Patrick Chan | Page 220 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
It's OK. No news is good news. Patrick is focusing on preparing for the upcoming competition, staying on the track he has fought to get back on. He doesn't need negative energy from people intent on spinning his words. Soon enough there will be more words from the pre 4CC press conference.

Feb 1 was a day of world peace synchronized meditation for Syria with leaders form Islamic, Christian, and Jewish faiths. There are many documented evidences of the positive effects of group meditation from lowering city crime rates to ceasing fires in war torn regions. Positive energy is much more powerful than the negative, and focused collective energy is highly leveraged to overcome negative forces at large.

Why am I talking about this? Because it struck me that perhaps our positivity did help bring about a calm Patrick achieving his goal at the Canadian Nationals. We were focused on encouraging and supporting him, without judgments, expectations, worries, panic, or negativity toward anybody. Hey, we were feeling good ourselves.

I say let's claim credit for helping Patrick get on track after all those struggles since his comeback. Let's keep it up with good thoughts. Ignore negativities against him instead of energizing them. Let's repeat the Believe campaign for Worlds 2016.

I believe.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i am performing MTK this weekend... I will be thinking of him when I do so :)
I'll be back next week :)

:cheer2:

It's OK. No news is good news. Patrick is focusing on preparing for the upcoming competition, staying on the track he has fought to get back on. He doesn't need negative energy from people intent on spinning his words. Soon enough there will be more words from the pre 4CC press conference.

Feb 1 was a day of world peace synchronized meditation for Syria with leaders form Islamic, Christian, and Jewish faiths. There are many documented evidences of the positive effects of group meditation from lowering city crime rates to ceasing fires in war torn regions. Positive energy is much more powerful than the negative, and focused collective energy is highly leveraged to overcome negative forces at large.

Why am I talking about this? Because it struck me that perhaps our positivity did help bring about a calm Patrick achieving his goal at the Canadian Nationals. We were focused on encouraging and supporting him, without judgments, expectations, worries, panic, or negativity toward anybody. Hey, we were feeling good ourselves.

I say let's claim credit for helping Patrick get on track after all those struggles since his comeback. Let's keep it up with good thoughts. Ignore negativities against him instead of energizing them. Let's repeat the Believe campaign for Worlds 2016.

I believe.

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
happylife, I haven't seen any new news or videos. However, a fan on this forum must have submitted this: :)

http://figure-skating-confessions.t...n-will-win-worlds-in-boston?is_related_post=1

VB: Yes, let's believe that we encouraged Patrick and helped him win Nationals. :agree: And good luck on your performance, 4everchan.

I talked to my friend in Taiwan last night and she said that the Four Continents Championship has been in the local news a lot, so hopefully Patrick will have a large audience. It's also been uncharacteristically cold there this winter, so tourists who went there to enjoy the warm climes were dismayed to feel the chilly air instead. I'm not worried about the cold affecting Patrick, because I'm sure he's used to it. But I am concerned about whether the humidity there will affect him and the other skaters. Taiwan during this time of year is chilly and damp, and it doesn't feel very good. May Patrick stay warm and dry.

Also, All, don't forget to wish Patrick a Happy Chinese New Year next Monday!

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
So much has been happening in this thread and I can’t respond to everything, but I do read and appreciate each post. I’ve especially enjoyed the fun in here lately. Thanks for the laughs. As we wait for 4CC, here’s more of my thoughts about Nationals. Thanks to those who have shared their firsthand reports and their encounters with Patrick. And also, congrats to those who had their questions answered by Patrick. He gave awesome answers!

I loved his response explaining the meaning of his LP. He said it’s “a development of my inner self, starting a little small and shy, within myself, and then near the end it’s really opening up to the audience.” It’s a meaning so deep that he can’t even put it into words. Rather, it’s “an internal feeling that goes through the entire body and hopefully to the audience.” In addition to MIM’s love letter analysis, I now can see Patrick overcoming his shyness as he goes through his LP. It gives new resonance to the moment at the end of the second step sequence where he glides to a stop with his arms outstretched and then lifts his head on the first of those clanging closing notes. Hence, the combination spin becomes a celebration of the artistic level he has come to right now. Wow, typing this out is blowing my mind in a great way. I also can see the program as a representation of “before and after Sochi.” Before Sochi, he was a more reserved skater, but doing shows after Sochi has taught him to project more. Interestingly, for him skating seems more about the feeling he gets than anything technical. I’m not surprised by that at all – it’s obvious in the technical and artistic choices he makes. Putting MIM’s and Patrick’s explanations together, another possible interpretation could be that Patrick is writing a love letter to the fans in this program by celebrating his growth as a figure skater. Patrick modestly said that “hopefully” his internal feeling goes out to the audience. Well, in my case, Patrick, you have succeeded in transmitting that feeling. Thank you to you and David Wilson for creating this sublime masterpiece that is SO YOU! :bow:

The Nationals SP was super special to me because Patrick was able to skate it with a level of comfort and engagement that we had not seen previously during the season. As I said before, I didn’t know that MTK as a program could be like that. It was amazing and so much fun to watch. I hope Patrick can be that relaxed at 4CC and Worlds.

Patrick’s answer about the 4S was interesting. He said he’s training the 4S “to challenge himself” (as opposed to trying to beat anyone). He also said “unfortunately” it won’t be at Worlds, like maybe he wished it was ready for Worlds? Or maybe that word choice meant absolutely nothing significant. :laugh: He mentioned in the answer that he has “other goals to achieve” at Worlds. I wonder what those other goals are exactly. Seeing him skate two clean programs is at the top of my fan wish list, no matter what color medal he gets. A bronze would complete his set! ;) I don’t mind that the 4S is still waiting in the wings.

So, in the Nationals, Patrick slayed the SP nemesis, added the other 4T and landed his 3A again in the LP. He proved to us and himself he is capable of performing these two programs brilliantly. Now he needs to raise his stamina so the new LP content will be fully executed. He can do it.

Already I can hardly wait for his LP with the 4S for next season.

I think he took this event as a practice event in the journey to the Worlds. Maybe David was there to watch him closely to adjust the choreography if needed. He will move forward methodically and find the fine line of balance between art and sports.

Oh, love-letter-wise, I think the letter hasn't been sent yet. It is still in his hand and I am expecting it soon. ;)

Thank you MIM for your review. I think there is a fatigue factor affecting both his technical and artistic outputs at the Nationals, particularly in the second half of the program. I schedule him to complete his new technical content at 4CC and get it all together at Worlds. :) Smooth sailing, baby, smooth sailing. :biggrin:

I think you will be moved by Patrick's love letter at Worlds. Wonder if calica, undolaure and 4verchan are aware that Patrick has been writing love letters to you. :think:
I agree with these posts and I am definitely looking forward to being moved by more love letters from Patrick! :yes:

Someone made a lovely tribute video celebrating Patrick’s 8 National Titles, with clips from all 8 long programs. Enjoy the trip down memory lane! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoOmKASmWCA

Last edited: