Patrick Chan | Page 229 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Going back and re-reading this thread, and there are so many good comments that I want to respond to!

To everyone who told him to go and get a jump coach, when will you learn???? Lol
He is a very mental skater, not a machine, and that affects his jumps, not his technique!
I'm so excited for worlds, whether he wins, podiums or not, I am unbelievably proud of him.

Lol, I was wondering if people would remember Kathy and give her some credit for his winning performance? But even Dave and Jenny of TSL seem to still be confused about her role in helping Patrick. See their 4CC recap here. I say let's give credit where credit is due.

I think now Patrick is truly understanding that the road to victory lies in focusing on his own performance, and not on the results or what his competition is doing. I'm glad to see that it's truly sinking in. Zschultz1986 explains this mindset very well in this post here.

I was so happy to see him live and that free program was AMAZING!!! We showed him even figure skating is not a popular sport in Taiwan, he still has many Taiwanese fans :)

wxyz1234533, I wish I could have been there with you! Thank you for showing your support to Patrick! What? Figure skating is not a popular sport in Taiwan?? Well then, please spread the word! Haha, I talked my Taiwanese friend's ear off last night and told them they had to see Patrick's performance. Then I texted another Chinese-Canadian friend about Patrick's victory. I also emailed my Canadian choir director the link to his performance and she thought it was spectacular. So we just need to show and tell people one by one. :)

VB, I just thought of it - it was a slap of frustration and celebration! :biggrin:

Franklin99, I added the NBC video link below.

Thanks so much for sharing again vivley! Patrick in the Cartoon looks so cute! BTW, it's the girl supposed to be Satoko?

You're probably right, I wasn't sure who she was.

UPDATED 4CC FS VIDEOS WITH COMMENTARY LINKS:

Last edited:

blueberryhill

On the Ice
Thanks so much for sharing again vivley! Patrick in the Cartoon looks so cute! BTW, it's the girl supposed to be Satoko?

m0001, The girl is wearing the same dress that Satoko wore for Japan Open 2015. And I also join you in your appreciation for Vivley! :agree:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I posted this clip from the Gala finale at the Gala thread.

https://youtu.be/UrUqrIDpM9s?t=572

LOL at Patrick running like hell when Alex went after him to be lifted and held horizontally after they had done that for Wenjing and Maia. I thought it would be Satoko's turn but Alex went for Patrick! :rofl:

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
More articles in the Taiwanese / Chinese media with nice pictures from 4CC:

http://news.rti.org.tw/news/detail/?recordId=253571
http://www.cdnews.com.tw/cdnews_site/docDetail.jsp?coluid=121&docid=103570408

This article is interesting because it was reported out of Beijing and not surprisingly focuses on Boyang and his "unlimited" future. No in-depth details on Patrick until the 4th paragraph, where it mentions that Patrick drew the most favorable start order, being last. Most amusing as the writer seems to want to explain away Patrick's victory but can't quite do it.

This article - I just love the subheading above the title because it uses a common Chinese idiom. It says literally, "One year no chirping; one chirp astonishes people". In other words, after a year off, Patrick came back and astonished all with one brilliant performance. See here and here for the origins of the idiom. So appropriate!

The King of Chu replied, “The bird may not fly and sing now, but when it flies, it will charge through the sky, and when it sings, the whole world will be amazed at its voice.”

That's what we saw from Patrick at 4CC.

Last edited:

SGrand

Final Flight
Wow! Johnny was so complementary towards Patrick, so nice to hear (with no mention of starfish hands lol).
But WHO was with him? That wasn't Tara interrupting halfway through to talk about Virtue and Moir (whom I adore and are excited to see again, but PLEASE shut up lol).

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
More articles in the Taiwanese / Chinese media with nice pictures from 4CC:

This article is interesting because it was reported out of Beijing and not surprisingly focuses on Boyang and his "unlimited" future. No in-depth details on Patrick until the 4th paragraph, where it mentions that Patrick drew the most favorable start order, being last. Most amusing as the writer seems to want to explain away Patrick's victory but can't quite do it.

vivley, you've probably provided the wrong link here. This is a very basic report out of Taiwan.

ultraworld

Rinkside
Hello everyone!!!!,I'm a huge fan of Patrick Chan and I come from Italy. I'm so happy to be here and talk with you about one of the best skaters of all times (and He is a great person too).

happylife

On the Ice
Ultraworld, You are welcome to Patrick's fans thread!!

!
Hello everyone!!!!,I'm a huge fan of Patrick Chan and I come from Italy. I'm so happy to be here and talk with you about one of the best skaters of all times (and He is a great person too)

Last edited:

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
I will have a lot to say about Patrick's 4CC win in future posts (I’ve been busy with other activities so I haven’t watched anything from the Men’s LP yet), but for now I wanted to add a link for vivley's commentary list (thinks to sabinfire for uploading it):

NBCSN (i.e. U.S.) Commentary - Johnny Weir/Andrea Joyce
This video is actually the entire U.S. broadcast, but I started the link at Patrick's FS. Patrick's part is 32:50-40:22.

ETA: When I posted this, I had not caught up on the whole thread. It turns out someone else uploaded only Patrick's LP with NBCSN commentary, as opposed to the whole broadcast. See the bottom of post #4561 by vivley (top of Page 305) for that link.

Last edited:

calica

Final Flight
I will have a lot to say Patrick's 4CC win in future posts (I’ve been busy with other activities so I haven’t watched anything from the Men’s LP yet), but for now I wanted to add a link for vivley's commentary list (thinks to sabinfire for uploading it):

Patrick's LP - NBCSN (i.e. US) Commentary (Johnny Weir/Andrea Joyce)
This video is actually the entire US broadcast, but the link starts at Patrick's FS. Patrick's part is from 32:50-40:22.

I love to hear so many compliments to Patrick.:luv17:
I never thought that Weir would be so kind about Chan. I do not know why but I had the feeling he did not like .(his skate /like person)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
same here....I don't know why they had to bring up tessa and scott though? haha.
I love to hear so many compliments to Patrick.:luv17:
I never thought that Weir would be so kind about Chan. I do not know why but I had the feeling he did not like .(his skate /like person)