Patrick Chan | Page 236 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
see his schedule here posted by vivley
Just found this during a Google Search, and I'm not sure why it's not on Skate Canada's Athlete Appearance Page, but Patrick will be featured at the Silver Blades Annual Ice Show in Corner Brook, NL on April 23.

So his upcoming appearances are:

March 28 - April 3, 2016 2016 World Figure Skating Championships, Boston, MA
April 9-10, 2016 Stars on Ice, Osaka, Japan
April 15-17, 2016 Stars on Ice, Tokyo, Japan
April 23, 2016 Silver Blades Annual Ice show featuring Patrick Chan, Corner Brook, NL
April 29, 2016 Stars on Ice, Halifax, NS
May 1, 2016 Stars on Ice, Ottawa, ON
May 6, 2016 Stars on Ice, Toronto, ON
May 7, 2016 Stars on Ice, Hamilton, ON
May 8, 2016 Stars on Ice, London, ON
May 11, 2016 Stars on Ice, Winnnipeg, MB
May 13, 2016 Stars on Ice, Edmonton, AB
May 14, 2016 Stars on Ice, Saskatoon, SK
May 15, 2016 Stars on Ice, Calgary, AB
May 18, 2016 Stars on Ice, Kelowna, BC
May 19, 2016 Stars on Ice, Vancouver, BC
May 21, 2016 Stars on Ice, Victoria, BC

Undolaure

Rinkside
I suggest the 4th movement of Saint-Saens' Symphony nº 3 ... "the organ one"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M68gT9XQMEw

I find the Faure's Cantique de Jean Racine a great choice !!! One of my favorite pieces of all time !!! And his Pavane is great also !!!

And what about something from Vaughan Williams... ? :luv17:

But I always thought that a piano piece suits Patrick well... so for his SP I would suggest Mendelssohn's "Songs without words"
Little short and melodic pieces.
Here's a playlist with all of them: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDF65C522375E620C

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

I find the Faure's Cantique de Jean Racine a great choice !!! One of my favorite pieces of all time !!! And his Pavane is great also !!!

But I always thought that a piano piece suits Patrick well... so for his SP I would suggest Mendelssohn's "Songs without words"
Here's a playlist with all of them: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDF65C522375E620C

anything by fauré and I am in ;) one of my favourite composers... the Patrick Chan of composers if one may say ;) haha (intricate writing, deep)
i don`t like the organ symphony or Saint-Saëns in general... so I would be okay with it but would hope for a better option the year after :)
VW : interesting... maybe an art song would be cool for a change... like love-sight or silent noon ... or lark ascending would be amazing.

mahler... welll the adagietto from the 5th would be great but it would be weird after it being Tessa and Scott's gold medal FD
so what about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTqbTP5qy7k

for mendelssohn, I'd prefer orchestral works like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUDvZaMl4RU

for short piano pieces : i didn't suggest any since well he just did a wonderful chopin and elegy is not too far away...
I think Patrick is the best skater for piano music out there... but yeah... so many options ;) if I think of something special, i will share it later ;)

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Excellent suggestions, all!

for short piano pieces : i didn't suggest any since well he just did a wonderful chopin and elegy is not too far away...
I think Patrick is the best skater for piano music out there... but yeah... so many options ;) if I think of something special, i will share it later ;)

Here's a piano and violin piece performed by William Joseph and Caroline Campbell, called "Piano Fantasy" that I think would be perfect for a short program, even though it would need to edited down. Just watch their energetic performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H524eCCreMU

The piece has a fast first section, and then a slow and beautiful melody in the middle, before the two instruments "chase" each other again in the last third - a natural progression for a program!

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
:( cross over :) hehe

Excellent suggestions, all!

Here's a piano and violin piece performed by William Joseph and Caroline Campbell, called "Piano Fantasy" that I think would be perfect for a short program, even though it would need to edited down. Just watch their energetic performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H524eCCreMU

The piece has a fast first section, and then a slow and beautiful melody in the middle, before the two instruments "chase" each other again in the last third - a natural progression for a program!

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
:( cross over :) hehe

It's an original composition *written by a classical pianist*, at least... I like its dramatic highs and lows for skating.

Now I'm curious as to your definition of "crossover" vs. a modern classical piece. Reply at your leisure, of course. :)

Oh, and welcome back, VB! Hope you are back to your healthy self! :)

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

Hey, did anybody think I was dying?! I've been playing table tennis and watch out, everybody, because I'll receive my new custom weapon tomorrow! :yay: Ah well, probably even fewer people will want to play me. :p

eta. Canada Post tracking says it's been delivered. :yahoo: I will be patient and pick it up from the mailbox on my way to play pingpong tonight. :yes2:

Last edited:

Krunchii

Record Breaker

Vaughan Williams would be good, I don't think I've ever seen anyone do Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis and it's his most famous work, it's such a fantastic piece of music and I really want someone artistic to do it justice.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well... we would need to talk a lot about the difference between classical music and "modern copies" in my world, the crossover pop classical music is regarded with disdain... i'm open minded but i'd rather see patrick skate on true classical music or jazz .... i cannot type more than that for now.. just got a surgery and i'm frozen and only using one hand to type :( more another time...
It's an original composition *written by a classical pianist*, at least... I like its dramatic highs and lows for skating.

Now I'm curious as to your definition of "crossover" vs. a modern classical piece. Reply at your leisure, of course. :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
if there are no complications, it's all good... it went well ;) trust me, i am off work for a couple weeks and am getting funny pills... they are light blue :) Maybe VB knows them... i plan on taking them and watch patrick's skates on repeat while falling into bliss. thanks :)
Hope it is nothing serious. You can indulge in watching Patrick on Youtube while recuperating! :) Take care!

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Good luck with your new weapon, VB! Hope it keeps you healthy and energetic!

4everchan, music is such an important part of figure skating that I'm sure we could talk about it for a looong time, but no need to strain yourself. I know something about your world because I have performed with a few orchestras as well, though in a different capacity. Like m0001, I wish you a speedy and complete recovery. :agree: Enjoy your time off!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

happylife

On the Ice
4everchan, Wishing you the best in health, hope you recover quickly from your recent surgery. Enjoy your time off, put your feet up and enjoy watching Patrick's skating from YouTube as Blueberryhill suggested. It will cheer you up and help you recover fully by watching Patrick's skating. Take care!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
thank you happylife... i am certainly resting ;) and I am spending a lot of time on youtube ;) haha

4everchan, Wishing you the best in health, hope you recover quickly from your recent surgery. Enjoy your time off, put your feet up and enjoy watching Patrick's skating from YouTube as Blueberryhill suggested. It will cheer you up and help you recover fully by watching Patrick's skating. Take care!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
thank you happylife... i am certainly resting ;) and I am spending a lot of time on youtube ;) haha

Attaboy. You will be back playing piano at no time. Whatever pill you're taking, take the least you can.

Ain't know no blue pills, black pills, white pills....... Other than my metaphysical violet pill, I've not touched any evil phama product in almost two decades and hardly any before, except for dental injections. Didn't even take the antibiotics and pain pills for the dental surgeries. I'm healthier than anybody I know, with only a couple of cases of flu this season in about 15 years, which is discouraging enough for me!

I manage my health so I don't need to manage any illness. I don't understand why most people choose otherwise.

Enjoy whatever you could during your recovery, 4everchan. Focus on fun, joy, bliss and gratitude instead of pain, suffering, or feeling impatient or sorry for yourself. So far you've been very productive, what with all the music selection and comments you manage to type out with one hand. :2thumbs: I think I understand a major reason you appreciate Patrick's skating so much, being such a musical purist. :yes: