Patrick Chan | Page 24 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

spikydurian

Medalist
Like this interview: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...t-nerves-to-notch-another-win/article2335815/
especially these comments .. "Chan of Toronto said he expects the gap to close at the world championships with Takahashi intent on landing his quad. There never is a day in competition when I feel I’m entitled to win, Chan said. “I can’t do a half-assed program and still win. … Everybody will bring their A game.” :thumbsup:
Way to go for Patrick. :rock:

L

lowtherlore

He's so good you don't need to like the program to enjoy his skating. It's exciting he can be even more awesome when given a right program.

Boeing787

On the Ice
I saw this post while browsing FSU:

I was in no way diminishing Patrick's skating ability. I first saw him in person at SA in Reading in 07. Those magical feet of his blew me away. From that day forward, I always used the expression.."I wanna marry his feet.."I've had the opportunity to tell him that on a few occasions...He always answers cheerfully.."They're stinky.."

I recall Kurt joked about Patrick's not so fresh feet in their program. Aslo, years ago someone mentioned on youtube that her mom sat next to Patrick in the Granite club the day before and could smell his feet. Now I wonder how the men's dressing room smells like ...

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I know the hockey team dressing rooms are supposed to be the worst, and their equipment bags. I'm sure Patrick's feet need some airing out.

spikydurian

Medalist
Those magical feet of his blew me away. From that day forward, I always used the expression.."I wanna marry his feet.."I've had the opportunity to tell him that on a few occasions...He always answers cheerfully.."They're stinky.."
I recall Kurt joked about Patrick's not so fresh feet in their program. Aslo, years ago someone mentioned on youtube that her mom sat next to Patrick in the Granite club the day before and could smell his feet. Now I wonder how the men's dressing room smells like ...
:rofl:
See what poor Evan had to put up with: http://photography.ice-dance.com/20...eCanada/Men/press/Hoyt-2008-1101-4029.jpg.php
Mrs Chan has to buy lots of this: http://www.drugstore.com/dr-scholls-odor-destroyers-foot-deodorant-spray/qxp14254
:laugh:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Someone posted this on FSU, the post 4CC small medal audience Q&A:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcPQNItAd_Q&list=PL12ED8533B68F1F4B&index=88&feature=plpp_video

It's great to see the skaters get on so well with each other.

Thanks!

I love Patrick explained how they felt after skating at high altitude, and Adam, Daisuke, and Ross all agreed!:laugh: Yeah, seems they are getting along very well. Patrick showed a lot of respect to Takahashi. And Takahashi showed his humbleness.:thumbsup:

What a charming interchange. The guys looked so at ease, considering what they had just put out to win their medals.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I had linked that video in the Mens LP thread a few days ago but there is no interest there - it's boring when Patrick skated clean. ;)

I like the part when Daisuke said "co...." and held the mic to Patrick's face for him to finish the word "choreography" for him. They were acting like an old couple. :laugh:

Last edited:
Yeah, that was very sweet. Patrick's and Daisuke's behavior to each other demonstrates that there is a huge difference between being rivals and being enemies.

spikydurian

Medalist
Yes, I like the comradeship displayed in the interview. Makes it more like a 'gentlemen' sport. Indeed, based on body language, one can see how relaxed Dai and Patrick are towards each other. Competition and friendship can co-exist. I am happy as they are both my favourites and now I :love: them more.

SF, we all know that when Patrick skates clean, there isn't much to nit-pick hence the silence. Oh no..I am wrong.. there will be still something to pick on .. hmmm.. like facial expression and his 'cross-eyes' ;)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Champion figure skater Patrick Chan talks about Olympic dreams, donates for stem cell initiative

Patrick Chan, World Figure Skating Champion in Vancouver. Media conference.

All five WCBAC charters will raise funds for Patrick this year. Mr. Wong expresses that Patrick will be fully supported by the Chinese community so he would have no worries but to focus on his training. So much pride and hope.

Fundraising dinner tomorrow in Vancouver. I guess he will try to sneak in some skiing after that.

Last edited: