Page 25 of 187 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 75 125 ... LastLast

Thread: Patrick Chan

Custom Title
    Just to test if I can still post. Looks like some of my posts have been deleted. Oh well.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    This just isn't the thread for Patrick bashing, Johnny bashing, or Patrick fan bashing. You are all good people

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    At this point, Patrick is his own threat. He really is competing with himself. None of the forerunners has TES content to rival his, while the very few with comparable or higher TES BV lag signigicantly in PCS. Put it this way, as high as his PCS is, his TES tops it when he skates well and especially when clean. There is no cap on TES and, dismissing his Nationals scores, he is pushing the presumed TES limits of 50 and 100 in the two programs.

Kozuka lacks what I call the champion look or commending presence, so does Jeremy, despite them being among the very best. It's something skaters like Plushenko, Takahashi, and earlier Joubert have in spades, something you can perceive as soon as they take to the ice. Patrick, OTOH, cannot be missed on ice, even by casual fans, who can't help but notice him among any group of skaters, just by his simplest moves. He has a cool focus, and if he were nervous, he doesn't show it.

eta. As for Kozuka comparing to Daisuke and Jeremy, he beat them both soundly last season. He even beat Patrick's Worlds LP TES. He is running colder this year while the other two are swinging back. They are all potentially dangerous and cannot be counted out.
    Precisely, As long as Patrick skates a clean program, he is unbeatable. He just needs to stay vertical.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Boeing787 View Post
    Precisely, As long as Patrick skates a clean program, he is unbeatable. He just needs to stay vertical.
    But not too vertical, not with those deep edges.

Custom Title
    But not too vertical, not with those deep edges.
    Yeah, his edges are even deeper this year. No wonder his SS marks get higher.

Custom Title
    There is a Support Patrick Chan website now, http://supportpatrickchan.com/ and the next fundraising dinner will be February 18, 2012, which, as usual, will also include scholarship presentations by the World Chinese Business Association Of Canada. They raised $42,000 for him last year.

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    This just isn't the thread for Patrick bashing, Johnny bashing, or Patrick fan bashing. You are all good people
    PEACE on earth and goodwill onto men (and women in case I am accused of being gender bias/politically incorrect).

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    . Let's continue spreading our Patrick Chan love.
    Let's indulge in our Patrick Chan 'ubering'. Muah!

Thanks for the link, I was way off with the dates. lol

Custom Title
    There is a Support Patrick Chan website now, http://supportpatrickchan.com/ and the next fundraising dinner will be February 18, 2012, which, as usual, will also include scholarship presentations by the World Chinese Business Association Of Canada. They raised $42,000 for him last year.
    According to the link, it costs $200,000 per year. Yoicks!

His new Ex number is a keeper!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fyG_W0Sq6Y
    Just out of curiosity, what do you Patrick Ubers think of his new Ex? I have read descriptions like 'very Kurt" and 'sensual' and 'wild'
    I think it's one which will have all the 'girls screaming louder'. Personally, I think the first two descriptions jump to my mind when I first watch it. The title of the song is apt.

Custom Title
    It sure is an impressive program! Good for Patrick.

Custom Title
    The king of Canadian figure skating Patrick Chan(as he was called in this):

Patrick skating for ThinkFirst Canada
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 02-03-2012 at 12:06 AM.

Thanks Bluebonnet.
    Can't seem to find the Canadian Nationals 2012 Ex for Patrick on Youtube. Anyone??

Custom Title
    I really like this Ex program from him, shows he's maturing and branching out and having fun. Once he starts to get more performances like this under his belt I think the movement will become a lot more second nature to him as well. Although it is very 'Kurt', he still has a ways to go in that area, but I have more than enough time to watch him grow into the great one I think he will become

Page 25 of 187 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 75 125 ... LastLast