Patrick Chan | Page 29 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Other boards are referring to the same translation and some posters bring up Patrick in their discussions. Could you bring the quote of Mr. Lakernik's mention of Patrick here?

eta. I just saw Mathman's thread on his radio interview with Patrick mention.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
It's sad when an honest and honourable person is considered to be unsuitable to be a politician. Such a person would be a good politician, though extremely difficult to be successful by rising to a position of power.

Latest from Patrick:

Patrick Chan talks about figure skating worlds

LOL... i know you are a fan, but to call Patrick having the making of a good politician is playing ignorance with the fact Wars have been started, trade policies broken down, Union rebelled because of too much honesty, loose tongue and complete failure in diplomacy. If you like to live on the edge (pun intended), then I guess Patrick is your man.

Patrick has not even able to conquer the Canadian Press outside figure skating world or the Skating press abroad, so incredibly I believe he is far from the the ideal politician, except maybe in City of Chantastic where he can be the mayor for all I care. (Somewhere I doubt I can afford to visit, the chances are - the inflation there is likely to kill me and I won't be able to have a good time wearing my Takahashi T Shirt.)

OTOH, omg Baby Patrick is adorable. The long eye lashes, pretty boy!

Interesting about his work on Dancing from the Video clips, I would be interested to see how much improvement Patrick were able to deliver compare with last year. Maybe I may come around to the idea he does deserve the PCS in the end, his improvement is noticeable everytime i see him.

Wow $200,000 training cost a year?!

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
You are making exactly my point. We should have honest and honourable politicians but we don't, so much so that honest and honourable people are automatically excluded from politics. It's supposed to be a dirty arena with manipulative ruthless people so that's what we get and accept as a reality.

We have different definitions of "good", that's all. Nothing to do with my fandom.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
You are making exactly my point. We should have honest and honourable politicians but we don't, so much so that honest and honourable people are automatically excluded from politics. It's supposed to be a dirty arena with manipulative ruthless people so that's what we get and accept as a reality.

We have different definitions of "good", that's all. Nothing to do with my fandom.

I wish for honest and honourable politician too, but they are rare and far in between in the history of the world. They are unlikely to exist as long as Human desires are driven by capitalism, ambition, materialism, greed, and selfishness. The only people I can think of is are worthy of these descriptions are maybe Gandhi and Nelson Mandela, and that is after along term periods of struggle hitting rock botton they manage to rise above themselves and followed through in their ideology and their humanity. That is far from the capitalist leaning Patrick Chan seems to be struggle with from a rich country like Canada that apparently don't look after their atheletes well enough, he had to reach out to others who he shares heritage and ethnicity with.

I like this lady in the video clip, he should hire her as his PR speaker. Very good clip, thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

spikydurian

Medalist
I bet TU Ly has made Patrick new Take Five costume!
Thanks SF , as always keeping us updated on Patrick.
B787, there's only one more comp to go before he (I assume) starts a new SP in 2012 so ... I also wonder whether Tu Ly will make Patrick a new Take Five costume? No 'plunging necklines' for Take Five type of music ;)

spikydurian

Medalist
Maybe you should have wished that Patrick took his All That Skate getup to use in a show number. I think it would incur costume deduction in ISU competitions. ;)
:laugh: I wonder who designed those costumes. Incredibly kaleidoscopic and 'sissy'. I hope it's not Tu Ly :eek: .... ;)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
:laugh: I wonder who designed those costumes. Incredibly kaleidoscopic and 'sissy'. I hope it's not Tu Ly :eek: .... ;)

All That Skate always provides some young fashion for Yuna's guests. I usually like them except those colorful legging-like tight jeans a few years back. Johnny Weir had on a pink pair that made his butt look so big.

More Patrick news as Worlds raves up to go:

PJ's video interview: Patrick Chan - 24 hours before leaving for Nice

Dianno's fluff: Canada’s Patrick Chan finely tuned figure skating machine

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
All That Skate always provides some young fashion for Yuna's guests. I usually like them except those colorful legging-like tight jeans a few years back. Johnny Weir had on a pink pair that made his butt look so big.

I find sometimes normal Asian styles on men look and feel too feminine in western standard. It is the cultural difference that made the taste different. Even I who was brain-washed in NA feel that some Asian styles are too colorful and cheesy.

More Patrick news as Worlds raves up to go:

PJ's video interview: Patrick Chan - 24 hours before leaving for Nice

Dianno's fluff: Canada’s Patrick Chan finely tuned figure skating machine

Good luck, Patrick!:love:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
But the outfit I linked to (for Boeing, :laugh: ) and just referred to was neither colourful nor sissy. It was black and gray and pretty macho, even if cheesy, showing off Patrick's chest. He wore an open shirt over a scooped neck vest, plus pants of course, in black.

Maybe you can get a glimpse with this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5_6UNMp7ec#t=105s

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
But the outfit I linked to (for Boeing, :laugh: ) and just referred to was neither colourful nor sissy. It was black and gray and pretty macho, even if cheesy, showing off Patrick's chest. He wore an open shirt over a scooped neck vest, plus pants of course, in black.

Maybe you can get a glimpse with this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5_6UNMp7ec#t=105s

I've never seen the outfit you linked to Boeing due to my computer's inability to open them. In this video, was that Patrick Chan with black tank top and a shirt on outside? It's ok. But yes, it was cheesy. The tank top was too low for my taste which is usually pretty ancient.:biggrin: