Page 4 of 194 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Patrick Chan

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    That's great that he got invited by Japan! But doesn't it cut off some of his training time for Nationals? But if Chan himself thinks it's ok, then it is ok.
    Well, he needs to raise funds for training and to make up for the donation from his GPF prize, and the opportunity does not exist for him in Canada. At least it's not a competition so it's more relaxed and he will probably have some fun with his friends, after they have competed. I doubt he'll get to use their rink for practice though, besides what is necessary for the show.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Well, he needs to raise funds for training and to make up for the donation from his GPF prize, and the opportunity does not exist for him in Canada. At least it's not a competition so it's more relaxed and he will probably have some fun with his friends, after they have competed. I doubt he'll get to use their rink for practice though, besides what is necessary for the show.
    True.

Custom Title
    Actually this may be the last or close to last opportunity to watch Shen/Zhao perform as they plan to retire from skating all together and to focus on promoting the sport and training young athletes in China, besides starting a family.

Custom Title
    Patrick Chan: QMI Agency Canadian Male Athlete of the Year

Video

More honours and more congratulations!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    MK did not skate when so much footwork was required but she had beautiful edges and staying on your feet through 7 triples time after time is quite a skating skill. She was not as balletic or fast over the ice as Gordeeva but Gordeeva was a pair skater, not any kind of jumper. Always lovely at what she can do, though.
    When I think of Kwan's edges I think of Dante's Prayer.

There's one program that I love by Gordeeva that shows off her edges beautifully but I can't think of the song.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Doris, thank you for changing the tenor of this thread and its title!!!

Custom Title
    Doris, thanks so much for creating this thread! LOL, one should have been created for Lysacek a while ago...

I have been a fan of Chan´s skating for some years. There are many reasons why I love to watch it, but most of all I love the way he floats on the ice totally effortlessly. And his speed is very good, too, unlike with some skaters who may look very elegant on the ice, but lack the speed. Our commentators are gushing about Chan´s edges very much.
    Last edited by Jaana; 12-22-2011 at 06:19 AM.

Custom Title
    Athlete of the Year: Patrick Chan

Another award, this time from CBC. Congratulations, Patrick!

The year-end accolades keep coming. I know it makes a bad Christmas for some people, but what a time for Patrick and for figure skating in Canada!

Merry Christmas, Patrick! May you have many more titles in years to come.

^ It does not make a bad Christmas for anyone. Anyone with an interest in figure skating is pleased by this sort of news.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Athlete of the Year: Patrick Chan

Another award, this time from CBC. Congratulations, Patrick!

The year-end accolades keep coming. I know it makes a bad Christmas for some people, but what a time for Patrick and for figure skating in Canada!

Merry Christmas, Patrick! May you have many more titles in years to come.
    Is there money coming with it? Oh well, it's better than nothing I guess.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    It's better for skating to have Patrick get awards than to have awards go to a Canadian rules football player or a hockey player instead
    Way to go, Patrick! Keep on keeping skating popular in Canada!!!
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 12-22-2011 at 04:24 PM.

Banned
    So is he going to add 4S in the long program? If so, I guess 4S and 4T3T to open the long program? Or 3 quads in the long program?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Boeing787 View Post
    Is there money coming with it? Oh well, it's better than nothing I guess.
    Lou Marsh award came with $5000 to the charity of his choice, Think First.

So far this year, Patrick only lost once, to a tragically and publicly deceased Olympian. RIP, Hickstead.

Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    So is he going to add 4S in the long program? If so, I guess 4S and 4T3T to open the long program? Or 3 quads in the long program?
    Probably 3 quads. We'll have to wait and see. Not too surprised he's sticking with his plan.

Custom Title
    What a lovely thread! Thanks so much for this! Truly a lovely Christmas gift!

People here have expressed so eloquently why they admire Patrick. I don't think I could do better. For me he combines the technical excellence of Elvis and the brilliant interpretation of Kurt. For years and years it seemed that Olympic gold was always Russian or U.S. dominated and it was amazing to me that with all the wonderful male skaters we've had here in Canada, we have never had gold! I do so hope that Patrick can do it for us.

Custom Title
    Great video of Patrick skating a cowboy number with Ryan Jahnke yesterday (Dec 21) in Colorado:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZNWO...&feature=share
    They look like they are really having fun!

Page 4 of 194 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 ... LastLast