Fri Feb 17 3:45 AM Men's Short
Sat Feb 18 12:00 AM Pairs Free
4:00 AM Ladies Free
9:00 PM Men's Free
Sun Feb 19 3:00 AM Gala

Last edited:

TGee

Record Breaker
i think that Gracie is probably a nice girl who wants a better outcome than she got this year.... on this forum, people paint her as a nutcase but who really knows her??? I think Patrick is mature enough not to get disturbed in his preparation, no matter who shows up at the rink, whether it's a quadster or an ice princess ;)

Suggest that folks check out this Ice Network interview with Gracie..

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2017/02/09/215585806

One of the positive aspects Gracie cites of training at Arctic Edge is the 'no drama' atmosphere...wherein preparing for Worlds with Patrick and the Shibs is no different than preparing for a senior B or nationals...

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
From IN article TGee linked:

"I guess it's a gut feeling," Gold said. "I really feel it's the place for me. There's a good feeling there. Patrick [Chan] and the Shibutanis seem so happy. I just know it's right."

Sharing the ice with longtime friends Maia Shibutani and Alex Shibutani, the two-time U.S. ice dance champions, and Canada's Chan, a three-time world champion, is a big part of Canton's appeal.

"They all have that kind of cool, calm and collected feel," Gold said. "Everyone goes into the rink to skate on their own terms, nothing extra. Training for worlds there is like training for any other competition -- it could be Champs Camp or Skate Detroit. There's no drama. Marina has created such a great environment."

I had wanted to post even before the article that I believed Patrick's happy sunny character would have a good influence on Gracie. He seems to spread that joy around wherever he is. The Shibs too are the happy friendly sort. Gracie is surrounded by positive energy in that environment and that's just what she needs. Yeah, no drama. Not when people are open, happy, and loving.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
CBC 4CC streaming schedule:
Wed Feb 15 9:00 PM Ice Dance Short
Thu Feb 16 12:00 AM Pairs Short
3:50 AM Ladies Short
11:30 PM Ice Dance Free
Fri Feb 17 3:45 AM Men's Short
Sat Feb 18 12:00 AM Pairs Free
4:00 AM Ladies Free
9:00 PM Men's Free
Sun Feb 19 3:00 AM Gala

damn...men's short... probably not happening for me.... the rest is totally fine...

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
This was the promo for the Sochi Olympics. Patrick had too much of a nation's expectation on him that he wanted too badly to fulfill. He has a very different mindset now for the Pyeong Chang Olympics and I'm very happy for that.
Yes, I knew it was old. I could feel Patrick's tension when I watched bits of it again. I am SO HAPPY with his new mindset. Some people still say he makes excuses, which they find annoying, but oh well. I'm looking forward to how he skates in Pyeongchang; may it be his best-skated Olympics yet! :)

I'm so glad Gracie is finding the Canton atmosphere helpful, as did Patrick when he arrived there. May they all remain healthy and happy! :)

ETA: I'm not thrilled with my new avatar (the flags are more clear than the people :laugh:) but I love the picture itself and how happy the three of them look together. :yes:

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
ETA: I'm not thrilled with my new avatar (the flags are more clear than the people :laugh:) but I love the picture itself and how happy the three of them look together. :yes:

meh :) you have had some great avatars and i'm sure patrick will grant you a new one soon :)

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
Last edited:

calica

Final Flight
I don´t know what is my problem, i can put avatar and generally i can see your avatars. :(

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I could not resist! :laugh2: So now I have a funny and green avatar, at least until after 4CC.

ETA: This is my 600th post. 373 of those are in Patrick's Fan Fest. :biggrin:

perfect avatar

this fan fest is grateful for all 373 posts you have made here ;) keep it up !!!!

Last edited: