Page 41 of 187 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 91 141 ... LastLast

Thread: Patrick Chan

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Boeing had it above your post, it's the follow up of the teaser I posted.

Here, to make it easy for you:

16x9 The Bigger Picture - Chan

Now that I've watched it myself,

What a champion!
    Host: "Women love you!"
    Patrick: "Mmmm....and I love them back!"

"My mom is my manager and my dad....is the CEO of my company" XD that was so funny haha

Custom Title
    Boeing had it above your post, it's the follow up of the teaser I posted.

Here, to make it easy for you:

16x9 The Bigger Picture - Chan

Now that I've watched it myself,

What a champion!
    Thank you so much! Love it!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    Host: "Women love you!"
    Patrick: "Mmmm....and I love them back!"

"My mom is my manager and my dad....is the CEO of my company" XD that was so funny haha

And who says he wouldn't make it in politics?! Quick thinking and cute too.

Custom Title

Noticed he applied to Harvard? :S Surprised he has the time to write SATs lol

Custom Title

I thought both you and I said it.

Custom Title
    I actually think Patrick is quicker and have much more sense in choosing the right words than an average 21 year old. But a politician? Nay, I agree he is too honest and transparent to be a politician. A lawyer like his dad might be a good career for him since he is gifted in speaking.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 03-26-2012 at 11:48 PM.

Custom Title
    Patrick is not naturally gifted in speaking. It's another area he has improved greatly - articulation. I guess it's part of growing up and maturing. He used to be somewhat inarticulate with words but relied on his genuine and jovial demeanor to get some of his points across, thus being liable to malicious spins in written reports. But he was so young and suddenly dealing with journalists of different genres and intentions. Besides his chronological and physical growth, his experiences as an elite athlete traveling all over the world and meeting the public and the media regularly have contributed much to his precocious maturity of today. I think he is now nicely balanced between being natural, sincere, and honest, yet assertive and in control of the conversation in a humble humorous manner. Not perfect yet, probably never will be just like all people, but he handles himself with class, expressing himself well in all kinds of situations most people his age are not able to deal with.

Custom Title
    Let the boy skate; he can decide whether he wants to be a politician or whatever later. I hear Mcdonald's is always hiring and they like him there.

And sublime.

Welcome, blainechan.
    Yeah, welcome blainechan to our mad, hilarious, funny Patrick-ubering thread. BTW, you are not related to Mr Chan are you? Or it's just that Chan is such a common family name like Jones, Brown and of course Dai-Chan, Kozuka-Chan, Nathan Chen/Chan ...

Quote Originally Posted by Boeing787 View Post
    Based on his necklace, ring and looks, the bathroom vid was made when he was around 18.
    Holy cow ... did you freeze and blew up the vid to scrutinize his chest? I didn't notice he was wearing a necklace and ring

Yeah, I wish I could remove the towel!
    Don't think Mrs Chan will approve!

It's funny the interviewer called Patrick a sex symbol. I never thought him that way. He is so naive and boyish, I always consider him just a talented kid. And he is, he had to look at his mom before he answered that sex symbol question!
    Agree. He looked embarrassed too!

On a serious and honest (like Patrick) note, I was first intrigued by this talented kid with the oldest coach. Watched his current and past skating vids and enjoyed watching the 'growth' in his skating. Although some people may think he is politically incorrect, I see his comments as naive honesty but never never with malice, sarcasm and intention to hurt. In fact for a 'boy' his age, some of his comments were introspective. I am happy that he did not give up after the 2010 Olympics for I can further enjoy his skating and watch him grow. To Mr and Mrs Chan I say, 'he is not only talented but a fine young man'. Well brought up. I can only hope the best is yet to come for Patrick.
    Last edited by spikydurian; 03-27-2012 at 06:21 AM.

Custom Title
    Here is a great 2 page spread on Patrick's program from the Toronto Star:
    http://media.thestar.topscms.com/acr...afa5603ead.pdf

and here is an article about Patrick quoting Toller from today's Globe and Mail:
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle2381507/

Thanks trains and fscric for the articles and vids.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by trains View Post
    Here is a great 2 page spread on Patrick's program from the Toronto Star:
    http://media.thestar.topscms.com/acr...afa5603ead.pdf
    This is both entertaining and educational! Many thanks to Toronto Star and trains!

I do have a question though. I thought the clock starts when the music starts, instead of when he moves.
    Last edited by Boeing787; 03-27-2012 at 10:32 AM.

Custom Title
    In bid to defend world title, Chan finds motivation in U.S. rival Jeremy Abbott.

A general pre Worlds report on various contenders with a provoking title:Patrick Chan expected to steamroll on through worlds and defend title

Page 41 of 187 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 91 141 ... LastLast