Patrick Chan | Page 51 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
:laugh: ^. Yes we need some comps and in a hurry. I wonder if Patrick ever reads this stuff:)

I think his eyes would glaze over. :laugh: "Pumas? Dolce Gabbana? Dance moves I've never heard of? I know all the skating moves. I'm the World Champion."

Best to bring him the clothes and have him stretch out his arms. And arrange his pocket square and his hair, like what they did at Harry Rosen. :) eta. Or photoshop him, as I suggested. Like some virtual dressing room software by retailers.

However, I think Patrick likes Lululemon and a designer t-shirt brand I can't remember right now. He bought one and showed it off on Twitter. Of course, it has been seen in photos more than once. ;)

(Has there been any noticeable Tess influence?)

But Boeing and Ravensque can debate over which is the best feature of his physique, his chest or his legs?

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Nah Pdiddy would like some pumas or lacoste running shoes. And its Luon not Lululemon folks that Patty would wear unless he is into cross dressing. A lot of people tribute things to Tess- I get cncerned - her mom, her - are they taking over his life? I hope it doesn't cost him OGM? I hope a woman or women don't cause the downfall of Chan- making foolish decisions etc.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
So far women have been very good for Patrick in his life and career. He just needs different ones along the way or they have to adjust their roles, like his Mom is more his manager now than Mommy but Krall didn't like her reduced role. He used to have the really old men as his coaches and then he was surrounded by women. Now at least he is using male choreographers and would we see a younger man with him at K&C? :confused2:

Paddy cross dressing? :think: :laugh:

Nah Pdiddy would like some pumas or lacoste running shoes.

PDiddy? Are you sure?

And its Luon not Lululemon folks that Patty would wear

So we are now even in the misnaming department. ;)

noskates

Record Breaker
Still new here and cruising around reading different threads. This one had me laughing out loud. Skaterboy's "A little ratpack" and "martini bar!" If Patrick was reading this he would probably be gagglepated! Hee! Hee! But it sure is fun.

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
:rofl: They 'make life more interesting'. :p

Skater Boy, you brought this on to yourself. ;) Game on? Prove it! But make sure you follow the rule ie. 'no expressively dress people image allowed' otherwise we will maul you to pieces. :laugh:

OH NO OH NO! I think I just have been bullied or threatened on line by Spikeydurian. LOL. Sorry just having some fun and lighten sometimes the levity on this board. Really I hav elearned to like Patrick's skating. Okay his dressing well at least it is clean and comfortable. I dno't think he ever desired to be the Johnny Weir of our times or for that matter an Abercombie and Fitch poster boy LOL. Mind you i have never seen his abs - ok let's don't go there people!!!!! I do hope we see Patrick bring a strong sense of style llike Dai to his skating - that he would feel the music and interpret it with his heart, maybe pick some costumes that truly represent the song. Sadly the puffy shirt and fitted pants do give that minimalist artsy look (LOL X 2) I wonder if Patrick could skate to some kungfu music and where a martial arts outfit but with a little more style and grace than his compatriot - Elvis Stojko.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
As long as Patrick stays away from the white J. Lindenberg belts we will all be okay. I know he is Canadian but he also should try to stay away from Bieber fever and in particular the mop top look. I wonder if he would follow Dai or his compatriot Jeremy Ten- he has "asian" hair so some wild cut in do might just do the trick. As long as he doesn't do the mullet please.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
OH NO OH NO! I think I just have been bullied or threatened on line by Spikeydurian. LOL. Sorry just having some fun and lighten sometimes the levity on this board. Really I hav elearned to like Patrick's skating. Okay his dressing well at least it is clean and comfortable. I dno't think he ever desired to be the Johnny Weir of our times or for that matter an Abercombie and Fitch poster boy LOL. Mind you i have never seen his abs - ok let's don't go there people!!!!! I do hope we see Patrick bring a strong sense of style llike Dai to his skating - that he would feel the music and interpret it with his heart, maybe pick some costumes that truly represent the song. Sadly the puffy shirt and fitted pants do give that minimalist artsy look (LOL X 2) I wonder if Patrick could skate to some kungfu music and where a martial arts outfit but with a little more style and grace than his compatriot - Elvis Stojko.

Let's go there, to assist you with your job:

Patrick's ab, 2010

Since then, Patrick has improved his diet so his body fat has dropped from 10% to 8%.

Patrick, we are going to keep this up until you reveal your new programs, at least the music and the choreographers!

(How is that for cyber bullying? You guys think this is an effective threat ?)

Last edited:

emdee

Final Flight
SF - its a very effective threat especially when we decide to move to other parts of his body!!

Patrick please give us some meat on your new programs - we too want to get into the music.

I wonder whether he will do Liberty or Thornhill this year? Is Yuna having a summer skate?

spikydurian

Medalist
Let's go there, to assist you with your job:
Patrick's ab, 2010
Since then, Patrick has improved his diet so his body fat has dropped from 10% to 8%.
:laugh: I thought Patrick was thinner than that! (Puppy fat?)

Let's start of analysis of Mr. Chan. Physicque - slender. does not have an inverted triangle really but very toned. Quite lithe. May need to "grow" or create some faux shoulders (or start working out in the gym more). Legs - I will take your word for it but while he might look good casually in skinny jeans and perhaps a plaid shirt or for his lifestyle and being world champion better yet a think cashmere v neck say in electric blue with a crisp white t-shirt. Then some kind of military inspired blzer and a newsboy cap. He could rock this with some square toed Steve Madden's - I suggest the Madden's over laceless Lacoste or whie Pumas because that is so overdone and chan is an international superstar/athlete in the public eye. He needs to be able to look chic for talk shows and he isn't a teen any more. A body consciouslook like this would not make Mr. Chan look so much like an overt sexual object. It says business still - he's a skater not a Hollywood pretty boy. this could be a casual chic look. I actually think Armani is all wrong for Patrick's look. I am thinking more Dolce Gabana - no nothing like Elton John (with due respect). Something that says martini bar. The shorter jacket would look great on a slim person whose stature is not particularly overwhelming (tall). About the hair. People I think long hair on Patrick would be wrong - the hair would be wearing him. It is important that as Patrick metamorphasizes from a caterpillar into a beautiful or more beautiful butterfly that Chan maintains a sense of who he is. We want Patrick to be Patrick - perhaps just a more refined Patrick. So had that light grey jacket had matching pants and perhapslight brown shoes or even more chic say Prada velvet grey slipper shoes and a silk tshirt or a nice collared shirt say by E|nglish laundry with a little pizzaz and contrasting sleeves he would be a sharper more sophisticated Patrick. let's not try to go John Mayer on him. Actually for a more formal look the ratpack look - fitted italian suit with a slim tie would be sharp. I think Paddy could pull off whimsy - wild jacket or shirt but it might look more showing on him. He can be understaned but chic - it helps he is in shape. However let's not get into the tight fitted spandex look - I don't care how skinny or muscular you are- if God wanted you to look like a stuffed sausage he wouldn't have made clothes. Spandex may have been just an off day - lol. \More later as this is just off the top of my head (oh dear goodness we really need some skating competitions and soon!)
:thumbsup: for taking on the challenge though some images will help ;) ^^ Yes, I think casual chic will suit Patrick.
And I don't appreciate spandex on men as well unless they are figure skaters or ballet dancers.
How about dressing these men in spandex? http://www.sodahead.com/fun/men-wit...ows/000002757/muscles-27774691040_xlarge.jpeg :laugh:

Welcome noskate. Join us for some light hearted fun during this non-competition period.

Last edited:

emdee

Final Flight
Saw on the other board that its confirmed that jbutt is doing the short. Tu Ly's tweet again says choreo is soaring!

Now we just need to know technical coach and the count down can begin.

I wonder if he will do Liberty or Thornhill.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Pchiddy RT:

TU LY ‏@TU_LY

Deep in research for @PChiddy competitive short program. @J_Butt soaring choreography completely inspiring. #FSU

So Tuly doesn't want our help in his research? :sarcasm:

The threat is working. Let's keep up the pressure till someone leaks the music for both programs. :agree:

Last edited:

noskates

Record Breaker
Puppy fat? Bwahaahaha. Thanks for the welcome. I think I must have been Canadian in another life because most of my favorite skaters - male at least - have been Canadian. (well, there was that period of time where Yagudin was my favorite!) Patrick has always intrigued me but this past year he skated to one of my all-time favorite pieces of music - Concerto de Aranguez. I thought the choreography was stunning and his interpretation of the music worthy of his World title.

I certainly have great respect for Skater Boy's research and sit here with baited breath (what the heck does that mean anyway? Fish breath?) for the next discovery.

In the meantime, I pick Patrick to kick Dai's butt in all international competitions this year.......skate-wise, costume-wise, hair-wise, music-wise and choreography-wise!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
noskates, spikydurian is an Aussie so she talks funny. :p Puppies and babies are the same to them there, at least their cute fat is. :biggrin: And wherever you are from, you have great taste. :thumbsup:

You sure have a lot of faith in our contribution to Patrick's packaging, including him rocking his hair against Daisuke with his suitcase full of hair products! I will concede on Patrick's behalf in one area though, beard growing. He was thoroughly trounced in a contest by his American rinkmates. He grew a little upper lip fuzz but his mother made him shave it before appearing in a pre Worlds 2011 TV fluff. I see he has since defied her to keep that shadowy fuzz these days.

Will we run out of body parts before the musical mysteries of 2012 are solved? :sarcasm:

BTW, it's not baited breath but bated breath, which makes sense, right? No fishy breath to keep skater boy away from here. :disapp:

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Welcome no skate. I am now thinking more outside of the box about Patrick. Think Animae. Think asian roots. Think he likes playing video and computer games - I remember a few years back of a silly story he shared about being caught by his roommate naked while playing on the computer. I think he has time to grow his hair about 3 inches failing all else hair extensions. Give him one of the those updated 1980's Duran duran look (I think that is the group - did they do the song a A flock of Seagulls - so imagine a flock of seagulls going through Patrick's hair - kind of like some of Daisuke's styles but much more natural not so "stiff" if you know what I mean. He could play a sailor moon type character I suppose or look. He could play a cool double007 James Bond and get Jbutt and Kbrown to help him out. Only thing with Patty's "look" I suggest the bow tie not be too big and floppy something with a bit of body and long enough to balance his head and chin. Maybe we could slick back the hair and add some nice cuff links with enough razzle dazzle that Johnny Weir will be lusting after Patty's links. At the end of his performance after the final scratch spin he can take the boutinerre on his lapel - red rose of course and give it to a judge :)

noskates

Record Breaker
Well no wonder - bated breath! That makes more sense. :laugh: (so much for my 7 years of college....) I'm from California Skatefiguring.

I'm not into the Animae stuff but I'm thinking more along the lines of 007 James Bond would be most excellent- something sleek and well-fitting and I love the thought of the rose in the boutonierre of his lapel. The music would be something classy and cool and his hair should be a little longer. By the way Flock of Seagulls was the name of a band and they had very weird hair.

p.s. can you tell I'm not a Dai fan?