Patrick Chan | Page 53 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

spikydurian

Medalist
Thanks SF and Aprilsnowy regarding Patrick's ex at Dreams on Ice. Til Kingdom Come's lyrics is beautiful and its interpretation subjective. Here's a link to a you-tube I found with lyrics. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo49REpQCwA
I am curious how this song is skated and choreographed. Anyone found any you tube downloads yet on this Ex?

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Than you Aprilsnowy! It's good to know Patrick is well received and converting fans in Japan after reading some very biased reports. Japanese are great skating fans and they obviously love him to have invited him to so many shows and the invitational competition of JO, seeing that he can probably never compete in NHK because Japan always has at least one Worlds medalist like Patrick is. It shows Japanese skating fans to be open minded. They love the sport and are appreciative of great skaters of all nationalities. :thumbsup:

spikydurian, we probably have to wait till after the telecast on July 1 to see any video upload as filming was prohibited during the shows.

noskates

Record Breaker
I love this song - really one of my favorite Coldplay songs - but it seems awfully slow and draggy to skate to. I'm curious how it will be choreographed as well. Interesting choice for Patrick.

Aprilsnowy

Rinkside
Than you Aprilsnowy! It's good to know Patrick is well received and converting fans in Japan after reading some very biased reports. Japanese are great skating fans and they obviously love him to have invited him to so many shows and the invitational competition of JO, seeing that he can probably never compete in NHK because Japan always has at least one Worlds medalist like Patrick is. It shows Japanese skating fans to be open minded. They love the sport and are appreciative of great skaters of all nationalities. :thumbsup:

My pleasure;)
But IMO you've gone over the top about Japanese skating fans, as it's sad to say some are so irrational and ill-mannered.
I think you know especially whose fans I'm referring to.
(Unfortunately the number of his fans is definitely the biggest one in Japan:disapp:)

But yes, there are many other skating fans, applauding and cheering for a great skater regardless of his nationality.
We have been getting disgusted with those biased and rude fans.

Meanwhile, Patrick's outstanding talent and his artless charm seems to have been attracting more fans in Japan.
The more he visits and performs here in Japan, the more fans he'll get for sure!
Though I'm not used to writing in English, I'll try to post my love for him on behalf of many other Patrick Ubers in Japan.

Last edited:

noskates

Record Breaker
That smile can light up a room! Thanks for posting Aprilsnowy. And I think you do pretty darn good writing in English.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Patrick in Japanese summer kimono:laugh:
http://t.co/75SROt8Y

How cute. What do you think, skater boy?

He looks like he's on his way to do laundry. :laugh:

Thank you Aprilsnowy.

There are always people who think they need to show their love by over worrying, over protecting, or by hating their loved ones' rivals and perceived enemies. In figure skating, often they are fans of charismatic skaters to whom they are extremely attracted by factors other than skating. Their self inflicted angst amuses me and the mean part of me enjoys Patrick continuing to frustrate them. :eek:: I wish everybody would just enjoy their fandom. Anyway, I don't think the over invested fans represent a nation of extremely supportive skating fans.

eta
Some of them were complaining of the rink, as it was obviously too small for him to skate freely

:laugh: See, he has "good fans" who know what to blame.

Last edited:

spikydurian

Medalist
Patrick in Japanese summer kimono:http://t.co/75SROt8Y
Why did he choose a batman kimono? :laugh: Ah... I think the sash/belt (whatever it is called in Japanese) wasn't tight enough. Seems to be falling down from his waist!

Skatefiguring said:
See, he has "good fans" who know what to blame.
:thumbsup: Sounds like the rink is small, and Patrick would have to take only one mini crossover to get to the other side?

we probably have to wait till after the telecast on July 1 to see any video upload as filming was prohibited during the shows
:July 1 ... seems a long way :scowl:

Noskates said:
I love this song - really one of my favorite Coldplay songs - but it seems awfully slow and draggy to skate to. I'm curious how it will be choreographed as well. Interesting choice for Patrick.
Same here. Patrick seems to like skating to Coldplay songs (the last tone being Viva la Vida in 2009 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB9KnMU8ebQ )

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
:thumbsup: Sounds like the rink is small, and Patrick would have to take only one mini crossover to get to the other side?

He was said to have done 2 2A in the ex, and I think I know why. ;) Firstly, evidently that was the only jump he couldn't do, so he is practicing it in his show program before competing again. Hopefully he will get it by next Worlds. :) Secondly, as the rink was too small, he could only do jumps that didn't need any set up. No more board banging a la GPF 2011! :laugh:

emdee

Final Flight
He was said to have done 2 2A in the ex, and I think I know why. ;) Firstly, evidently that was the only jump he couldn't do, so he is practicing it in his show program before competing again. Hopefully he will get it by next Worlds. :) Secondly, as the rink was too small, he could only do jumps that didn't need any set up. No more board banging a la GPF 2011! :laugh:

We were at the GPF when he hit the boards and almost did a Midori. There was a collective sigh in the audience. Some people we were with in our hotel met his parents and apparently they were not surprised at Patrick's antics!

I dont know whether I have ever said this here but last year we were able to go to the Margaret Garrison Awards and get on ice centre ice tickets. I was spell bound by Patrick's feet and speed. At close quarters and the soft whisper of his blades his skating was stunning. We could have gone to the banquet and met him as well but I was really exhausted that night and home beckoned. I kept calling this year hoping he would be at the event as well but didnt go since he wasnt there.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I don't think Patrick's parents are ever surprised by anything! They are always so :cool: and a rock for Patrick. :thumbsup:

Not surprised with emdee's close up experience with Patrick's skating. We hear it over and over from people who know skating, and those who don't, and even from a distance. I remember a Chinese fan of Kozuka and Takahashi who went to Beijing GPF described that, as soon as the final flight came on the ice, one just could not miss Patrick as he stood out with his every move. Some judges say they could watch him just skating around the rink all day.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Patrick tries an ethnic tribute to japan and lands on two feet. That would be the headline I think to Pchiddy's fashion attempt at the summer kimono. And yes it would be a two foot landing because I don't know how he really could skate in that outfit unless there were some slits in the side and they were risque high (thigh). The color is "meh" seen that done that. In fact it looks like a replica of out of work actress Susan Lucci's black and white dress she wore to some Broadway show (too bad people I am techno challenge and can't download but it was circa 2011 and Patrick is so 2012 so this was a bit of a disappointment.l But seriously the color didn't do much and the obi or belt well it did accentuate his petite waist line at least and I loved he fact the didn't show too much chest (hairy or not). He seems to have added some lenght to his hair; I do think he needs to conditon and moisturize his locks; sometimes it looks a little dry - folks be thankful he doesn't have long hair - it would be split endz city I bet. You have to baby your hair and PChiddy seems rather low maintenace compared to those High Maintenance Boys like Johnny Weir. Remember I said the kimono look cold work for Patrick but the right fabrick and color is key too. But folks no need to call the fashion police - yet:)

Aprilsnowy

Rinkside
Patrick is now a dishy side dish - of course for us he is the main attraction.

http://arts.nationalpost.com/2012/06/16/the-worthy-30-side-dishes/

Sure he is!

I found this photo of Patrick in new outfit.
http://preview.aflo.com/0/6/aflo_sswa042417.jpg
Such incredibly deep edges:clap:

BTW they threw a party for the skaters and their fans after ''Dreams on Ice'' show on Sunday.
I heard Patrick made a short speech in Japanese to express his gratitude for his fans and he was one of the most popular skaters there, surrounded by lots of people who want to have a picture taken with him:laugh:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Sure he is!

I found this photo of Patrick in new outfit.
http://preview.aflo.com/0/6/aflo_sswa042417.jpg
Such incredibly deep edges:clap:

BTW they threw a party for the skaters and their fans after ''Dreams on Ice'' show on Sunday.
I heard Patrick made a short speech in Japanese to express his gratitude for his fans and he was one of the most popular skaters there, surrounded by lots of people who want to have a picture taken with him:laugh:

I think we need the fashion police. What was Pchiddy thinking. Did he think he was cleaning out a barn? And those jeans with that plaid shirt - HELLO people do you not see the fashion faux pax???? Come on - really a black based grey pair of jeans with a blue based plaid shirt - not appropriate, not good, not a fashion winner! Looks like he needs some help from JLO to work on his "booty" so he can fill those jeans too. Very disappointed in Pchiddy. Fashion icons across the world undoubtedly have lowered the flags and put on their darkest Gucci, Pucci or maybe even Susan Lucci sunglasses! I know we all have hard it before - wear blue based grey with blue and black based grey with black! Do not cross the line of refined and good taste to the evil side. You might as well wear spandex with chartreuse sequins in the fall. Not a good thing or look!!!!!!!!!

noskates

Record Breaker
Oh SkaterBoy - you made me lol again! I thought he looked cute and hunky in those jeans, etc. And I didn't have my Gucci, Pucci OR Lucci sunglasses on. Can't you appreciate the way he "wears" those jeans? :yes:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Patrick has been churning out show programs like a factory. No time for a fussy designer like Tuly who needs deep research for a costume. Pretty easy to stop by a Cowboy Outfitter on the high way to the airport, eh?

Our JBC reported that he was a chick magnet :cool: at the banquet, whatever he was wearing. So, eat your hearts out, fashion icons. :p