Patrick Chan | Page 531 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
According to Lynn Rutherford, Patrick withdrew from Nebelhorn to have more time to break in new boots.
https://twitter.com/LynnRutherford/status/912779463259230214

sounds weird to me... apparently it's something that cannot be revealed and now it's just boots?
meh.. i don't buy that ;)

patrick is in vancouver... teaching kids... to me it sounds like he is setting up his future with his academy etc... but i say this as pure speculation... and let's move on... as VB says.... truth will reveal itself if we drink enough tea.

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Interesting. His skates from last season must have been all worn out... :p Who knows, maybe he's breaking in his new costumes, too! :biggrin:

As I said, this will be a very interesting season because he won't announce anything about himself ahead of time. So I expect us to freak out over little surprises all season!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
What we know is what we most wish for: that Patrick is healthy and happy. :2thumbs:

And he's been freaking out young skaters! :agree:

All is well. Probably including his skates, both pairs. ;)

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
When discussing who may stay after the Olympics, don't forget that the 2018 Grand Prix Final is in Vancouver. It's not as important as worlds, but it is fairly soon and in Canada.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
When discussing who may stay after the Olympics, don't forget that the 2018 Grand Prix Final is in Vancouver. It's not as important as worlds, but it is fairly soon and in Canada.

you are so lucky nanapat... being on the west coast.. were you luckier than I was... meaning i got 0 vancouver 2010 skating tickets.. :(

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
so just for fun... as i know it's never updated... i went to patrick's website ... i had never noticed the "where is patrick function" well.. we don't know if he still updates that or if it's automated LOL ( i doubt it) but last time he was at the physio LOL

https://www.google.com/maps/place/8...068bafab!8m2!3d42.6079624!4d-83.2913877?hl=en

fun stuff... i would never have a feature attached to my website.. (not like people would want to know) i don't even let facebook tell people where i am ;)

of course, I am not saying that Patrick is there right now.. just thought it was a funny feature ;)

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
you are so lucky nanapat... being on the west coast.. were you luckier than I was... meaning i got 0 vancouver 2010 skating tickets.. :(

It's not luck, it's good planning combined with retirement. I'm several hours' drive from Vancouver, so will have to find someplace to stay for nationals.

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Lol, I wish Patrick still used that location feature on his website.

Well, Lynn Rutherford confirmed that Mike Slipchuk was her source for the news that Patrick is still breaking in his skates. Also, Patrick is an RBC Olympian again for 2018! Read all about it and see some more pics I found from the Onyx Challenge:

Patrick Chan Non-Nebelhorn Update, September 27, 2017

And here's a fun one that I missed, from earlier this month: https://www.instagram.com/p/BYzkijsgDOa/. Who knew Patrick liked going to museums? Yay!

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Especially a mystery. Potentially a masterpiece.

You are now watching... The Mystery of Patrick Chan by Masterpiece Theatre! Or is it The Masterpiece of Patrick Chan by Mystery Theatre? :laugh:

But who in Vancouver is helping him with this masterpiece? Now, that's a mystery! :agree:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
You are now watching... The Mystery of Patrick Chan by Masterpiece Theatre! Or is it The Masterpiece of Patrick Chan by Mystery Theatre? :laugh:

But who in Vancouver is helping him with this masterpiece? Now, that's a mystery! :agree:

It's about time Patrick pulls off some mystery off ice, potentially turning it into another masterpiece on ice.