Patrick Chan | Page 54 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Patrick finished the DOI show in Japan on the 17th and he was at the Queen E Diamond Jubilee Gala in Toronto on the 18th! Quite a seasoned traveller now, isn't he? He used to not travel well and lost the oversea GPF.

Wonder what he wore at the event? :think: :biggrin: We need a photo for our in house fashion critic! ;)

Two more from DOI:

http://photo.sankei.jp.msn.com/essay/photo?gid={AAEDD14B-E17F-4DBC-AB6C-6380A867FF21}

http://photo.sankei.jp.msn.com/essay/photo?gid={F0BA3D36-48C3-4900-93AF-E4951523BE64}

Last edited:

spikydurian

Medalist
Aprilsnowy said:
http://preview.aflo.com/0/6/aflo_sswa042417.jpg
Such incredibly deep edges
That looks like a 45 degrees angle. Wow... need speed and balance otherwise will just fall over.

Sorry Durian, the Aussie post is not so hot right now.
Nah.. I give chance to Aprilsnowy.;)

Emdee said:
Patrick is now a dishy side dish - of course for us he is the main attraction.
http://arts.nationalpost.com/2012/06...0-side-dishes/
:eek: When did Patrick become a side dish? :biggrin:

Hey, I just found a Patrick's fan website (you may have visited it before). This fan takes the time to post Patrick's protocols and tech details. :bow: Let's email this self-professed Patrick-fan geek our appreciation. http://chantastic.org/index.html :)

Last edited:

Aprilsnowy

Rinkside
Our Japan Bureau Chief :rock: !

Have I got the promotion?:laugh:

Two more from DOI:

http://photo.sankei.jp.msn.com/essay...-6380A867FF21}

http://photo.sankei.jp.msn.com/essay...-E4951523BE64}

Wow~ I love these two! Patrick looks so cute in these pics:love: Thank you, SF.
As you said, he does have a magnetic charm whatever he chooses to wear, which many Japanese people have gradually come to notice, I think.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
The good ting about Patrick's exhibition look it can take you from the skating rink to the mall to school to the club and still be versatile enough to clean out the barn :) I like the bracelet but I think he could have rocked the look with better fitting and darker jeans and perhaps a leather braided necklace with say some kind of stone. Oh and a nice fitted clean cut bomber in lambskin leather would help too. I like the v neck t instead of a round neck - very de riguer - I suppose he has SOME satorial splendour but Patty's seems to play it pretty safe. He's no Johnny Weir or Brad Pitt in the dress department. I have to say Pchiddy has a very down to earth approach to dressing; he's one of the guys. I love the little video clip someone showed of him hanging with sick kids = he seemed to be in his element although I am not sure how comfortable he is with arts and crafts lol. Is it true he plays the piano? If Patrick ever heads to my neck of the woods I could take him out for a free image consulting session.

Ravensque

On the Ice
Yes, he does play piano, but he's no virturoso....there's a vid somewhere of him playing but I'm too tired to post it right now. I like his "casual" style, and perhaps because that latest program is so new, he hasn't had time to costume it properly yet...Hoo nose!!!

skateluvr

Record Breaker
only 4 olympics? serious underacheiver! lol. wow. how old is Nathan Chen now? Vincent aspires to Plushenko longevity! oh to be young with mega confidence. clearly he has amazing parents as well as talent. good luck little Vincent.

spikydurian

Medalist

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I wonder whether Patrick is at Colorado Spring these days. His website puts him in Colorado but I know it's not always accurate.

For now, the only thing new I can find is this pic on his site

http://www.patrickchan.ca/wp-content/gallery/casa-loma-toronto/rendevouzkorea2012_130.jpg

I think he looks damn good there, even with that pseudo 'stache. But what do I know, right, Skater Boy?

Kathy Johnson was with him there in Casa Loma, Toronto, June 15.

http://www.patrickchan.ca/wp-content/gallery/casa-loma-toronto/rendevouzkorea2012_113.jpg

Anybody has an idea what the event was?

Hmmm, it says rendevouzkorea 2012 as the name of the images. Rendez vous Korea? A good hint?

Here's a blog about Rendezvous Korean Cuisine 2012 at Toronto, June 8, hosted by the Korean Consulate. No mention of Patrick or Yuna. But yummy.

The guests came from all sectors – from politics to sports, from arts & culture to journalism, from chefs to those in the diplomatic corps. Next year will be the 50th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Canada and Korea, and Rendezvous Korean Cuisine was a great way to continue deepening that great relationship.

Well, we know Patrick is a Toronto VIP and a great Canadian representative. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I wonder whether Patrick is at Colorado Spring these days. His website puts him in Colorado but I know it's not always accurate.

Oh, no, that's right! He trains there. I hope he's safe—preferably in Toronto. I don't know which areas they've evacuated, but Colorado Springs can't be very big.

spikydurian

Medalist
Really? So whom is he training with?
Practising his choreos with Buttle and Wilson? I guess, based on Tu Ly's twitter hints, Buttle's doing the SP and Wilson's the LP? I can't wait to find out more so if any of you managed to do some excellent detective work, please share your discovery with us. ;) Do you think that Buttle will turn his Elegy into a SP for Patrick? What music will Wilson and Patrick choose for the LP? I would love to see what choreo can come up of this piece Tan Dun's Farewell in Crouching Tiger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ir2KtSP0kk I particularly like this arrangement because of the erhu and drum percussion. It's like yin and yang.

I think he looks damn good there, even with that pseudo 'stache. But what do I know, right, Skater Boy?
:laugh: Not sure whether Skater Boy will be pleased with Patrick's dressing this time? Skater Boy, I think we have to contend with Patrick's limited wardrobe until he completes his studies and earn his own pay check!

Olympia said:
Oh, no, that's right! He trains there. I hope he's safe—preferably in Toronto. I don't know which areas they've evacuated, but Colorado Springs can't be very big.
Gee, I hope the CS community is doing fine and the fire controllable. Bush fires are so common in Australia especially in summer and partly due to the fact that we love the bush and gum trees! I had an experience of driving along a highway when I came across fire on one side of the road. I really didn't know what to do so I drove past. Boy, it was scary ... very smokey. I swear I will never do it again! :eek: I remembered a huge fire in USA some many years ago .. somewhere in California? And it was partly due to gum trees. Gum trees contain high amount of oil so they burn and spread fire easily. We didn't understand its nature but our indigenous people (the Aborigines) in Australia did. They would burn trees every few years and wait for their rejuvenation otherwise if you allow them to burn themselves, the fire can be uncontrollable. Some many many years ago, the bush carpark (huge car park area with rows of gum trees) in my former workplace caught fire and my car was one of those 100+ cars 'barbequed'! :cry:

Last edited:

emdee

Final Flight
Spiky D that must have been so scary. Fortunately in Toronto we dont have fires but do we have a lot of snow sometimes. One year we had to call in the army to help us remove the snow and the whole country called us wusses!

I too am so anxious to see what Patrick is doing. I pass by the cricket club where Wilson is every evening on the way home from work and I keep asking DH where I should crash the place. He is firmly discouraging.

Today I was home and spent my time watching Chan and V&M videos. I am thinking of going to the Thornhill skating as it is usually very close to where I live.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
One year we had to call in the army to help us remove the snow and the whole country called us wusses!

I remember that! :laugh: And the Torotonian lame joke that the only banks accepting deposits were the snow banks. :rolleye: :laugh:

I spent almost two weeks without electricity and heat in a bungalow during the Great Ice Storm of Quebec. No fireplace either. I wouldn't go to the shelter without my dogs.

eta my snow story: Quite some years ago, after a major overnight snow storm, I cancelled an appointment and walked around to enjoy the snow scene. There were three young women shoveling away to free a car, which was a small snow mountain like all the others. After a while, one of them flagged down a snow truck to help. Then they started to clear the snow off the car and one of them cried out, "This is not my car!"

I too am so anxious to see what Patrick is doing. I pass by the cricket club where Wilson is every evening on the way home from work and I keep asking DH where I should crash the place. He is firmly discouraging.

Ditch him, DH that is, for one day. Be a free woman!

Today I was home and spent my time watching Chan and V&M videos. I am thinking of going to the Thornhill skating as it is usually very close to where I live.

Starting Canada Day early? We had the Quebec's National Day (Fete Nationale) a week before. July 1st is for moving.

Last edited:

emdee

Final Flight
I could nevery ditch DH even for a day! He pays all my bills including visits to GPF/ on ice at CSOI/Worlds next year etc etc. So I will be a good wife and fall in line.

Actually I had the day off in error - I thought that I had some appointments with doctor etc today. Stayed home and then realized it was actually nex t week - what a fool I am.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I could nevery ditch DH even for a day! He pays all my bills including visits to GPF/ on ice at CSOI/Worlds next year etc etc. So I will be a good wife and fall in line.

Smart decision. :thumbsup:

Actually I had the day off in error - I thought that I had some appointments with doctor etc today. Stayed home and then realized it was actually nex t week - what a fool I am.

Ha, this is like my day today, but I wasn't the fool. A friend called me in the morning and reminded me of a luncheon which I didn't have on my agenda though there is one for tomorrow. He assured me of which one it was and asked me to take note for him for the next day's. So I took my usual 30 minute walk to the business club and saw him sitting outside so I asked what he was doing there. Well, he had to buy me lunch! :laugh:

spikydurian

Medalist
I could never ditch DH even for a day! He pays all my bills including visits to GPF/ on ice at CSOI/Worlds next year etc etc. So I will be a good wife and fall in line.
Makes sense! ;)
But Emdee, tell DH that you just want to test your detective skill? Unfortunately, I don't live in Toronto otherwise, we can masquerade as ice sweeper, electrician, AV technician or mobile ice cream seller into the rink to stalk Patrick or even David? Oh Emdee, you are our only hope to stalk Patrick or David. :bow:
BTW, I am sure Tu Ly knows since he has to 'research the costumes for Patrick'. Anyone knows Tu Ly well? Let's bribe him. :laugh:

Skatefiguring said:
eta my snow story: Quite some years ago, after a major overnight snow storm, I cancelled an appointment and walked around to enjoy the snow scene. There were three young women shoveling away to free a car, which was a small snow mountain like all the others. After a while, one of them flagged down a snow truck to help. Then they started to clear the snow off the car and one of them cried out, "This is not my car!"
:rofl: Alright, I better not laugh. It's not funny for the poor car owner.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
:rofl: Alright, I better not laugh. It's not funny for the poor car owner.

Or her friends. One of them actually went to the closest major street to flag down the snow truck. Not sure how much they paid. However, there were two happy events here: Firstly, I'm sure the owner of the car they cleared the snow for must be mighty happy. :biggrin: Secondly, it should make a great story to tell the grand kids one day, like I'm telling it here.

Speaking of great winter story for the future grand kids, there was once a man knocking at my front door in his underwear early in the morning of one of the coldest New Year's Days! It was a semi commercial street and I lived in a century old Victorian townhouse with a deep garden but there was a small office building across the street. This guy had worked till late at night and slept in his office. Going to the restroom in the morning he locked himself out of his office. For some reason, I think looking for his partner he had called, he opened the front door to look outside and locked himself out of the building!