Patrick Chan | Page 63 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

Will Patrick be okay without Lori, I'm sure that he will be. But it's not like that he announced that he and his team will go on without any tech coaches so I expect he'll have someone sort of such caliber/ability in his team sooner or later.

Fenena

Spectator
Patrick will be okay without Lori. But I want to see the hug between Patrick and Lori at the Olympic because of their long journey.

lakeside

On the Ice
Thank you, emdee, spikydurian, SkateFiguring, Bluebonnet. Thank you all for your warm welcome.

May I say the word "talented" is more suitable in this case? Patrick is very natural and gifted when it comes to skating. He is good at both jumping and spining, while possessing the best skating skills. It rare to find such an all-round skater.
Patrick is both talented and hard-working. I think this is his winning secret. If you have the talent but do not work as hard as he does, then you would not succed, either. Patrick has both natural talent and hard works, so he succeds. :laugh:

Aprilsnowy

Rinkside
Patience dear ones. Give it another ten days to two weeks. ;)

Ten days have already passed. Do we need to wait patiently for a few more days?
I'm looking forward to watching his brand new free program and hopefully 4Lz at Japan Open:love:

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

Ten days have already passed. Do we need to wait patiently for a few more days?

Kingdom doesn't come on a weekend. (Geez, y'all are merciless. :sarcasm:)

I'm looking forward to watching his brand new free program and hopefully 4Lz at Japan Open:love:

Me too. Can't wait to see the new LP. But I think we will need to wait for the 4Lz at a GP event.

Aprilsnowy

Rinkside
Kingdom doesn't come on a weekend. (Geez, y'all are merciless. :sarcasm:)

It sure doesn't. I meant, do we still have to wait for Patrick's announcement of his new coach and programs?

Me too. Can't wait to see the new LP. But I think we will need to wait for the 4Lz at a GP event.

I can wait for the jump much longer, as it's just a option for him IMO. But when he does add the 4Lz in his program, his competitors are sure to sigh in despair:biggrin: Of course everybody has been trying to add another kind of quad lately because of Patrick!

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
It sure doesn't. I meant, do we still have to wait for Patrick's announcement of his new coach and programs?

My hunch requires patience but not much more. It takes time for the new coach to decide and to work out complications involving other parties. Anybody in the know must have been sworn to secrecy until it's a done deal and officially announced.

Guru SF says Patrick fans will rejoice, which means controversy will be made out of it. Not a new beast that his weathered fans can't handle. ;)

I can wait for the jump much longer, as it's just a option for him IMO. But when he does add the 4Lz in his program, his competitors are sure to sigh in despair:biggrin: Of course everybody has been trying to add another kind of quad lately because of Patrick!

Patrick exasperates his rivals :biggrin: but he pushes everybody and is good for the sport. We are seeing a different new generation already. Watch out for young Men from China!

lakeside

On the Ice
4lz? Are you kidding or Patrick is working on 4lz for real? :confused: I’ve heard he wants to work on 4s, and now he’s going for 4lz? He’s already hard to beat now, with the 4lz he’ll become unbeatable. :biggrin:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
4lz? Are you kidding or Patrick is working on 4lz for real? :confused: I’ve heard he wants to work on 4s, and now he’s going for 4lz? He’s already hard to beat now, with the 4lz he’ll become unbeatable. :biggrin:

Hey I can be as good at starting rumour as anybody. If the haterz can insist on rewriting history and twisting records I certainly am entitled to tell future history and records. :biggrin:

spikydurian

Medalist
Skatefiguring said:
Geez, y'all are merciless
That’s how anxious, impatient and excitable fans behave, Guru SF! Didn’t we warn you that we will haunt you ‘til kingdom come’ .;)
Guru SF says Patrick fans will rejoice, which means controversy will be made out of it. Not a new beast that his weathered fans can't handle.
Anything which Patrick does will attract controversy because that’s how some people will try make it out that way. In life, you can never please all. It really doesn't matter to me as everyone is entitled to their own opinion and so long it isn't personal and bias attacks.

Skaterboy said:
Seriously folks, will Patrick be okay without Lori Nichol?
Skaterboy, you are a winching and worrywart! Repeat after me... ohmmmmm.... ohmmm....ohmmm.... :biggrin:

Fenena said:
Patrick will be okay without Lori. But I want to see the hug between Patrick and Lori at the Olympic because of their long journey.
Me too, Fenena. Life is too short to dwell on past differences (if any). A strong relationship/friendship should be like a sturdy oak tree which can withstand the winds of change.
BTW, welcome Fenena to Patrick thread.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
spikydurian, you were too anxious, impatient and excitable to edit properly before posting. :laugh: (I know you've now edited but remember, Guru SF sees all. :yes:)

Instead of haunting me, ohmmm daily 'til Kingdom come.

Welcome, Fenena! Hope you get as crazy as some of us soon! You sure are a quiet sort.

Life is too short to dwell on past differences (if any). A strong relationship/friendship should be like a sturdy oak tree which can withstand the winds of change.

Better to be a bamboo, being flexible to sway with the wind and bounce back upright. It never gets blown down or uprooted. Bamboos are like spines, a great symbol for integrity.

Last edited:

Fenena

Spectator
Thank you so much for the words of warm welcome.

Yes, I love Patrick. He has been the apple of my eye!

I was literally afraid of coming to this whole forum because of the whole bitching and complaining of haters. Now I'm so happy to find this thread. Thank you all:love:

emdee

Final Flight
OK back home after wonderful weather and a successful party ... so back to the boards.

Arent we past the mark SF?

No news yet?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
OK back home after wonderful weather and a successful party ... so back to the boards.

Arent we past the mark SF?

No news yet?

So the first thing you do is press me? :sarcasm: Say hello to Fenena! And lakeside. Not sure about l'etoile - she looks like an old friend - say hello to her too. We've got new company.

Now show and tell us about your party.

emdee

Final Flight
First things first thats why I asked about PC

Hello to Fenena and lakeside. L'etoile is an old friend as you say.

Party went great weather fabulous - Caiparinha's went down well. Churrascaria was much appreciated. However had to chase the Canada geese a few times and raccoons have marked their territory on my deck! Thats my news in a nutshell now back to PC..... Had someone at my party who used to work with PC's father.

I get a crick in my neck from checking out the cricket club each evening just in case...

Thinking of going to Thornhill next month will see a few people but no PC.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Gee, emdee, you're practically an insider! You don't need to stalk. Infiltrate.

Tell them you're a Cricked Club member and a Chan family friend and walk right in.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker

After Nationals 2011, he mentioned that he was gonna try the quad flip in practice. But the quad salchow came more easily (apparently he landed them more regularly). After he left Krall, he did an interview which said that he was hoping to add either the quad lutz or flip to his free program, but he was making no promises.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
SF, if I do so at Cricket they will turf me out. I may have to try that at Granite.

But your cricked neck is even less of a credential at Granite! Do you have a relative in counter tops business? ;)

IP, he landed the 4S almost by accident, a situational event. He simply got it when he tried it before he started trying 4F seriously. My left brain says 4F but my right brain says 4Lz and I am going by my right brain these days.

(Left brain = Vain Person :think:. Right brain = Guru SF :). Namaste.)

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Calm down, Skater Boy.

Lori will be back with him for the Olympics.

Ain't nobody gonna take away Patrick's deep edges and wonderful connections and such.

Patrick always finds himself the best fit for the coach along his progress.

He will have the highest value quad next to 4A. He has great spins, centred and fast. Not doing Donut spins will not cost him any competition.

He is always upping his ante.

Now to help put your mind at a fun place, you can see Patrick wearing the suit with the lavender shirt and purple stripe tie in this picture posted by someone obsessed with Scott/Jessica relationship. Great write up ;) about Patrick:

http://dubemoir.blogspot.ca/2012/07/the-flip-side.html

Patrick is the BFF on demand! Always obliging. :laugh:

eta: Skater Boy, you need to write your fashion critique of that picture.

What the...I have to say folks the photos of Patrick Chan in a suit which sometimes appear to be lavendar is really hard to comment on. In fact, the lighting makes the best picture suggest he is wearing maybe pink and a magenta tie. However, what is clear in what looks like a photo taken after taking one too many shots or brewskies is that Patty is the best dressed man. The lavendar shirt and purple tie would probably be a fashion home run - colorful, says I am man; I am confident and I can wear the cool lavendar color because I am a sophisticated cosmo dude. However, Patrick needs to go one step further like his skating. Why not a peaked lapel. The suit is not poorly cut but his hair needs some coiffing. He clearly bested the much more flamboyant Scott Moir. Did Scott sleep in that poorly fitting suit. My nose sense there is some polyester in that suit of mr. Moir. Not a good thing. Scott should take some dressing lessons from Patty. He may have OGM but he doesn't even make top ten for dressing. I would like to see Patty step it up; add a pocket square, get some nice pointy shoes even Steve Maddens. Think modern day ratpack. Mind you if he keeps standing by Scott Moir he will always look like a fshion winner. Patrick you have 1.5 years to get it right:)