Page 7 of 189 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: Patrick Chan

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    Everyone who is anyone in skating knows kurt will never be surpassed by Chan or any current wannabe.
    How do you get to speak for everyone who is anyone in skating?

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boeing787 View Post
    His new Ex number is a keeper!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fyG_W0Sq6Y
    Thats a great exhibition! And I like the simple outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    *death glare*
    I knew it!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    Simply delusional, MM. Everyone who is anyone in skating knows kurt will never be surpassed by Chan or any current wannabe.
    Eh...no, not everyone. I have no doubt Chan will (if not already has) surpass Browning.

Custom Title
    Boeging 787 thanks so much for posting Chan's EX video! Very interesting!!!! (I saw shades of the Chan-Takahashi battles to come watching this, with a huge smile on my face )

That last jumping pass with - was it 2 wallys in a row - was really cool. Looked like he had fun too!

Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    Eh...no, not everyone. I have no doubt Chan will (if not already has) surpass Browning.

I don't see the same performance quality yet. He may at some point, but definitely has not become a consummate performer like Browning up to this point. To me, he does what he's told choreographically, he doesn't sell it. There's no emotion to it.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Well, Browning as an amateur wasn't a patch on Browning as a pro--Patrick may well develop the same way. It will be fun to see whether he does or not.

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Well, Browning as an amateur wasn't a patch on Browning as a pro--Patrick may well develop the same way. It will be fun to see whether he does or not.
    True, but I blame the mullet.

Custom Title
    Kurt Browning's historic skate at age 21

I'm quite sure Patrick doesn't mind sharing his thread with his idol and buddy Kurt, The Great Browning. I can't find anything from when he was any younger.

Will we ever see a mullet on Patrick? I know Kurt wishes to have it back.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 12-29-2011 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Kurt Browning's historic skate at age 21

I'm quite sure Patrick doesn't mind sharing his thread with his idol and buddy Kurt, The Great Browning. I can't find anything from when he was any younger.

Will we ever see a mullet on Patrick? I know Kurt wishes to have it back.
    I think Kurt wouldn't mind having hair, but not sure about the mullet just say no!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Browning's LP at the 1988 Olympics
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRFXC36vjX0

Custom Title
    I look forward to Chan's becoming awesome, but you don't surpass someone like Browning. Not because Chan isn't as good--the jury's out on that for a few years anyway. It's because at that level, there's no way to measure anymore. Think of it this way: did the Beatles surpass Sinatra? Did Kelly surpass Astaire? Did Audrey Hepburn surpass Katharine Hepburn? Did Streisand surpass Judy Garland? For that matter, did Browning surpass Curry? (Fill in the artists of your choice.) What each of those luminaries did is for all time. Surpassing isn't relevant.

But if any of you folk come to feel about Patrick the way I (and Tonichelle) feel about Kurt, tremendous! It's great to have skaters in the pantheon who inspire that now-and-forever awe in fans.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    I think Kurt wouldn't mind having hair, but not sure about the mullet just say no!
    I bet Kurt would trade his hat collection for his mullet. Sonia will be happy too to reclaim all the space in the house.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I look forward to Chan's becoming awesome, but you don't surpass someone like Browning. Not because Chan isn't as good--the jury's out on that for a few years anyway. It's because at that level, there's no way to measure anymore. Think of it this way: did the Beatles surpass Sinatra? Did Kelly surpass Astaire? Did Audrey Hepburn surpass Katharine Hepburn? Did Streisand surpass Judy Garland? For that matter, did Browning surpass Curry? (Fill in the artists of your choice.) What each of those luminaries did is for all time. Surpassing isn't relevant.

But if any of you folk come to feel about Patrick the way I (and Tonichelle) feel about Kurt, tremendous! It's great to have skaters in the pantheon who inspire that now-and-forever awe in fans.
    Chan is still young and he doesn't have the chance to "perform" like Browning has had. And to say nobody can surpass whoever is just as silly.

My respond was just that, for the poster and he/she seems to think to know "everyone" and speak for them. And to say "never surpass" and "other wannabe", these bold words are just as delusional.

Oh, and by the way, I'd rather see Browning with no hair (like he is now) then with the mullet. Mullet should be illegal and ban worldwide.

Oh, and by the way, I'd rather see Browning with no hair (like he is now) then with the mullet. Mullet should be illegal and ban worldwide.
    finally something I can agree with.

Once someone hits "skategod" status it's impossible to surpass, but probable to become an equal... Chan is still a puppy IMO (which is not a slant on Chan, btw)

Page 7 of 189 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast