Patrick Chan | Page 70 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

spikydurian

Medalist
Skatefiguring said:
I would love to see a jazzy dancy Chan's SP with all the sassy moves.
Patrick’s SP Take Five is one of the best jazzy piece in figure skating. The footwork was brilliant. Anyone can think of a jazz piece which has not been skated to and would be a perfect fit for Patrick? Some suggestions …My feet can’t fail me now[this title is pretty apt], Shake it, Sweet Tater Pie, Come to me.

Robotic my foot.
:rofl:
Robotic foot kicks haterz ar#@.

Bluebonnet said:
But I wasn't keen about his costumes in both his solos.
I like his white tee and jeans in Mannish Boy. It suits him and the song. And I think he looks cool and gorgeous in this simple outfit.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I find Lambiel's moves artistic but there is a studied artistry though he has an innate sense of music.

Lambiel's artistry is superb in interpretation of music and expressing feelings, transposing emotions into motion. He is a perfectionist in choreography, working fastidiously in developing each and every move in his programs. In the little clip of AOM video, it's just musicality that we can compare and Patrick's clearly superior skating skills really eases his movements so it's the sassy dance moves that grab the attention as the focus without visible, maybe distracting, propelling stroking. His pacing is smooth and perfectly in sync with the music, without any catch-up moves the others do at various times. Lambiel and Chan are clearly the artists among the four, as fabulous as they each are in their own ways.

Last edited:

emdee

Final Flight
Its the studied aspect of Lambiel that I am comparing to the more spontaneous dancing of Patrick in the show.

I know it competition, Patrick's movement is also studied but hopefully he will continue to improve this aspect.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I'm sure we will hear from Patrick at the High Performance Camp but don't get the hope up too high for new programs reveal as he described but did not disclose his LP (Aranjuez) at last year's camp. Moi, I am willing to accept my birthday gift early. ;) Does anybody remember exactly when he revealed Aranjuez?

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
He debut the program at JO but the music was revealed before that. He actually talked about the music very early without disclosing it.

Is this year Patrick's quietness on his new programs a normal for Patrick or different from his usual time?

I expect him talking about his coaching situation as well when he does talk to media about his skating.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
He simply has not been talking to the media much this summer, including the foreign press like the Chinese TV interview he did last summer. But he will be interviewed by various journalists at the HP Camp for sure, as usual. As for program reveal, keeping POTO was announced early since it was not new. Last year he talked about his feelings about the new LP and the music whenever he was asked but wanted to keep the music a secret, and he did for quite a while. This year he is even better at being secretive, completely zipped, except for the little tidbit from Tuly, which he RT on his own Twitter. BTW, Patrick is definitely not a Twitterholic like some skaters.

spikydurian

Medalist
^^^ Yeah, I think so too.:laugh:
Or I think the Dec 2011 Reuters incident has shown it is best to keep mum about everything. Don't voice your thoughts. Just tell them what they want to hear. :p
Do you think he will reveal his programs during the HP? He may not so SF will still get thy birthday present close to birthday instead of earlier.

spikydurian

Medalist
^^ Thanks Ravensque. Patrick's happy face and signature smile! I think he looks great in this blue. He's teasing us aren't he? Still not telling.....:laugh:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

The statement is relatively reserved but I will go by his happy smile.

BTW, there is this interview done on a Canadian Chinese TV that I've not been able to watch for a while. I will link it here to see if any of you can view it and maybe upload it for us.

http://www.fairchildtv.com/otherarchive_more.php?program_id=1

Patrick's is the 14th on the replay list. I think I saw a promo for it online.

Last edited:

Fenena

Spectator
Patrick performed the Aranjuez LP for the first time at Golden West (All Year FSC event) on 3rd September last year.
And I remember it was that day we know the music.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Patrick performed the Aranjuez LP for the first time at Golden West (All Year FSC event) on 3rd September last year.
And I remember it was that day we know the music.

Ah, right. It was this summer comp where Mroz got to beat the World Champ I believe. :laugh: Patrick tried out the program for the judges without doing the quads and 3A. No SP either and no video of this performance at this "competition" that I am aware of.

Hey, maybe there will be a pre JO competition this year too that he will enter to get judges' feedback. He used to debute his new or rechoreographed program (and his quad toe) at Liberty Skate every summer, but not the current and the last seasons due to his schedule. I guess that's why we are getting to know about his new programs so late these last couple of seasons. Well, I suppose we have to adjust to his demanding schedule as the World Champion. Maybe even to his new found reservedness. Maybe.

Last edited:

Ravensque

On the Ice
Why does he have silly falls? I always assumed it was just a lapse in attention.....not thinking in the moment.