Patrick Chan | Page 81 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Thanks for the brilliant laugh lol... i can't believe this writer profess to have watched figure skating for over 20 years in her bio. Come on Patrick... Good knight, skate tight and don't let the bad bugs bite. :biggrin:

So the podium at worlds will look like this:
1) Takashi Honda
2) Johnny Weir
3) evan Lysacek

SGrand

Final Flight

Great links!

I have to say, I was never really a fan of "Till Kingdom Come".......until I watched this practice video from CoR! I think it's because I absolutely cannot stand what he's wearing for it for his gala performances; it's so ill fitting and does him no justice at all. Seeing it in his practice sweats (or whatever they're called) made me think twice and I love it now lol. So strange :slink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w457-Z38D-4

Also, when he ends is so funny with Scott coming into frame.

spikydurian

Medalist
Seriously! LOL
Also good for a laugh though: I think they're talking about the GPF and WC and calling Dai "Takeshi Honda" LOL
So much for journalism ha!
LOL.. if this is journalism, I will stay clear from reading the newspaper ever again. It is full of personal opinions and very few facts (she even got some of her facts wrong). It's more like propaganda than professional journalism. I hardly read newspapers these days particularly tabloids. Her writing cannot withstand scrutiny because her statements are not based on facts and logical arguments.

I absolutely cannot stand what he's wearing for it for his gala performances;
:laugh: I don't mind this costume. I think it suits the music and Patrick's personality.. casual, relaxed and easy. ;)

emdee

Final Flight
There are little things that I love about La Boheme.
The more I see it the more I love it. It has begun to cast a spell on me. Its also a program with universal appeal which is a great plus for Chan. Who knows even LT may come to love it- NOT.
I wish he will change the Elegy for the Olys. Unless he fixes a lot about it. I love the EX but somehow are not so involved in the SP.

SGrand

Final Flight
LOL.. if this is journalism, I will stay clear from reading the newspaper ever again. It is full of personal opinions and very few facts (she even got some of her facts wrong). It's more like propaganda than professional journalism. I hardly read newspapers these days particularly tabloids. Her writing cannot withstand scrutiny because her statements are not based on facts and logical arguments.

:laugh: I don't mind this costume. I think it suits the music and Patrick's personality.. casual, relaxed and easy. ;)

;) It's more just the fit of his outfit, that's all. I'm good with relaxed and casual, but those pants are too short (and a little wide) so they break the line of his legs. And the shirt's a tad small too, lol. I'm just being nit-picky :laugh:

Boeing787

On the Ice
I don't like his ex costums either because they are not costumes really. The outfit is baggy for a reason - because it is made of non-flexible fabric so it cannot be tight.

Still prefer Aranjuez to Le Boheme but have to admit Le Boheme really showcases his long edges and flow.

spikydurian

Medalist
COR men's FS pictures. Men's FS: http://visualrian.ru/en/site/feature/228443/
Some of the pictures are hiliarious :rofl: ... esp. those men with longer hairs.

Looks like I am the only one who likes his casual TKC clothes. :laugh: Too late, B787. We have to live with his back-lace costume. But I think by March 2013, we would be used to the lace. :)

Last edited:

lakeside

On the Ice
My goodness, Takeshi Honda! This is insane.
So Patrick will face tough competition from Viktor Petrenko and Alexei Urmanov at Sochi GPF, huh? :laugh:

Boeing787

On the Ice
I watched the DVD of Le Boheme over the weekend because of Patrick's LP. Have to say the music cut is very smart. I really start to fall in love with this program and the SP as well.

STARushka

Rinkside
I agree - the music cut in a right way. Just saw this opera in the theater ( before COR) - I liked mostly the pieces used :)

spikydurian

Medalist
Have to say the music cut is very smart..
Yes Boeing787 and STARushka, I agree the music cut was brilliantly done. It was seamless. :bow: to the one who did the music cut.

Kurt and PJ talked about the difficulty of the step sequence at 1:31 – 1:36 where he skated away from the judges whilst he turned to look at them. As a non-skater, it certainly didn’t look difficult to me.:laugh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWr9-OdyX-4&playnext=1&list=PL58BA7E53E493B2A7&feature=results_video

I love 4:17-40 where he glided backwards, and with his outstretched arms and hands did a straight line step sequence forward. It is so fitting in depicting the sorrow and despair of Rodolfo.

STARushka, there were many lovely ladies holding the Canadian flag and posters. Where were you sitting? ;)

Last edited:

lakeside

On the Ice
I also like the music cut of La Boheme, and I like the last step sequence and Patrick depicted Rodolfo’s sorrow very well. However, the choreography could be improved, like Wilson could take out the La Vita è Bella arm movements in the first half of the program. They have nothing to do with La Boheme. I feel like Wilson is kinda running out of ideas this year.

That said, La Boheme is still my favorite men’s program of the season. Patrick’s skating skills and improved classical elegance make this a touching program. I wish Patrick will skate both SP and LP well and win the GPF in Sochi. :yes:

emdee

Final Flight
The more I see La Boheme I feel that the difficulty is not obvious its in the small touches and turns and changes of edge which the judges love.

I will compare to Tessa & Scott. They make the difficult look easy and we have the same from Patrick. So we dont always see it.
His expression and flow and movement has improved so much in the last year its unreal.

Counting the days to the GPF and of course the Dec 14th show. Patrick skates in very few shows in Canada so thats why I am so excited.

Ravensque

On the Ice
Funny, I remember that part where he skated away while facing the judges, and it stuck in my mind as looking easy enough, but was probably quite difficult. It certainly was effective IMO anyway. What a master of the blade!!!!

Boeing787

On the Ice
However, the choreography could be improved, like Wilson could take out the La Vita è Bella arm movements in the first half of the program. They have nothing to do with La Boheme. I feel like Wilson is kinda running out of ideas this year.

Great minds think alike!

Boeing787

On the Ice
The more I see La Boheme I feel that the difficulty is not obvious its in the small touches and turns and changes of edge which the judges love.

I will compare to Tessa & Scott. They make the difficult look easy and we have the same from Patrick. So we dont always see it.
His expression and flow and movement has improved so much in the last year its unreal.

Counting the days to the GPF and of course the Dec 14th show. Patrick skates in very few shows in Canada so thats why I am so excited.

Patrick's long edges are comparable to ice dancers.