U.S. championships competitors announced | Golden Skate

U.S. championships competitors announced

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
Interesting though that Jennifer Don is still competing in singles and pairs. I'd heard speculation that she might drop singles in favor of pairs after Don and Hunt's debut last year.

mpal2

Final Flight
Based on the gossip I've heard (and I stress gossip ), Jennifer will probably continue with singles until she doesn't make it to Nationals as a singles skater or she and Jonathan really make a move as a team.

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
Yes, I shouldn't be too surprised, since Jennifer WON the Nebelhorn Trophy. I think that kind of result will keep her in singles for a while! I do enjoy watching her skate, but I think she and Jonathon Hunt have more podium potential. I'm thinking they will make a move this year at Nationals and take 3rd.

Verbalgirl77

On the Ice
I would so love to see D&H go to worlds. I think they have so much potential. Any way they can work her layback into their pairs lp? ;)

In pairs, I am most interested to see how Aaron Parchem and Steve Hartsell do with their new partners (Marcy Hinzmann and Kristen Roth, resp.) It must be hard to start over after a long career with a different partner.

I see that Jenny Kirk is still listed as representing the Skating Club of Boston instead of her new skating home, the Onyx.

Mathman

shine

Record Breaker
show 42 said:
No Tiffany Steigler and.........whoever!!:( 42
Check again, Tiffany Stiegler and Bert Cording ARE on the list! :) They qualified to compete at US Nats by winning the Pacific Coast Sectionals in late November. I really, really hope they skate well here...fingers crossed.

NorthernLite

On the Ice
Mathman, skaters frequently continue to keep their affiliation with one club, even when they move around to train at other facilities.

Lcp88

On the Ice
I'm glad to see Steve Hartsell still skating - the Hartsells are one of my favorite pairs teams (of like all time :))
Too bad about Naomi Nari Nam, although from what it sounds like her hip might still not be up to the challenge, so maybe its a blessing in disguise.
Laura