Thread: Voting Booth?

Custom Title

Voting Booth?

I'm wondering the logic of having the Voting Booth as it's own forum, it doesn't seem to get tons of traffic. I've not tried to post a poll in the edge or other forums, but it seems like we can (if we can't we should be able too). Makes more sense to me to have poll in the forum it pertains too. 'Who's gonna win US Nat'ls' in the US Nat'l forum; 'Best Layback Spin' in The Edge'; 'Favorite Brand of Skates' in The Lutz Corner

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Makes sense to me. I rarely visit the voting forum. (And couldn't figure out how to start a poll when I did.)

because teh Edge also gets published to the main page of Golden Skate. Don't want it to be tons of polls - which the voting booth DOES get full. Especially during the height of the season.

Custom Title
    But can we put polls in the Egde? or is that function only available in the Voting Booth?

As Toni said, posts that are in the Edge are scripted to show up on the main page of Golden Skate. Currently we have disabled the capability of polls in the Edge (which is why we have the voting booth).

Years ago we allowed polling in the Edge, however, it became cluttered and distracted from the ongoing discussions.Hence our change.

Quote Originally Posted by ivy View Post
    But can we put polls in the Egde? or is that function only available in the Voting Booth?
    It should be only available in teh voting booth. with the latest upgrade I'm not sure if it's reactivated. if they do post elsewhere they get moved... people DO visit the voting booth if something new is posted.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I posted the following thread in the voting booth with a poll. It also describes how to make a poll.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...008#post603008

I'm asking what disciplines are your favorite interest.

I remember with extreme sadness the days when The Edge had almost nothing in it but polls (and people fighting about their poll answers. ) I was never so happy at GS than the day the polls trundled on back to the Voting Booth.

To make the problem precise: Whenever someone votes on a poll, that causes the poll to go to the top of the page. If you have several polls in a folder (the Edge, say) that lots of people keep voting on, those threads stay at the top of the page and push all the other threads down to the bottom and off to page two.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I posted the following thread in the voting booth with a poll. It also describes how to make a poll.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...008#post603008

I'm asking what disciplines are your favorite interest.

I remember with extreme sadness the days when The Edge had almost nothing in it but polls (and people fighting about their poll answers. ) I was never so happy at GS than the day the polls trundled on back to the Voting Booth.
    Firstly, sorry for dredging up a thread that has been inactive for over a year, but I thought it was better than starting a new thread on basically the same topic!

Now that the Golden Skate forum has been re-organised (and, may I just say, I like the new layout!), and the Voting Booth has gone, I was wondering if it was still possible for regular members (as opposed to moderators) to start polls.

The reason I ask is that since watching the Russian Nationals, I have had something on my mind (an idea for a rule change), and the past day or so have been working on making it into a comment.

But, I would ideally like to make it into a poll to see if other members think the same. And, as far as I can see, the "Add Poll" option is not there any more.

So, can it be done?

Thank you

CaroLiza_fan

At this point, we are not allowing polls for a variety of reasons. We may incorporate them again in the future.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gsk8 View Post
    At this point, we are not allowing polls for a variety of reasons. We may incorporate them again in the future.
    No bother. I can just gauge opinion from the replies.

I just thought of asking anyway as the "Add Poll" button not appearing might have been some kind of glitch that you needed informed about.

Thanks for the replying so promptly

CaroLiza_fan

Custom Title
    that is very unfortunate. i was going to start a poll for euros predictions: i.e. which countries will earn multiple slots for the 4 disciplines (much like how i did it last season for ladies at worlds). i guess i'll just make it in fsu

You can certainly start a thread for Euros' predictions about which countries will win multiple slots!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    You can certainly start a thread for Euros' predictions about which countries will win multiple slots!
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...s-lt-Ladies-gt

Dunno if there's a goldenskate/fsuniverse rivalry, but the thread is in fsu

Many GSers read both boards. Thanks for posting the link.