View Poll Results: Who Will Be The Next Olympic Ladies Champion?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mao Asada

32 29.36%
  • Caroliina Kostner

2 1.83%
  • Alena Leonova

1 0.92%
  • Akiko Suzuki

6 5.50%
  • Alissa Czisny

0 0%
  • Elizaveta Tuktamisheva

27 24.77%
  • Kiira Korpi

0 0%
  • Ashley Wagner

0 0%
  • Rachael Flatt

0 0%
  • Other (Please Specify)

41 37.61%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who Will Be The Next Olympic Ladies Champion?

Rinkside
    Lipnitsky JULIA WILL WIN!

Custom Title
    I am quite sure a Russian will make it. Maybe Sotnikova.

Medalist
    I voted for "Other" option, for I do think that G.Gold or A.Sotnikova have a very good chance to win the upcoming Games.

Rinkside
    Lipnitskaya all the way! If it's not her than Sotnikova or Tuktmysheva. I want a Russian ladies podium sweep in Sochi. I'm really starting to like Korobeynikova too, she may be the underdog, but I don't think she should be ignored.

Banned
    A purely ridiculous poll. Even now perhaps 80% likely not to even compete Kim has to be a poll option, certainly moreso than atleast half on that list. While I highly doubt her winning the next Olympics, and she might well also not even be there, Miki Ando also should be a poll option. Flatt and Korpi are absurd poll options, Flatt has almost 0% chance to even make the U.S Olympic team for Sochi, never mind winning the gold. Suzuki and Leonova are also silly options, they will be hard pressed to even make the #3 spot on their respective Olympic teams, and an Olympic bronze for either would be a huge achievement and big upset. Why on earth are Sotnikova or Lipnitsky not options. Terrible poll.

Banned
    I voted Mao. Very surprised Kostner has no votes. Not surpried "other" has so many as most of the main options were left off in favor of no hopers.

Banned
    Mao or.... someone in other who is currently barely senior age eligible ... seems about right

Custom Title
    Today Lipnitskaya seems to win, bu the Olympic will be in 2 years time, so who knows?

Rinkside
    ask Yuna
    Last edited by mcc; 03-23-2012 at 11:59 AM.

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    I voted for Mao.

Custom Title
    i am not going to say--but it is other --why anything can happen between now and the olympics and even during the olympics--stating a name right now might be right/wrong. way too early to tell

Tripping on the Podium
    I vote for Julia Lipnitskaya. She is amazing

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Welcome to Golden Skate, momskate! Post long and often!

Hard to start making predictions this early, but the contenders in my mind are Gracie Gold, Tuktamysheva, Sotnikova, Mao Asada, and Kanako Murakami. It's really hard to say, though. Gold, Tuktamysheva, and Sotnikova haven't skated in that many senior events, so we'll have to see how they do next season. Mao has had some rough season's, so we'll have to see if she can get her jumps back together in time. I think Kanako has enormous potential, but again, she had a rough season, although she did so well her first year on seniors. I think that people like Carolina and Akiko are just too old to hold on two more years and win the Olympics. Plus, Carolina doesn't have some of the difficult jumps that the other girls do. I think it will be Mao, Yuna (if she comes back) or one of the young girls. As for the Americans, Rachael and Alissa have no chance. I would be surprised if Rachael makes another World or Olympics team. I think Mirai could come back strong and become one of the top American ladies again. Not sure of Ashley can keep it up for two more years. IDK, really, you can't tell this early.
    Last edited by Butterscotch17; 05-10-2012 at 11:23 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2