Who Will Be The Next Olympic Ladies Champion? | Golden Skate

Who Will Be The Next Olympic Ladies Champion?

Who Will Be The Next Olympic Ladies Champion?

• Mao Asada

Votes: 32 29.6%
  • Caroliina Kostner

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Alena Leonova

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Akiko Suzuki

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Alissa Czisny

• Elizaveta Tuktamisheva

Votes: 27 25.0%
  • Kiira Korpi

• Ashley Wagner

• Rachael Flatt

• Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 41 38.0%

• Total voters

Macassar88

Medalist
I voted for who I hope will be the next olympic champ- Tuktamisheva
However, she will need to work on her presentation and ice coverage (among other things)
Hopefully she'll have a triple axel as well

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I voted for Queen Tuk

but where is Julia Lipnitskaya :confused:
she'll be 16 by 2014 right ? so she will compete at the Olympics

mmcdermott

On the Ice
I voted for Tuktamisheva as well, just because I think she's the most likely of the ladies listed. I would predict one of the Russian girls, maybe Tuktamisheva but Lipnitskaya and Sotnikova are also very promising. Most of the ladies in the list are unlikely to improve enough from where they're at now to even end up on the podium in 2014 IMO. Mao is a big question mark in my mind. Will she ever get back to her 2010 level?? Will she draw strength from her mother's passing?

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
I voted for Tuktamisheva as well, just because I think she's the most likely of the ladies listed. I would predict one of the Russian girls, maybe Tuktamisheva but Lipnitskaya and Sotnikova are also very promising. Most of the ladies in the list are unlikely to improve enough from where they're at now to even end up on the podium in 2014 IMO. Mao is a big question mark in my mind. Will she ever get back to her 2010 level?? Will she draw strength from her mother's passing?

Yeah, I'd have definitely put Lipnitskaya and Sotnikova on there over Korpi and Flatt, and even Wagner and Suzuki, as much as I like them. Very good chance it'll be one of the young Russians. It'll be quite a fight between them in the next couple years. What about Kanako Murakami? Gracie Gold? Hard to say where they'll end up, but I'd say they have a much better chance than some of the women listed here.

I'm certainly not counting out Mao either.

macy

Record Breaker
oh goodness i wanted to pick more than one! i think asada, tuktamysheva, sotnikova, lipnitskaia, maybe even gold. who knows, it's kind of a toss up between these few. my one hopeful is csizny if she gets a 3+3 or two. i want it for her, she deserves it, despite the talent of the russian babies. i think my dream top 5 would be czisny, asada, gold, sotnikova, lipnitskaia. although that is probably very unlikely...i do enjoy tuktamysheva, but there is just something that i don't like about her skating.

louisa05

Final Flight
I think there is no clear picture yet. Maybe after next season. But I'm not going to bet on the Russian babies or on Gold until they have more (or you know, ONE) senior events under their belts. And I don't think any of the older ladies have made a clear case for themselves as front runners yet, either.

mmcdermott

On the Ice
So, where are the 8 (currently) people who voted Other (please specify), but did not specify ?

Irishflip

On the Ice
I'd say Adelina Sotnikova as she's already had two bad periods of skating and has recovered incredibly well from both.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^

well Adelina still has a lot to improve but is on the right track
2 bad periods ? you mean surviving 2 growth spurts ? :confused:
well if you mean that, then yes, we dont need to worry about Adelina growing another inch because I think in 2011 was her last growth spurt

its 2012 Winter Youth Olympics next week
not necessarily a borometer on who will win 2012 Olympics but we can see how much Adelina has improved
Elizaveta and Risa Shoji will be there too.

Last edited:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I voted for Mao. I think the young Russians like Elizaveta and Adelina have chances too but the young ones are so unpredictable.

I can't see any of the others on this list standing at the top of the podium except for maybe Kostner, but she tends to do badly at the Olympics so probably not even her. Akiko could be too old and the other choices are just.. totally no go. Nagasu could come back strong in the next couple of years. But we'll see.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Funny, Mirai isn't even on this list. Even though she has struggled of late I still think she is more likely than the three Americans who are on this list - Czisny, Flatt, Wagner - to be at the next Olympics. I am not giving up on her and I would LOVE for her and Mao to battle it out for Gold at the next Olympics.

On this list, I'd like to vote for Mao but it's just to early still for me to have a feel for it. I think we need to see how Adelina and Elizaveta develop and whether Mirai ever lives up to her potential. I would be very surprised if anyone else on this list became Olympic champion, though.

Brett

Spectator
I voted for Mao. She is rewiring her technique because of her goal for Sochi. Also her Lieberstraum programs is by far one of the best ever. I love Akiko too! :thumbsup:

elanna

Rinkside
I voted for "Other" option, for I do think that G.Gold or A.Sotnikova have a very good chance to win the upcoming Games.

vmfan89

Rinkside
Lipnitskaya all the way! If it's not her than Sotnikova or Tuktmysheva. I want a Russian ladies podium sweep in Sochi. I'm really starting to like Korobeynikova too, she may be the underdog, but I don't think she should be ignored.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
A purely ridiculous poll. Even now perhaps 80% likely not to even compete Kim has to be a poll option, certainly moreso than atleast half on that list. While I highly doubt her winning the next Olympics, and she might well also not even be there, Miki Ando also should be a poll option. Flatt and Korpi are absurd poll options, Flatt has almost 0% chance to even make the U.S Olympic team for Sochi, never mind winning the gold. Suzuki and Leonova are also silly options, they will be hard pressed to even make the #3 spot on their respective Olympic teams, and an Olympic bronze for either would be a huge achievement and big upset. Why on earth are Sotnikova or Lipnitsky not options. Terrible poll.