Who Will Be The Next Olympic Ladies Champion? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who Will Be The Next Olympic Ladies Champion?

Who Will Be The Next Olympic Ladies Champion?

• Mao Asada

Votes: 32 29.6%
  • Caroliina Kostner

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Alena Leonova

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Akiko Suzuki

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Alissa Czisny

• Elizaveta Tuktamisheva

Votes: 27 25.0%
  • Kiira Korpi

• Ashley Wagner

• Rachael Flatt

• Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 41 38.0%

• Total voters

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I voted Mao. Very surprised Kostner has no votes. Not surpried "other" has so many as most of the main options were left off in favor of no hopers.

lcd

Match Penalty
Mao or.... someone in other who is currently barely senior age eligible ... seems about right

fairly4

Medalist
i am not going to say--but it is other --why anything can happen between now and the olympics and even during the olympics--stating a name right now might be right/wrong. way too early to tell

Butterscotch17

On the Ice
Hard to start making predictions this early, but the contenders in my mind are Gracie Gold, Tuktamysheva, Sotnikova, Mao Asada, and Kanako Murakami. It's really hard to say, though. Gold, Tuktamysheva, and Sotnikova haven't skated in that many senior events, so we'll have to see how they do next season. Mao has had some rough season's, so we'll have to see if she can get her jumps back together in time. I think Kanako has enormous potential, but again, she had a rough season, although she did so well her first year on seniors. I think that people like Carolina and Akiko are just too old to hold on two more years and win the Olympics. Plus, Carolina doesn't have some of the difficult jumps that the other girls do. I think it will be Mao, Yuna (if she comes back) or one of the young girls. As for the Americans, Rachael and Alissa have no chance. I would be surprised if Rachael makes another World or Olympics team. I think Mirai could come back strong and become one of the top American ladies again. Not sure of Ashley can keep it up for two more years. IDK, really, you can't tell this early.

Last edited: