Japanese Nationals - Men | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Japanese Nationals - Men

Nadine

Record Breaker
Well on his way to winning his 5th National Title. :cool: It's half over, only the LP to go now, but what a start!!!! Holy cow, just now saw it on youtube, and I was honestly blown away. Like the other poster said, you have to see him skate in person. I did, twice thus far, with the last time being the most memorable at 2010 Skate America. He's on another level, a whole other plane, both skating wise, and especially charisma wise. Closest comparison, like seeing a young 1956 Elvis Presley on ice skates (though I wasn't born at the time, lol).

:points:GOOOOOOOOOOOOO WARRIOR (aka Mr. Daisuke Takahashi)!!!!!!:points:

Mot, thank you for writing your report while the details were still fresh in your mind. It's such a treat to hear from someone who was right there. I got gooseflesh reading your description of Takahashi's program. I'm going to watch it on YouTube as soon as I get home from work.

Like you, I hope and pray that this performance is only the beginning of a new stage in Daisuke's career, where his restored jumps blend with his new high level of artistry. This man is a skater for the ages. He's already on my Forever List along with Kurt, John Curry, and Alexei. I see no reason to wait until his career is completed for a final evaluation. No matter what he wins or doesn't win in the future, his skating is miles above that of most of his contemporaries. He's an alchemist on ice. When he skates, the music becomes almost a living thing. Go, Daisuke!

emma

Record Breaker
Thanks so, so much for the videos and the reports. I can't imagine what it was like in that stadium! Dai, Dai, Dai....:points: (but really, this is 10, 10, 10). I can't get over what he did in the SP. WOW!

(miss Oda).

Gloriosky, what a program! That combination jump, that footwork, that final set of spins...what a stupendous performance. Everyone in that stadium was so lucky to be there.

Didn't you all love the yell that the announcer let out when Daisuke hit the second jump of the quad-triple combination? And it was a completely appropriate reaction, considering the occasion.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Dai did 4T-3T in 2005 worlds SP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jZ9uY0edME&feature=player_embedded

(New scoring system Dai did 4T and 4T-2T in 2008 4CC LP.)

The season of 2008 is well remembered. But 2005, oh, I didn't go that far. Is it even Dai? He looked awkward, like so many boys in teen-times. Ugly Duckling who turned into a handsome Prince! So, yesterday the second time in his career he performed 4t-3t in SP. The landing was much confident then in 2005. Naturally. Here is one more video, HD: www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO6krNJWCa0
Here is the interview with Nakamura and his thoughts on JN, taken a couple of months ago: www.japanskates.com/interviews/Depth/Kent_Interview_en.htm

treeloving

Medalist
Haven't read any of the posts up above, but, perhaps just for my own sake, before going to bed, I must declare that I am blessed to have witnessed Daisuke's 4t-3t in the arena before my own eyes this evening! Also what sets him apart from all other skaters I saw today was that everything about him and his programme / performance was articulated. It was a whole. It was integrated. Everything was connected. It was one. His upper body movements, his footwork, the music, his elements, the story he told ... everything. Nothing was forced. Everything about his performance was smooth. Nothing was too much. Just enough power to mesmerise. Just enough space to breathe and to invite spectator's own imagination to add and enhance. The right balance of push and pull. It was such a powerful and delicate performance at the same time - if such thing is possible.

Also... Takahiko's Inner Urge was, to me, much more wonderful programme when seen live in the arena. Somehow, its beauty and charm do not seem to transfer well over digital signals.

Akio Sasaki is one of a kind. Hugely entertaining and wonderful in his own way. Never sat in the arena, where the audience, including myself, laughing and giggling during a competition programme being performed, just as he wanted us to do. Wonderful dancer and some sweet footwork too.

To me, Yuzuru and Takahito Mura both seemed just wanted it too much... perhaps Dice Murakami too. Well, it's only short and they have tomorrow to make it all up. Good luck to all of them!

I thought Machida was wonderful. His jumps were not perfect but his performance reached the farthest end of the stand, I believe. He's not a tall person, but he performs large and knows how to project.

I wondered how many tangos Kenji Miyamoto has choreographed for Japanese men (and ladies) so far...

I thought Takuya Kondo's programme was quite wonderful; a real pity he did not manage to make the best of it.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to go to Namihaya to watch the rest of the competition live. A shame as there are always tons of stuff only those who watch skate live know and those on the other side of TV / monitor would never understand...

Mot, I just want to said that it's great to see you post here again :yay:, and thank you for the impression!

Last edited:

wallylutz

Medalist
Takahashi is an amazing performer, he is not only a genius when it comes to dancing on ice, he gives life to his chosen music. Aside from Jeremy Abbott, I feel Takahashi has the most captivating style on ice, to me. As far as the technical aspects are concerned, I feel he leaves the door wide open. Despite this being a clean skate, none of his jumps had any wow effect. They were solid, but just that, nothing more. The rest of program, including spins will not be competitive against some other skaters internationally, especially not against Patrick Chan. I wish Takahashi will reconsider the inclusion of layback spins in his repertoire, they don't suit him and don't showcase him very well. He also needs more attack and speed or else, it will be hard for him to be competitive against Chan on the PCS. That is, unless he can manage to close the gap on SS and TR, I don't think his style will be able to carry him. If both Takahashi and Chan skate clean SP with identical jump content, I feel there is still no chance for Takahashi to win because of the technical difference between the two. Chan is a much stronger skater technically overall, to beat him, you can't just equate his jump content, you have to surpass him on the BV or else it would be virtually impossible to beat him.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
it will be hard for him to be competitive against Chan on the PCS.
Yeah, no doubt chanadian judges took notes and he will get over 100 in SP at CN, no matter how many times he zambonis the ice.

Is the Chan fest thread got closed? Notice, how me or some others never visited that place. Why not to be polite in return? Japanese Nationals belongs to whom it belongs to- hadsome men skating beautifully, where Dai rules and ROCKS!!! :p

futureidol

On the Ice
Seriously, can we enjoy one event without the constant mention of Sir. Falls-a-lot? We're here to celebrate Japan's wonderful figure skaters, not to have a Chan vs. Takahashi debate.

Last edited:

NMURA

Medalist
Men FS LIVE results
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/channel/live/show/winter/588

1 中村智 Satoshi Nakamura
2 松村成 Jo Matsumura
3 玉田裕也 Yuya Tamada
4 近藤琢哉 Takuya Kondo
5 江口涼一 Ryoichi Eguchi
6 宮﨑勇人 Hayato Miyazaki
7 木原龍一 Ryuichi Kihara
8 吉田行宏 Yukihiro Yoshida
9 川原星 Sei Kawahara
10 郡山智之 Tomoyuki Koriyama
11 堀之内雄基 Yuki Horinouchi
12 小沼祐太 Yuta Onuma
13 無良崇人 Takahito Mura
14 佐々木彰生 Akio Sasaki
15 村上大介 Daisuke Murakami
16 日野龍樹 Ryuju Hino
17 宇野昌磨 Shoma Uno
18 坪井遥司 Yoji Tsuboi
19 町田樹 Tatsuki Machida
20 田中刑事 Keiji Tanaka
21 小塚崇彦 Takahiko Kozuka
22 高橋大輔 Daisuke Takahashi
23 羽生結弦 Yuzuru Hanyu
24 中村健人 Kento Nakamura

futureidol

On the Ice
Men's FS scores/totals/standings after 1st group:

1 近藤琢哉 Takuya Kondo • TES 46.91 + PCS 52.80 = FS 99.71 + SP 48.71 = TOTAL 148.42
2 中村智 Satoshi Nakamura • TES 45.07 + PCS 43.00 = FS 88.07 + SP 46.75 = TOTAL 134.82
3 松村成 Jo Matsumura • TES 48.68 + PCS 43.10 = FS 91.78 + SP 41.90 = TOTAL 133.68
4 宮崎勇人 Hayato Miyazaki • TES 35.57 + PCS 47.10 = FS 82.67 + SP 41.96 = TOTAL 124.63
5 江口涼一 Ryoichi Eguchi • TES 39.97 + PCS 42.60 = FS 82.57 + SP 41.51 = TOTAL 124.08
6 玉田裕也 Yuya Tamada • TES 35.68 + PCS 42.30 -1.00 = FS 76.98 + SP 38.99 = TOTAL 115.97

3 groups left to skate.

Shaba22

Final Flight
Standings after 1st group:
1 Takuya Kondo 148.42
2 Satoshi Nakamura 134.82
3 Jo Matsumura 133.68
4 Hayato Miyazaki 124.63
5 Ryoichi Eguchi 124.08
6 Yuya Tamada 115.97

wallylutz

Medalist
Yeah, no doubt chanadian judges took notes and he will get over 100 in SP at CN, no matter how many times he zambonis the ice.

I don't think they will feel that insecure, even though that's what you like to believe. Unlike Nationals of certain countries, Canada has had no hesitation in dethroning reigning Canadian World Champions and/or current Olympic medalist in men if they faltered, just ask Browning and Buttle.

Is the Chan fest thread got closed? Notice, how me or some others never visited that place.

In case you failed to notice, I never posted there either.

Why not to be polite in return?

How was I being impolite? Is there somekind of 結界 in here that I missed? Remind me again, what's the title of this thread?

Japanese Nationals belongs to whom it belongs to- hadsome men skating beautifully, where Dai rules and ROCKS!!! :p

The competition isn't over yet. Kozuka is very capable of taking the title still and by the same token, you never know which version of Dai will show up in the FS, could be his SC version, in which case, I must remind you: "It ain't over until it's over."

futureidol

On the Ice
Men's FS scores/totals/standings after 1st 2 groups:

1 木原龍一 Ryuichi Kihara • TES 60.19 + PCS 61.00 = FS 121.19 + SP 57.45 = TOTAL 178.64
2 吉田行宏 Yukihiro Yoshida • TES 56.82 + PCS 59.60 = FS 116.42 + SP 49.40 = TOTAL 165.82
3 堀之内雄基 Yuki Horinouchi • TES 56.67 + PCS 49.70 -1.00 = FS 105.37 + SP 49.96 = TOTAL 155.33
4 川原星 Sei Kawahara • TES 48.25 + PCS 47.80 -1.00 = FS 95.05 + SP 53.96 = TOTAL 149.01
5 近藤琢哉 Takuya Kondo • TES 46.91 + PCS 52.80 = FS 99.71 + SP 48.71 = TOTAL 148.42
6 小沼祐太 Yuta Onuma • TES 47.37 + PCS 49.40 = FS 96.77 + SP 50.82 = TOTAL 147.59
7 郡山智之 Tomoyuki Koriyama • TES 39.66 + PCS 54.90 = FS 94.56 + SP 50.93 = TOTAL 145.49
8 中村智 Satoshi Nakamura • TES 45.07 + PCS 43.00 = FS 88.07 + SP 46.75 = TOTAL 134.82
9 松村成 Jo Matsumura • TES 48.68 + PCS 43.10 = FS 91.78 + SP 41.90 = TOTAL 133.68
10 宮崎勇人 Hayato Miyazaki • TES 35.57 + PCS 47.10 = FS 82.67 + SP 41.96 = TOTAL 124.63
11 江口涼一 Ryoichi Eguchi • TES 39.97 + PCS 42.60 = FS 82.57 + SP 41.51 = TOTAL 124.08
12 玉田裕也 Yuya Tamada • TES 35.68 + PCS 42.30 -1.00 = FS 76.98 + SP 38.99 = TOTAL 115.97

2 groups remaining.

Shaba22

Final Flight
Standings after 3 groups:
1 Takahito Mura 204.21
2 Daisuke Murakami 203.41
3 Shoma Uno 190.42
4 Ryuju Hino 188.30
5 Yoji Tsubo 178.72

4th group:

19 Tatsuki Machida
20 Keiji Tanaka