Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Japanese Nationals - Men

Tripping on the Podium
    Here's Kento http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIevQ0hD-Y4

I still love him even though he never skates clean.

Thank you mot for your report, much appreciated!

Custom Title
    Well on his way to winning his 5th National Title. It's half over, only the LP to go now, but what a start!!!! Holy cow, just now saw it on youtube, and I was honestly blown away. Like the other poster said, you have to see him skate in person. I did, twice thus far, with the last time being the most memorable at 2010 Skate America. He's on another level, a whole other plane, both skating wise, and especially charisma wise. Closest comparison, like seeing a young 1956 Elvis Presley on ice skates (though I wasn't born at the time, lol).

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO WARRIOR (aka Mr. Daisuke Takahashi)!!!!!!

Custom Title
    Mot, thank you for writing your report while the details were still fresh in your mind. It's such a treat to hear from someone who was right there. I got gooseflesh reading your description of Takahashi's program. I'm going to watch it on YouTube as soon as I get home from work.

Like you, I hope and pray that this performance is only the beginning of a new stage in Daisuke's career, where his restored jumps blend with his new high level of artistry. This man is a skater for the ages. He's already on my Forever List along with Kurt, John Curry, and Alexei. I see no reason to wait until his career is completed for a final evaluation. No matter what he wins or doesn't win in the future, his skating is miles above that of most of his contemporaries. He's an alchemist on ice. When he skates, the music becomes almost a living thing. Go, Daisuke!

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    This is a longer video of Dai's SP with scores and interview. Very good quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziQ253eUi2I
    Thank you for the video, my jaw drop, he is like a giant on ice, such intimidating aura he has, amazing program!

Custom Title
    Thanks so, so much for the videos and the reports. I can't imagine what it was like in that stadium! Dai, Dai, Dai.... (but really, this is 10, 10, 10). I can't get over what he did in the SP. WOW!

(miss Oda).

Custom Title
    Gloriosky, what a program! That combination jump, that footwork, that final set of spins...what a stupendous performance. Everyone in that stadium was so lucky to be there.

Didn't you all love the yell that the announcer let out when Daisuke hit the second jump of the quad-triple combination? And it was a completely appropriate reaction, considering the occasion.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaba22 View Post
    Dai did 4T-3T in 2005 worlds SP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jZ9u...layer_embedded

(New scoring system Dai did 4T and 4T-2T in 2008 4CC LP.)
    The season of 2008 is well remembered. But 2005, oh, I didn't go that far. Is it even Dai? He looked awkward, like so many boys in teen-times. Ugly Duckling who turned into a handsome Prince! So, yesterday the second time in his career he performed 4t-3t in SP. The landing was much confident then in 2005. Naturally. Here is one more video, HD: www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO6krNJWCa0
    Here is the interview with Nakamura and his thoughts on JN, taken a couple of months ago: http://www.japanskates.com/interview...terview_en.htm

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mot View Post
    Haven't read any of the posts up above, but, perhaps just for my own sake, before going to bed, I must declare that I am blessed to have witnessed Daisuke's 4t-3t in the arena before my own eyes this evening! Also what sets him apart from all other skaters I saw today was that everything about him and his programme / performance was articulated. It was a whole. It was integrated. Everything was connected. It was one. His upper body movements, his footwork, the music, his elements, the story he told ... everything. Nothing was forced. Everything about his performance was smooth. Nothing was too much. Just enough power to mesmerise. Just enough space to breathe and to invite spectator's own imagination to add and enhance. The right balance of push and pull. It was such a powerful and delicate performance at the same time - if such thing is possible.

Also... Takahiko's Inner Urge was, to me, much more wonderful programme when seen live in the arena. Somehow, its beauty and charm do not seem to transfer well over digital signals.

Akio Sasaki is one of a kind. Hugely entertaining and wonderful in his own way. Never sat in the arena, where the audience, including myself, laughing and giggling during a competition programme being performed, just as he wanted us to do. Wonderful dancer and some sweet footwork too.

To me, Yuzuru and Takahito Mura both seemed just wanted it too much... perhaps Dice Murakami too. Well, it's only short and they have tomorrow to make it all up. Good luck to all of them!

I thought Machida was wonderful. His jumps were not perfect but his performance reached the farthest end of the stand, I believe. He's not a tall person, but he performs large and knows how to project.

I wondered how many tangos Kenji Miyamoto has choreographed for Japanese men (and ladies) so far...

I thought Takuya Kondo's programme was quite wonderful; a real pity he did not manage to make the best of it.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to go to Namihaya to watch the rest of the competition live. A shame as there are always tons of stuff only those who watch skate live know and those on the other side of TV / monitor would never understand...
    Mot, I just want to said that it's great to see you post here again , and thank you for the impression!
    Last edited by treeloving; 12-23-2011 at 11:37 PM.

Custom Title
    Takahashi is an amazing performer, he is not only a genius when it comes to dancing on ice, he gives life to his chosen music. Aside from Jeremy Abbott, I feel Takahashi has the most captivating style on ice, to me. As far as the technical aspects are concerned, I feel he leaves the door wide open. Despite this being a clean skate, none of his jumps had any wow effect. They were solid, but just that, nothing more. The rest of program, including spins will not be competitive against some other skaters internationally, especially not against Patrick Chan. I wish Takahashi will reconsider the inclusion of layback spins in his repertoire, they don't suit him and don't showcase him very well. He also needs more attack and speed or else, it will be hard for him to be competitive against Chan on the PCS. That is, unless he can manage to close the gap on SS and TR, I don't think his style will be able to carry him. If both Takahashi and Chan skate clean SP with identical jump content, I feel there is still no chance for Takahashi to win because of the technical difference between the two. Chan is a much stronger skater technically overall, to beat him, you can't just equate his jump content, you have to surpass him on the BV or else it would be virtually impossible to beat him.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    And Chan is skating at Japanese Nationals? Who knew.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    it will be hard for him to be competitive against Chan on the PCS.
    Yeah, no doubt chanadian judges took notes and he will get over 100 in SP at CN, no matter how many times he zambonis the ice.

Is the Chan fest thread got closed? Notice, how me or some others never visited that place. Why not to be polite in return? Japanese Nationals belongs to whom it belongs to- hadsome men skating beautifully, where Dai rules and ROCKS!!!

I have faith in the swan futureidol's Avatar
    Seriously, can we enjoy one event without the constant mention of Sir. Falls-a-lot? We're here to celebrate Japan's wonderful figure skaters, not to have a Chan vs. Takahashi debate.
    Last edited by futureidol; 12-24-2011 at 04:27 AM.

Custom Title
    Men FS LIVE results
    http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/channe...how/winter/588

1 中村智 Satoshi Nakamura
    2 松村成 Jo Matsumura
    3 玉田裕也 Yuya Tamada
    4 近藤琢哉 Takuya Kondo
    5 江口涼一 Ryoichi Eguchi
    6 宮﨑勇人 Hayato Miyazaki
    7 木原龍一 Ryuichi Kihara
    8 吉田行宏 Yukihiro Yoshida
    9 川原星 Sei Kawahara
    10 郡山智之 Tomoyuki Koriyama
    11 堀之内雄基 Yuki Horinouchi
    12 小沼祐太 Yuta Onuma
    13 無良崇人 Takahito Mura
    14 佐々木彰生 Akio Sasaki
    15 村上大介 Daisuke Murakami
    16 日野龍樹 Ryuju Hino
    17 宇野昌磨 Shoma Uno
    18 坪井遥司 Yoji Tsuboi
    19 町田樹 Tatsuki Machida
    20 田中刑事 Keiji Tanaka
    21 小塚崇彦 Takahiko Kozuka
    22 高橋大輔 Daisuke Takahashi
    23 羽生結弦 Yuzuru Hanyu
    24 中村健人 Kento Nakamura

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    And Chan is skating at Japanese Nationals? Who knew.
    In fact, he will be skating at Japanese Nationals indeed, it looks like you missed his invitation from JSF:

http://www.onice.jp/MOI11/guests.html

Reported by sorcerer: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...l=1#post601477

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast