Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Japanese Nationals - Men

I have faith in the swan futureidol's Avatar

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory View Post
    Congratulations to Dai-chan, Kozuka, Yuzuru

Except for 1 fall of 3A combo, Kozuka's performance was really brilliant. Everytime I hear this music, I am filled with emotion, love love this music and program.

I feel that Kozuka projected a lot of emotion today than he ever did in the past. The program totally got me in.

Quote Originally Posted by doctor2014 View Post
    How’s Machida doing?
    What does this mean?
    冒頭は4回転はやらず、ダブルアクセルに。トリプルアクセルはセカンドジャンプをダブルにした。続くトリプ ルループも着氷。後半のトリプルアクセルも決まり、着実にジャンプを決めていくが終盤のルッツ がダブルに。
    He did 2A instead of 4T. As for 3A combo, he changed planned second jump(3T) into 2T. Landed 3Lo. Also landed 3A and other jumps in the latter half, but poped 3Lz into double.

Custom Title
    If anybody found Kozuka's LP, please post the link here. Thanks.

Custom Title
    Daisuke fell three times? Rats! I don't think I have the strength to watch the FS. I'll just watch the SP twice and call it a day.

On the plus side, maybe he got the falls out of his system and will skate a perfect FS at Worlds. Fingers are crossed!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Daisuke fell three times? Rats! I don't think I have the strength to watch the FS. I'll just watch the SP twice and call it a day.

On the plus side, maybe he got the falls out of his system and will skate a perfect FS at Worlds. Fingers are crossed!
    Actually, you should. It's a textbook demonstration on how a skater can still sell a program even with multiple falls/visible errors. His high PCS (nearly 87) attests to that.

Custom Title
    Hanyu so clearly needs to work on his stamina and conditioning. Halfway through his ChSt1 you could tell he was gonna screw up his next jump. And while I don't love this program like Blades, I admire his attack.

Kozuka probably had my favourite skate of the night (of the top three, anyway). His PCS were quite low - only 2.5 points higher than Hanyu, which I disagree with entirely (that translates to one level - 0.25 - above on each component). Don't know what that's about.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Actually, you should. It's a textbook demonstration on how a skater can still sell a program even with multiple falls/visible errors. His high PCS (nearly 87) attests to that.
    Touché

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    I am so tired of reading everywhere about Chan! This is Japanese nationals, not Canadian nationals. Let's see how he does in his own nationals and than we can start a different thread comparing scores, overs-cores, PCS and everyting. But not now and not here
    I know! How dare Chan's name shows up in this Japanese love-fest thread!!! I guess Dai love-fest should not show up at Canadian National threads at all then?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Touché
    Do you disagree with my statement? Because he really still sold that program. The errors didn't really interrupt the flow (as it might have with a lesser skater).

Custom Title
    Why is Kozuka always sooo uderscored? His skating is so smooth, the speed is amazing, his landings are like butter and has the best spins in this competition. My favorite skater from Japan is(and will probably remain so for a long time) Daisuke, but I think at the end of the day Kozuka deserved the title more than Daisuke. Special mention to Yuzuru but he was so far behind in the SP, plus the mistake on his 3S, I think he deserved no more than bronze.
    All 3 medalists have the best 3 LP of the season(my personal preference, of course). I hope to see them skate cleanly at worlds.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast