Satoko Miyahara, Jr. champion

3F fall
    3Lz-2T(recovery) ok
    2A ok

fell on the last part of step

47.06 into 5th. Oh, no...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory View Post

Her family name "KONDO(近藤)" has another chinese character, and it (混同)'s meaning is "confusion". hahaha.
    Oh, I see! Thank you

I have faith in the swan futureidol's Avatar
    Ladies SP standings after first 2 groups:

1 佐藤未生 Miu Sato • TES 31.38 + PCS 22.76 = SP 54.14
    2 鈴木春奈 Haruna Suzuki • TES 28.76 + PCS 24.28 = SP 53.04
    3 友滝佳子 Kako Tomotaki • TES 29.66 + PCS 22.36 = SP 52.02
    4 庄司理紗 Risa Shoji • TES 27.18 + PCS 24.32 = SP 51.50
    5 宮原知子 Satoko Miyahara • TES 25.94 + PCS 23.12 -2.00 = SP 47.06
    6 近藤里奈 Rina Kondo • TES 22.86 + PCS 22.66 -1.00 = SP 44.52
    7 中村未夏 Mika Nakamura • TES 24.44 + PCS 19.08 = SP 43.52
    8 中村愛音 Ayane Nakamura • TES 22.80 + PCS 20.00 = SP 42.80
    9 瀬藤愛里 Eri Seto • TES 23.20 + PCS 17.88 -1.00 = SP 40.08
    10 石井綾香 Ayaka Ishii • TES 16.74 + PCS 16.28 = SP 33.02
    11 谷川奈穂美 Naomi Tanikawa • TES 14.00 + PCS 17.24 = SP 29.24

Custom Title
    I'm amazed at how many of the Japanese girls can land 3Z's. No wonder Fumie had trouble even making Nationals.

Standings after 2 groups:

1. Miu Sato 54.14
    2. Haruna Suzuki 53.04
    3. Kako Tomotaki 52.02
    4. Risa Shoji 51.50
    5. Satoko Miyahara 47.06
    6. Rina Kondo 44.52
    7. Mika Nakamura 43.52
    8. Ayane Nakamura 43.52
    9. Eri Seto 40.08
    10. Ayaka Ishii 33.02
    11. Naomi Tanikawa 29.24

Miyabi Ohba and Mari Suzuki are in next group.

So happy Miu Sato keeps 1st!

Miu Sato really coached by Machiko Yamada? Hard to believe because most of her students have some weird techniques on jumps but Miu has a real Lutz and she doesn't really have odd looking jumps, compare to her other students like Mao, Mai, Murakami, Yukari Nakano, shoma Uno, etc.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Miu Sato really coached by Machiko Yamada? Hard to believe because most of her students have some weird techniques on jumps but Miu has a real Lutz and she doesn't really have odd looking jumps, compare to her other students like Mao, Mai, Murakami, Yukari Nakano, shoma Uno, etc.
    Probably has to do with the fact that edge calls have been a lot more common the last couple of years. Whereas Mao and Yukari learned their technique before, the next generation really has to focus on getting the technique right.

Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Probably has to do with the fact that edge calls have been a lot more common the last couple of years. Whereas Mao and Yukari learned their technique before, the next generation really has to focus on getting the technique right.
    That's true but she doesn't have the high leg kick, leg wrap nor toe axel! She jumps like she was coached by someone else.. Yamada is known for not fixing her students bad habits.. That's why I was wondering..

Custom Title
    I don't know, it might just be Miu. Because Shoma Uno is very, very young and has just awful technique on his flip/lutz, with a former Caroline Zhang-esque twisting high kick (not to mention a flutz).

Custom Title
    I agree a lot depends on the individual. I imagine it can be hard for a coach of the marginally talented skaters who simply are not capable of landing the difficult jumps with proper technique. So, for example, do you tell them not to do their bad lutz and flip at all, or let them becuase at least they will garner more points, do better in competitions, please the skater's parents, etc.

Sara Imamura

3F-2T landing of first jump was not good
    3S clean
    2A maybe UR

Miyabi Ohba

3S step out
    3Lo-2Lo(recovery)
    2A clean

Custom Title
    I agree a lot depends on the individual. I imagine it can be hard for a coach of the marginally talented skaters who simply are not capable of landing the difficult jumps with proper technique. So, for example, do you tell them not to do their bad lutz and flip at all, or let them becuase at least they will garner more points, do better in competitions, please the skater's parents, etc.
    I think that most skaters with the bad technique develop that way because something about the way they do that jump makes it easier, although the trouble does appear later. Miu Sato's height on her lutz is so impressive, and might be the reason why she developed such good technique on it if she just was able to get good air on it (Uno has low jumps so perhaps the twisting helps his rotation speed). At the same time, her axel technique isn't that great but it allows her to rotate and land. I think young skaters should be less occupied with landing the jump vs. doing it with correct technique, but we don't reward good technique enough at lower levels as opposed to impressive tricks (but perhaps with less than good technique).

Quote Originally Posted by burntbread View Post
    i think that most skaters with the bad technique develop that way because something about the way they do that jump makes it easier, although the trouble does appear later. Miu sato's height on her lutz is so impressive, and might be the reason why she developed such good technique on it if she just was able to get good air on it (uno has low jumps so perhaps the twisting helps his rotation speed). At the same time, her axel technique isn't that great but it allows her to rotate and land. I think young skaters should be less occupied with landing the jump vs. Doing it with correct technique, but we don't reward good technique enough at lower levels as opposed to impressive tricks (but perhaps with less than good technique).
    ita.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast