Japanese Nationals - Ladies | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Japanese Nationals - Ladies

Nadine

Record Breaker
Loved reading the thread, thanks to everybody that contributed! :) Gorgeous news to wake up to after a lovely Christmas Eve & Midnight Mass. :)^)

Congrats to Mao on her 5th National Title! :cool: Not her best, but she skated clean without falls, thank goodness. And Congrats to the other two medalists as well.

Only 5 more to go, Mao, and you will have surpassed Midori Ito's phenomenal all-time record at 9 National Titles. And if anybody can do it I predict it will be Mao, whom looks to be in the ballgame for a long long time, mayhap even as long as Fumie Suguri. Crossing my fingers for her. :love:

Another interesting note regarding the history of ladies figure skating, this time in reference to Worlds. The last time a woman won 3 World Titles was Peggy Fleming back in the 60's. Of course this doesn't take into account Katarina Witt's 4 World Titles in the 80's nor Michelle Kwan's 5 World Titles in the 90's/2000's. The latter I fear is out of reach, but the former may be possible. Here's hoping the best for Mao at the upcoming 2012 Worlds. :)^)

rtureck

Final Flight
All 3 medalists looked so happy and pretty in pastel. (They have almost the same hairstyle). Mao was only credited for 3 triples. Mao and Akiko both scored 8.00 for choreography.

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
I just can not imagine how hard it was for Mao to skate after loosing her mom only two weeks ago. She did not even show any tears. Mao is extremely strong. I really admire her strength and dignity.

emma

Record Breaker
Thanks for all of the reports and videos! Congrats to all the ladies - sounds like a great event - and special congrats to the medalists!!!

Does anyone know on what basis the 4CC was chosen - at first glance it looks like both second placers did not get a spot at 4cc's but third placers did, is that the choice of the skaters or the fed and why?

Thanks.

alexeifan

On the Ice
Just wanted to add what everyone else is saying, I'm sooooo happy for Mao and all three ladies who get to go to worlds. What a great christmas present to us skating fans. Mao is such a strong woman, I admire her courage greatly.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Thanks for all of the reports and videos! Congrats to all the ladies - sounds like a great event - and special congrats to the medalists!!!

Does anyone know on what basis the 4CC was chosen - at first glance it looks like both second placers did not get a spot at 4cc's but third placers did, is that the choice of the skaters or the fed and why?

Thanks.

Maybe the Fed wants other skaters a chance to compete at senior level. Either way, its a good decision thou as 1-3 is already heading to world so why not give 4-6 a chance to get more international experiences.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Too bad Satoko pcs is little too low. If she can get higher SP and higher PCs in LP, with her TES content she can spoils the Russian podium sweep at Jr world.

DianaSelene

Medalist
Too bad Satoko pcs is little too low. If she can get higher SP and higher PCs in LP, with her TES content she can spoils the Russian podium sweep at Jr world.

I would doubt that considering there will be Tuktamysheva, Sotnikova, and Lipnitskaya. Lipnitskaya alone has not lost to Satoko Miyahara yet. Maybe if they all do horribly and Miyahara does great.

christinaskater

Medalist
She has really established herself this year in the world of skating.
JSF should have sent her to 4CC instead just as a primer for the worlds.

In a way it's also a good decision.
I think if Akiko wins 4CC it would put more pressure on her coming to the WOrlds.

I do hope she would give a lights out performance for the worlds!

What an amazing season it has been for her!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
She has really established herself this year in the world of skating.
JSF should have sent her to 4CC instead just as a primer for the worlds.

In a way it's also a good decision.
I think if Akiko wins 4CC it would put more pressure on her coming to the WOrlds.

I do hope she would give a lights out performance for the worlds!

What an amazing season it has been for her!

I think it's good that she's not doing 4CC actually. When you think about it; Akiko only had two weeks between GPF and Nationals. I think it's good for her to have a few months to run through her programs and tinker as necessary. And I get the feeling she really wants to get that 3F-3T mastered. With two months, she'll have time to work on it.

ayayukiituka

On the Ice
I would doubt that considering there will be Tuktamysheva, Sotnikova, and Lipnitskaya. Lipnitskaya alone has not lost to Satoko Miyahara yet. Maybe if they all do horribly and Miyahara does great.

I doubt both Liza and Adelina goes to JW. I read an article saying they participate in youth Olympics. Besides,Adelina already has JW title,so I guess that doesn't have any benefit for her. Liza may take part in it though.