Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Japanese Nationals - Ladies

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    Thanks for all of the reports and videos! Congrats to all the ladies - sounds like a great event - and special congrats to the medalists!!!

Does anyone know on what basis the 4CC was chosen - at first glance it looks like both second placers did not get a spot at 4cc's but third placers did, is that the choice of the skaters or the fed and why?

Thanks.
    Maybe the Fed wants other skaters a chance to compete at senior level. Either way, its a good decision thou as 1-3 is already heading to world so why not give 4-6 a chance to get more international experiences.

Custom Title
    Too bad Satoko pcs is little too low. If she can get higher SP and higher PCs in LP, with her TES content she can spoils the Russian podium sweep at Jr world.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    Too bad Satoko pcs is little too low. If she can get higher SP and higher PCs in LP, with her TES content she can spoils the Russian podium sweep at Jr world.
    I would doubt that considering there will be Tuktamysheva, Sotnikova, and Lipnitskaya. Lipnitskaya alone has not lost to Satoko Miyahara yet. Maybe if they all do horribly and Miyahara does great.

I am so happy for Akiko!

She has really established herself this year in the world of skating.
    JSF should have sent her to 4CC instead just as a primer for the worlds.

In a way it's also a good decision.
    I think if Akiko wins 4CC it would put more pressure on her coming to the WOrlds.

I do hope she would give a lights out performance for the worlds!

What an amazing season it has been for her!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQXH_9u9hlE

Akiko's Free skate!

I love her program so much! I do hope she could change her final pose though and really give that super energy towards the end to have more impact!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    Oh dear, Kanako fell during footwork sequence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vg9mAcOILM

Kanako's coach reaction at the end of her program was so funny. I'm glad she was still able to get a medal.

Quote Originally Posted by christinaskater View Post
    She has really established herself this year in the world of skating.
    JSF should have sent her to 4CC instead just as a primer for the worlds.

In a way it's also a good decision.
    I think if Akiko wins 4CC it would put more pressure on her coming to the WOrlds.

I do hope she would give a lights out performance for the worlds!

What an amazing season it has been for her!
    I think it's good that she's not doing 4CC actually. When you think about it; Akiko only had two weeks between GPF and Nationals. I think it's good for her to have a few months to run through her programs and tinker as necessary. And I get the feeling she really wants to get that 3F-3T mastered. With two months, she'll have time to work on it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    I would doubt that considering there will be Tuktamysheva, Sotnikova, and Lipnitskaya. Lipnitskaya alone has not lost to Satoko Miyahara yet. Maybe if they all do horribly and Miyahara does great.
    I doubt both Liza and Adelina goes to JW. I read an article saying they participate in youth Olympics. Besides,Adelina already has JW title,so I guess that doesn't have any benefit for her. Liza may take part in it though.

Custom Title

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    So happy for the ladies!

Mao was lovely. Her SP was very nice, clean and controlled. I really like that piece for her and *gasp* dare I say TAT has finally done a good competitive program for Mao? I'm not a fan of TAT's competitive programs for Mao, though her exhibition pieces are fabulous. I like the music choice of Scheherazade they picked; it's unlike any of the ones skaters have used recently which allows it to stand on its own. It's a solid program, though I still think Nocturne and Claire de Lune are Mao's best SPs. Mao did a lot better here than I expected her to given what she's been through these last few weeks. She's such a strong and inspiring young lady and I'm so happy to see her back on top.

Oh, and can I just say her exhibition program is beyond words. I can't even explain how amazingly touching and beautiful it is. I wrote a blog about it a couple of months ago and the best way I can describe that "Jupiter" program is beautiful sadness...it's so gorgeous it makes me want to cry. Mao is the only skater since Michelle Kwan who has made me feel like that while watching her...just breathtakingly beautiful. I love her so much and I'm so proud of her. Well done Mao!

Akiko has had better performances but she didn't give up. I'm so glad she's going to worlds this year and I really think she has a great shot at the podium. Despite her mistakes, she still won the FS and, had she not had such a tough time in the SP, she would have won the title. I've always thought she was a wonderful skater and a superb performer and I'm just glad the judges are finally noticing that. I wish her the best of luck heading into worlds.

I'm very happy for Kanako. She had such a breakout season last year but she's been struggling a lot this year. She nailed that SP and did a good job in the FS. That fall on the footwork was so weird! After the performance you could tell how embarrassed she was and Machiko's face when she finished was priceless! I'm glad she made the team again too. She's grown so much in terms of her expression and relation to the music and I just love her speed. Kanako's exhibition was very lovely as well. You can really see her maturity and growth in that performance and she does such a good job of carrying that music and letting it build. Wonderful exhibition from her; she really created a moment there and it was beautiful.

I thought Risa Shoji's FS was very good. I didn't check the protocols so I'm assuming she ended up with a few < calls or something, but from what I saw, she nailed that. I really love that program and her style of skating.

Well, Japan has a very strong team heading into worlds. I think both Mao and Akiko could make the podium this year and if Kanako can get that 3t-3t solid, she has a great shot at a top 4-6 finish.

Now I'm waiting for US and Russian nationals! I REALLY hope someone posts video of Russian nationals; that's going to be one helluva dog fight for those three spots, for both senior and junior worlds!

Quote Originally Posted by ayayukiituka View Post
    I doubt both Liza and Adelina goes to JW. I read an article saying they participate in youth Olympics. Besides,Adelina already has JW title,so I guess that doesn't have any benefit for her. Liza may take part in it though.
    But why would she not go to JW? I don't think she would be against a second title. It would be strange if she wouldn't go to JW when she can't go to seniors and where she could get more experience and another medal.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I m just catching up with ladies and I m beyond words about Mao's performances. I dont know how she could do it but it looks to me fs athletes are a special kind, I dont know how she found the strength, same as Rochette.
    And I agree her gala is magical.
    This is the best world teams, men and ladies, i could ask for.

Custom Title
    Both Sotnikova and Tuktamisheva can't be the favorites at junior worlds. 3Lz-3Lo or 3Lz-3T are not allowed in the SP. They don't have any advantages against THE favorite who is extremely consistent.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    Both Sotnikova and Tuktamisheva can't be the favorites at junior worlds. 3Lz-3Lo or 3Lz-3T are not allowed in the SP. They don't have any advantages against THE favorite who is extremely consistent.
    Both Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva are capable of 3-3s other than 3lz-3t/3lp. Both are capable of 3f-3t/3lp, which would put them ahead of Julia who does a 3t-3t. Liza T has been very consistent with her 3-3 this year and if Adelina gets to scrap the lutz from her combo her rate of success will go up. The only area Julia holds an edge in is spins because of her unique flexibility; Liza T has better technique than Julia and Adelina is faster and jumps bigger.

Being that Adelina and Liza T are the reigning junior world gold and silver medalists and that both had success on the GP this year (Liza T winning both of her events and Adelina medaling at both of hers), both will come in as serious contenders with senior level experience which will help them in the eyes of the judges. I think Julia is the favorite for gold judging from her success on the JGP but to be fair, she wasn't challenged nearly as much as Adelina and Liza T were last year on the JGP. I'm almost positive the Russians will sweep the podium this year.

I'd predict Liza T, Julia and Adelina go 1-2-3 at junior worlds...unless Adelina gets herself together in which case I see it going Adelina, Liza T, Julia...either way if all of them make it to the competition, it will more than likely be some combination of the three.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast