Japanese Nationals - Ladies | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Japanese Nationals - Ladies

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I completely understand. I was just answering you when you asked about how many times Chan won with 3 or 4 falls. But to put an end to this, I will say that Chan did win once with 4 falls. It was at Skate Canada in 2010. But he won by 3 points, not 10. Just saying. ;)

I concur.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I completely understand. I was just answering you when you asked about how many times Chan won with 3 or 4 falls. But to put an end to this, I will say that Chan did win once with 4 falls. It was at Skate Canada in 2010. But he won by 3 points, not 10. Just saying. ;)

Perhaps my "winning by 10+ points" comment threw SkateFiguring off a bit. I apologize. I didn't mean to offend Mr. Chan...but he has won several competitions with multiple falls/mistakes...maybe not by 10+ points as DianaSelene pointed out but he wins...I don't get how, but he does. ;)

My response to Volk's question (why Kanako isn't receiving any recognition in PCS from the judges for her artistic improvements) was merely an example (albeit an exaggerated one) regarding the lopsided, unfair, biased and sometimes complete ******** scoring that this sport is prone to. Certain skaters tend to get a pass from the judges based on reputation while others get shafted due to a lack of reputation or interest.

I point to Akiko Suzuki as a main example. Despite her dynamic programs, wonderful interpretation, outstanding performance level and solid technical content, Akiko rarely received the PCS scores she deserved -- her low PCS held her down. This year her PCS in the SP have gone from an average of 27 to about 30-31 points. Her LP PCS have gone from about 55 to 60...those points make a lot of difference and are the deciding factor when it comes to placements.

Maybe it's a matter of preference or opinion, but I think Kanako has grown artistically this year. Perhaps her technical problems have clouded the judges eyes which is why she's not seeing an improvement in her PCS. For most skaters a bad skate equals lower PCS; that's not the case for everyone though. Some skaters can get away with multiple mistakes and yet see no reflection of those mistakes anywhere in the second mark. That's a flaw in the system IMO...

BUT as someone pointed out, this is about the Japanese ladies so I'll save the crappy judging critiques for another thread. Back OT, I think if Kanako skates at worlds like she did at nationals (minus the silly fall :p) the judges should score her well. Of course what they should do is rarely what they do do, so we'll have to wait to see what happens with that.

Last edited by a moderator: