Who are the legendary coaches? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who are the legendary coaches?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Is there a smiling photo of Mishin, LOL?? There must be one from when his son Evgeni won in Torino. Well, he will be smiling a lot with Zhenya and Liza i am guessing. I hope he can be happy for the process of his skaters and not just the placements.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Is there a smiling photo of Mishin, LOL?? There must be one from when his son Evgeni won in Torino. Well, he will be smiling a lot with Zhenya and Liza i am guessing. I hope he can be happy for the process of his skaters and not just the placements.

Lol, your post brought to mind a recent competiton where he was showing off a stuffed animal of a red bird with an angry scowl, putting it up next to his face and kind of laughing. :laugh: I think it was while he was in the K&C with Elizaveta this past season, one of her competitions. Ever since then I've noticed this same bird at my local Walgreens. :biggrin: And have decided I'll buy one and throw it to him when next I attend one of his competitions wherein one of his students is skating. :)^)

ps: I wouldn't worry about Mr. Mishin not being happy with the process instead of just the result. He's been in the business so long I'm sure he enjoys the process more than anything else. Just take a look at Professor Mishin's Scientific Laboratory: http://mishinlab.ru/ :cool:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Yeah, that's it! Lol, I dub him "Mishin" whenever I see him now, and everybody just looks at me befuddled. :biggrin:

I love it--his son Evgeni. I bet both he and Plushenko would agree with that description. One of the things that is most endearing about Plushenko is his loyalty to Mishin. Plushy remembers where he came from and who helped him reach his current status.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Well, Of course ! I meant the video of Mishin and Moskvina. And anyone named Buttercup MUST be adorable as well, yes?