Starting orders are up! | Golden Skate

Starting orders are up!

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
Jessica Dube is skating in singles? Cool.
I hope Kevin Reynolds does really well(like 2nd place) and makes it to Worlds.
Canada got 3 spots, right?

colleen o'neill

Medalist
That doesn't necessarily mean anything different from what we already knew. As recently as the JGPF she was in the group photos Aldrige and Eaton posted of the skaters at their club , right along with P/B, W/P, H/D and the whole gang ...It may just be that she doesn't have a partner ( officially ?). CBC's explanation of why she's not there... Or am I clutching at straws ?

I don't always trust CBC's way with words. Wish we had some other clarification.

Last edited:

heyhey

On the Ice
That doesn't necessarily mean anything different from what we already knew. As recently as the JGPF she was in the group photos Aldrige and Eaton posted of the skaters at their club , right along with P/B, W/P, H/D and the whole gang ...It may just be that she doesn't have a partner ( officially ?). CBC's explanation of why she's not there... Or am I clutching at straws ?

I don't always trust CBC's way with words. Wish we had some other clarification.

Well it will be interesting to see how both CTV/TSN and CBC "spin" the dance teams this year and what they will say about Vanessa Crone. I am still bummed that she has yet to find a partner and that Keiffer Hubbell was not released by the USFSA to Canada. The third spot will be heavily contested between Ralph/Hill, Paul/Islam and Gilles/Poirier...I hope there is not ridiculous politicking going on since the 3rd team does get to go to Worlds (however I believe if Gilles/Poirier do end third - that they will not be eligible for international comps this year). Can't wait for the competition and hopefully I won't be rolling my eyes too much at the "spins" that the commentators will throw at us...

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:biggrin:..oh , I suspect we will be...:rolleye::rolleye::rolleye:..I'm practicing...

(and I'm still holding onto hope for Keiffer in 2012..)

Last edited:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
They kind of have to say Crone is retired FOR NOW I think. They can't say Paul dumped her, or she dumped him, or whatever. That would look so bad.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
They could have said she's not competing this year.. and let's face it, she was dumped ... Why should the ones who did the dumping get extra cover ? They could have just said 'This year, he has a new partner..' That's ok , they don't have to heap blame on him..but to say she's retired implies that she decided to quit , which left him to search for a new partner.

It goes beyond just not putting blame on him , it puts blame on her by implication .

Last edited:

veravina

Rinkside
They could have said she's not competing this year.. and let's face it, she was dumped ... Why should the ones who did the dumping get extra cover ? They could have just said 'This year, he has a new partner..' That's ok , they don't have to heap blame on him..but to say she's retired implies that she decided to quit , which left him to search for a new partner.

It goes beyond just not putting blame on him , it puts blame on her by implication .

I completely agree and am glad someone isn't afraid to say it. I've been waiting all season for Tracey Wilson to say something - anything - about the C&P split given that they're Canadian champions - and nada. Instead all I hear is about the horrible luck that W&P have had always losing by a hair. I'm assuming that Vanessa was just on the wrong side of the political machine. I really liked her skating and was so looking forward to watching her improve. I hope she finds a partner.

ajjcanada

Rinkside
I think I missed some info along the line - did Vanessa try out with Keiffer? I know in September at least she was definitely looking for a partner, but no luck I guess - I am sure it would be well announced. Although I would think she would want to find another centre to work out of - can't imagine staying in Scarborough? Can we say awkward....

About Skatebuzz - is it just me or are we going to get all the juniors and novice but none of the lower-ranked seniors? I'm really hating this CTV/TSN deal - bad enough I have to listen to Ron Black, but then only half the seniors, or whoever they decide to play on CTV? :mad:

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Cynthia is 4th behind Osmond, Najarro, and Lacoste...