5. Katarina Gerboldt/Alexander Enbert 56.67
    6. Tatiana Novik/Andrei Novoselov 54.09
    7. Vasilisa Davankova/Andrei Deputat 53.32
    8. Ekaterina Petaykina/Maxim Kurdyukov 51.25
    9. Tatiana Tudvaseva/Sergey Lisiev 49.00
    10. Oksana Nagalaty/Konstantin Bezmaternikh 45.34
    11. Maria Vygalova /Egor Zakroev 42.90
    12. Yana Volkova/Alexei Petryanin 33.08
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 12-25-2011 at 09:53 AM.

Custom Title
    OMG, thanks to poster snowflake I saw the interviews of the top couple at this link (without problems, clarity is exceptional): http://tvali.eu/gadget.php?channel=70954

I just wish I knew what they were saying, lol.

ps: Tatiana Tarasova looks GORGEOUS, her weight loss has done wonders for her, didn't even recognize her at first.

Custom Title
    I'm soooo happy for Martiusheva/Rogonov! they're one of my favourite pair, I hope they'll win medal here!
    Iliushechkina/Maisuradze
    Step out and hands down on 3T by her, throw was two-footed, good triple twist, great lift, nice pair spin when she’s doing pearl position. They seemed a little slow to me today.

Martiusheva/Rogonov
    3 salchow – clean!, 3 twist with hands above head,3 Flip she touched the ice with one hand, nice positions in pair spin, difficult change of positions in lift, her positions are really unique. Wow, finally clean skate by this beautiful couple! They’re happy.

Davankova/Deputat
    Huge 3loop, high 3 twist, 3toeloops – he stepped out, slow lift. Nice skate. She’s so young, only 13.

Volkova/Petryanin
    Oh, that was quite painful. Execution of the elements was really bad but you can see that they’re trying really hard. They were trying some interesting transitions before every element. She looked devasted. I feel sorry for them :(
    I missed Petyakin/Kordiukov

Bazarova/Larionov
    3T- clean, 3 twist – great high like always, clean throw, great death spiral with nice exit, pair spin, lift with interesting entry and exit. Her posture is perfect. Great, clean skate. They’re on the way for their first national title!

Gerboldt/Enbert
    3T – she messed up, crash on 3twist, nice throw 3loop, lift with one hand exit. They’re always joy to watch, even with mistakes. She’s beautiful and so expressive.

Vygalova/Zakroev
    Oh, she so cute, tiny cookie! Only 12! Twist, sbs 2axels, fall on the throw, lift – she’s doing the split, pair spin looks strange – she’s sooo small. She seems to be disappointed but she did a good job!

Stolbova/Klimov
    Only 2twist, throw 3flip – she touched the ice, nice, fast sbs 3T, interesting step sequence, lift with nice entry. I love their originality, they’re trying to be different. I remember once they said that their idols were Savchenko/Szolkowy
    I missed Nagalatyi/Bezmaternykh

Tudvaseva/Lisyev
    Oh, they’re cute. Audience is clapping for them. Nice 3 twist, clean sbs 2 axels, throw 3 loop – two-footed, step sequence is fun to watch, audience clapping for them again.

Novik/Novoselov
    Commentator said that she grew 16 cm last year! She’s still training with Nina Mozer. Clean 2 twist, they both messed up sbs jumps, clean throw jump, lift - very nice interesting position.
    Last edited by aniela; 12-25-2011 at 09:58 AM.

Vera BAZAROVA / Yuri LARIONOV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI-f5...hZ2pqgR9UHo-wP

Anastasia MARTIUSHEVA / Alexei ROGONOV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUbLm...hZ2pqgR9UHo-wP

Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylrvu...b1wHaPAsmGz450

Lubov ILIUSHECHKINA / Nodari MAISURADZE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2QnO...YvtuOkcyLvbnen

Katarina GERBOLDT / Alexander ENBERT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peTAB...phKLo_wO_w1V_n
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 12-25-2011 at 10:39 AM.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Lubov ILIUSHECHKINA / Nodari MAISURADZE had an interview and she doesnt seem happy at all "(

Custom Title
    The ladies' tights are so tiny that when they are in lift positions it's obscene. Even Kostner gets better coverage than that.

I am impressed by Davankova/Deputat. There is a girl who can actually jump and she does it consistently. They were in two or three other competitions in Russia a few weeks ago and almost all of their jumps were clean.

Custom Title
    The couple in second place screams Russian old school pair skating at it's best. They are absolutely lovely, dear God, give her some consistent jumps!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    I am impressed by Davankova/Deputat. There is a girl who can actually jump and she does it consistently. They were in two or three other competitions in Russia a few weeks ago and almost all of their jumps were clean.
    Me too. And the throw and twist were huge! I hope they go to Junior Worlds, they could medal there.

B/L and M/R were great.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    The couple in second place screams Russian old school pair skating at it's best. They are absolutely lovely, dear God, give her some consistent jumps!!!
    Oh yes! That's exactly what I love in pair skating. Beautiful lines, posture, they are lovely! Nastya landed 3S today, very good! Last season they were painful to watch, but now it seems they are back Good luck with LP!
    I admire Bazarova and Larionov for their hard work and big improvement. Her posture is perfect, high quality of the elements. And this 3T was the best I've ever seen from them They are going for their first National title!
    I also liked Stolbova/Klimov, good jumps and creative program. And Davankova/Deputat are lovely! Hope to see them at Junior Worlds this season

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    Oh yes! That's exactly what I love in pair skating. Beautiful lines, posture, they are lovely! Nastya landed 3S today, very good! Last season they were painful to watch, but now it seems they are back Good luck with LP!
    I admire Bazarova and Larionov for their hard work and big improvement. Her posture is perfect, high quality of the elements. And this 3T was the best I've ever seen from them They are going for their first National title!
    I also liked Stolbova/Klimov, good jumps and creative program. And Davankova/Deputat are lovely! Hope to see them at Junior Worlds this season
    Can they go to junior worlds? She is 13 and he is 19. If they can, it would be great but I wonder if the figure skating federation would send them.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    Can they go to junior worlds? She is 13 and he is 19. If they can, it would be great but I wonder if the figure skating federation would send them.
    Yes, they are eligible. If they perform at Junior Nationals like they have all season, I don't see how Russia can keep them off the JW team. They finished higher in the SP here than the two Russian teams in the JGPF (Tudvaseva/Liseev and Petaykina/Kurdyukov)

Custom Title
    I don't seem to be as impressed with many of the teams as everyone else.

B/L did good (as would be expected) as they should have no pressure in winning, with the top two teams not even being there. B/L may have landed their jumps today but tomorrow may be different. S/K performed better so hopefully she is on the mend and the free skate won't be as bad for her as the Cup of Russia. G/E need to retire, he is not good enough to carry her and with her age and skating skills-being a top pair will be difficult to reach at this stage. But they would make great pro skaters. I/M did okay but not great I hope the free will be better. M/R looked great but it's only one short program, I'm not even going to crown them as the next big thing until she at least has a season of consistency under her belt.

All in all, I really miss seeing the top two pair and can't wait until Euros.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast