8. Ekaterina Petaykina/Maxim Kurdyukov 51.25
9. Tatiana Tudvaseva/Sergey Lisiev 49.00
10. Oksana Nagalaty/Konstantin Bezmaternikh 45.34
11. Maria Vygalova /Egor Zakroev 42.90
12. Yana Volkova/Alexei Petryanin 33.08

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
OMG, thanks to poster snowflake I saw the interviews of the top couple at this link (without problems, clarity is exceptional): http://tvali.eu/gadget.php?channel=70954

I just wish I knew what they were saying, lol. :laugh:

ps: Tatiana Tarasova looks GORGEOUS, her weight loss has done wonders for her, didn't even recognize her at first. :cool:

aniela

On the Ice
I'm soooo happy for Martiusheva/Rogonov! they're one of my favourite pair, I hope they'll win medal here!
Iliushechkina/Maisuradze
Step out and hands down on 3T by her, throw was two-footed, good triple twist, great lift, nice pair spin when she’s doing pearl position. They seemed a little slow to me today.

Martiusheva/Rogonov
3 salchow – clean!, 3 twist with hands above head,3 Flip she touched the ice with one hand, nice positions in pair spin, difficult change of positions in lift, her positions are really unique. Wow, finally clean skate by this beautiful couple! They’re happy.

Davankova/Deputat
Huge 3loop, high 3 twist, 3toeloops – he stepped out, slow lift. Nice skate. She’s so young, only 13.

Volkova/Petryanin
Oh, that was quite painful. Execution of the elements was really bad but you can see that they’re trying really hard. They were trying some interesting transitions before every element. She looked devasted. I feel sorry for them :(
I missed Petyakin/Kordiukov

Bazarova/Larionov
3T- clean, 3 twist – great high like always, clean throw, great death spiral with nice exit, pair spin, lift with interesting entry and exit. Her posture is perfect. Great, clean skate. They’re on the way for their first national title!

Gerboldt/Enbert
3T – she messed up, crash on 3twist, nice throw 3loop, lift with one hand exit. They’re always joy to watch, even with mistakes. She’s beautiful and so expressive.

Vygalova/Zakroev
Oh, she so cute, tiny cookie! Only 12! Twist, sbs 2axels, fall on the throw, lift – she’s doing the split, pair spin looks strange – she’s sooo small. She seems to be disappointed but she did a good job!

Stolbova/Klimov
Only 2twist, throw 3flip – she touched the ice, nice, fast sbs 3T, interesting step sequence, lift with nice entry. I love their originality, they’re trying to be different. I remember once they said that their idols were Savchenko/Szolkowy ;)
I missed Nagalatyi/Bezmaternykh

Tudvaseva/Lisyev
Oh, they’re cute. Audience is clapping for them. Nice 3 twist, clean sbs 2 axels, throw 3 loop – two-footed, step sequence is fun to watch, audience clapping for them again.

Novik/Novoselov
Commentator said that she grew 16 cm last year! :eek: She’s still training with Nina Mozer. Clean 2 twist, they both messed up sbs jumps, clean throw jump, lift - very nice interesting position.

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Lubov ILIUSHECHKINA / Nodari MAISURADZE had an interview and she doesnt seem happy at all "(

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The ladies' tights are so tiny that when they are in lift positions it's obscene. Even Kostner gets better coverage than that.

DianaSelene

Medalist
I am impressed by Davankova/Deputat. There is a girl who can actually jump and she does it consistently. They were in two or three other competitions in Russia a few weeks ago and almost all of their jumps were clean.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
The couple in second place screams Russian old school pair skating at it's best. They are absolutely lovely, dear God, give her some consistent jumps!!!

oleada

Record Breaker
I am impressed by Davankova/Deputat. There is a girl who can actually jump and she does it consistently. They were in two or three other competitions in Russia a few weeks ago and almost all of their jumps were clean.

Me too. And the throw and twist were huge! I hope they go to Junior Worlds, they could medal there.

B/L and M/R were great.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
The couple in second place screams Russian old school pair skating at it's best. They are absolutely lovely, dear God, give her some consistent jumps!!!
Oh yes! That's exactly what I love in pair skating. Beautiful lines, posture, they are lovely! Nastya landed 3S today, very good! Last season they were painful to watch, but now it seems they are back :) Good luck with LP!
I admire Bazarova and Larionov for their hard work and big improvement. Her posture is perfect, high quality of the elements. And this 3T was the best I've ever seen from them :) They are going for their first National title!
I also liked Stolbova/Klimov, good jumps and creative program. And Davankova/Deputat are lovely! Hope to see them at Junior Worlds this season :)

DianaSelene

Medalist
Oh yes! That's exactly what I love in pair skating. Beautiful lines, posture, they are lovely! Nastya landed 3S today, very good! Last season they were painful to watch, but now it seems they are back :) Good luck with LP!
I admire Bazarova and Larionov for their hard work and big improvement. Her posture is perfect, high quality of the elements. And this 3T was the best I've ever seen from them :) They are going for their first National title!
I also liked Stolbova/Klimov, good jumps and creative program. And Davankova/Deputat are lovely! Hope to see them at Junior Worlds this season :)

Can they go to junior worlds? She is 13 and he is 19. If they can, it would be great but I wonder if the figure skating federation would send them.

oleada

Record Breaker
Can they go to junior worlds? She is 13 and he is 19. If they can, it would be great but I wonder if the figure skating federation would send them.

Yes, they are eligible. If they perform at Junior Nationals like they have all season, I don't see how Russia can keep them off the JW team. They finished higher in the SP here than the two Russian teams in the JGPF (Tudvaseva/Liseev and Petaykina/Kurdyukov)

mousepotato

On the Ice
I don't seem to be as impressed with many of the teams as everyone else.

B/L did good (as would be expected) as they should have no pressure in winning, with the top two teams not even being there. B/L may have landed their jumps today but tomorrow may be different. S/K performed better so hopefully she is on the mend and the free skate won't be as bad for her as the Cup of Russia. G/E need to retire, he is not good enough to carry her and with her age and skating skills-being a top pair will be difficult to reach at this stage. But they would make great pro skaters. I/M did okay but not great I hope the free will be better. M/R looked great but it's only one short program, I'm not even going to crown them as the next big thing until she at least has a season of consistency under her belt.

All in all, I really miss seeing the top two pair and can't wait until Euros.

mousepotato

On the Ice
Martiusheva/Rogonov
3 salchow – clean!, 3 twist with hands above head,3 Flip she touched the ice with one hand, nice positions in pair spin, difficult change of positions in lift, her positions are really unique. Wow, finally clean skate by this beautiful couple! They’re happy.

Very nice twist but her hands weren't above her head.

DianaSelene

Medalist
I don't seem to be as impressed with many of the teams as everyone else.

B/L did good (as would be expected) as they should have no pressure in winning, with the top two teams not even being there. B/L may have landed their jumps today but tomorrow may be different. S/K performed better so hopefully she is on the mend and the free skate won't be as bad for her as the Cup of Russia. G/E need to retire, he is not good enough to carry her and with her age and skating skills-being a top pair will be difficult to reach at this stage. But they would make great pro skaters. I/M did okay but not great I hope the free will be better. M/R looked great but it's only one short program, I'm not even going to crown them as the next big thing until she at least has a season of consistency under her belt.

All in all, I really miss seeing the top two pair and can't wait until Euros.

With Gerboldt's age and skating skills? What? :unsure: She is 22 years old. I didn't know that today she is too old and her skating skills are so bad. I think that a certain pair won Vancouver when they were in their thirties. Trankov is in his late twenties right now and isn't Savchenko 27 and Szolkowy 32? Some pairs in the past did not show any good skating or results at 22 but later became great pairs. Learning and experience. I don't know what will happen with this pair but you can't write them off so soon.

Macassar88

Medalist
Woot first time B/L actually did synchronized SBS jumps 3T's!!
I love the entrance to the death spiral as well.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Woot first time B/L actually did synchronized SBS jumps 3T's!!
I love the entrance to the death spiral as well.

I agree :) I was just going to comment that B/L's unison has improved a LOT since I last saw them. I also very much enjoyed their lift which I found to be both extremely difficulty and very beautiful, a combination I think a lot of pairs lack. I also really appreciated their connection which I also feel has improved- though I would never compare them to G&G at this stage I felt how she would look at him sometimes was slightly reminiscent of Katia and for me provided a striking contrast to M/R, who I saw second and who looked at each other maybe twice throughout the program. I am eager to see more from them though- they definitely have all of the tools to be the next great figure skating pair if she can become more consistent as others have already commented on.

I also am missing the top two pairs, but overall I was happy to get to see these programs.

Finally, I absolutely LOVED S/K's step sequence. I'm excited for tomorrow.