Men Competiton | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Men Competiton

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lol so true, Mirunna, so true. :cool:

Now I'm just waiting for some kind poster to post a link to his FS. After Zhan Bush, absolutely NONE of those 11 links worked (click on them but nothing came up, totally crashed).

Nadine

Record Breaker
ps: I cannot wait to see that MOVIE STAR costume I only got a glimpse of during practice. :yay:

Artur was very, very robbed!!!!! Russian judges have no shame to award Plushenko's programs, worst he ever had, those marks. :eek:
Why did Evgeni drop Zhulin's program, it was great!!!!!???????? :disapp:

Stamina issues probably.

havefun

Rinkside
With all due respect Plushenko was gifted. Jump landings ok. Rotation good. No edges in his crossovers and nothing between elements except showboating. I don't understand that the russian federation are encouraging this type of skating by their men ??? Plushy needs to work on PCS. It is more important this season than ever.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
The program was a bit empty but the music had some nice accents. His 3A is as good as it can get. Nobody does it better than him

sigrid

On the Ice
Seriously 93 points in PCS? Cannot.stop.laughing.
I'm finding the PCS scores in these Russian Nats utterly hilarious

Florian

On the Ice
Country
Germany
The first three ranks just the way I predicted them. Of course, the scores, especially for Plushchenko, are very optimistic. Glad for Voronov. And I liked Bariev a lot.

ciocio

On the Ice
Stamina issues probably.

I don't think so, they could changed some stuff if the program was too demanding, but he simply dropped it!!!! He said in an interview he wasn't "feeling" it or something like that. Huuuggeee mistake!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^

exactly, same goes for any country with its comeback icons/stars
but I agree, Zhenya needs more time and improvement for PCS , but given its his first competition
maybe he opt not to have everything yet, he did say he is still needs to work on improvements and has a lot of catching up to do with the young ones. lol

With all due respect Plushenko was gifted. Jump landings ok. Rotation good. No edges in his crossovers and nothing between elements except showboating. I don't understand that the russian federation are encouraging this type of skating by their men ??? Plushy needs to work on PCS. It is more important this season than ever.

It will be interesting to see what the international judges will do with this.

I'd leave a gigantic gap on the PCS between Plushenko and skaters like Chan, Takahashi or Abbott, who have much more complex programs and much more relation to the music.

That will surely not happen.

But what will?

Will they mark him equally with them? Or only a little lower (like in Vancouver)?

I'm sure that Plushenko would have skated Zhulin's program (or another more complex program) if he was capable of that. But he's only recently returned after injury, he hasn't trained competitively for a long time, his stamina is surely nowhere near good enough to allow that (why else would he have skated an empty program, given the criticism he has faced in the past on the PCS front).

He won't have much competition at Euros though, given how inconsistent Joubert and Amodio have been of late (well in case of Joubert, before his injury, he's only competed once this season).

The program was a bit empty but the music had some nice accents.

But you reward what the skater does and not the music. ;)

His 3A is as good as it can get. Nobody does it better than him

Hanyu does. From very difficult entries too (right off a choctaw IIRC and right off a spread eagle).

Last edited:

TelmoFe

Rinkside
Plushenko's program was totally empty. Basic choreography, no transitions, skated right through the music.

His jump technique is incredible and he can still land his stuff but as far as PCS go, this is even less of an effort than his Vancouver programs.

I agree... the sp is basic too and so 90´s and in the step sequence he looks like crazy. I don't like.

Brenda

On the Ice
^

exactly, same goes for any country with its comeback icons/stars
but I agree, Zhenya needs more time and improvement for PCS , but given its his first competition
maybe he opt not to have everything yet, he did say he is still needs to work on improvements and has a lot of catching up to do with the young ones. lol

Too bad Russian judges aren't giving him that message...with those PCS scores they're basically saying he's miles ahead of everyone else...

on the other hand, Artur's program was choreographically much better balanced/laid out from the very beginning, but he skated it badly on the GP and at times seemd to be going through the movements...international judges dinged him in PCS and now he's worked really hard on it. Now mid-season Artur's program is very smooth and he really seemed to get into the vampire/demon character he's supposed to be portraying, taking time with the choreographic accents and all...and unfortunately Russian judges are scoring him far below Plushenko's brand new program...

Buttercup

Record Breaker
He won't have much competition at Euros though, given how inconsistent Joubert and Amodio have been of late (well in case of Joubert, before his injury, he's only competed once this season).
Fernandez has been getting LP scores in the 160s though, and isn't that the equivalent of about 190 at Russian Nats? :laugh: Whether he can handle the pressure as a (the?) favorite is another matter.

There's also the Czech guys, and possibly Gachinski - and Joubert is a wildcard, considering his lack of international appearances so far this season and the injury issues. There's no telling what kind of shape he'll show up in, physically or mentally.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Come On Get Happy Lyrics

Hello world here's a song that we're singing
Come on get happy
A whole lotta lovin' is what we'll be bringing
We'll make you happy

Travelin' along there's a song that we're singin'
Come on get happy
A whole lotta lovin' is what we'll be bringin'
We'll make you happy
We'll make you happy

We had a dream we'd go travelin' together
And spread a little lovin', then we keep moving on
Something always happens whenever we're together
We get a happy feeling when we're singing a song

Trav'lin' along, here's a song that we're singing
Come on get happy
A whole lotta lovin' is what we'll be bringing
We'll make you happy
Come on get happy

This has been an absolutely MARVELOUS day! Thanks everybody for your contributions/posts/links/et al. What a day, ahhh, gorgeous Christmas, everything perfect. :love:

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE ~ ENJOY! :thumbsup: SING OUT!!!!! :)^D

seniorita

Record Breaker
Ugh, I lost the competition..and the ladies. I suppose Elisaveta kept the RN sp trend and Adelina and Julia rocked it!
Plushy and Arthur , yey!
I wish Bush instead of Voronov too, I hope somehow he is sent to Euros. There are no video of men, why?

Arthur program is much much better than the Gp season. Elegant costume also!
And i like Plushy new jump sequence and the 3 combo! SPins are slow but he has new, thats something to learn at that age.

Last edited: