Men Competiton | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Men Competiton

Nadine

Record Breaker
Ahhh, I love how after the program is skated, Zhenya goes over to his long-time friend & coach, Mr. Mishin, and places a kiss on him. :bow: :love:

It reminds me of that famous picture where Mishin is sitting down in a chair and behind him are Alexei Urmanov, Alexei Yagudin, and Evgeni Plushenko. All Olympic Champions, and all coached by the legendary Mishin. It doesn't get any better than that. :cool:

Nadine

Record Breaker
HOLY COW, he honestly looks like a drop dead movie star! :cool: :love: I wish the camera would get a close up b/c I think there's different colors in there. He literally shines from a mile away, you can't miss him, nobody can!!!!! :points: :rock:

Nadine

Record Breaker
I'm just accepting of the fact that it's a given I won't be able to watch Zhenya skate without interruptions/glitches/static/et al. My feed is horrible, though I AM grateful I at least get something.. Anything is a good thing imho. :)

I guess Menshov didn't do good, judging by his expression. :(

Nadine

Record Breaker
Total static, but what I did see of Zhan Bush's skate was pretty good, with just a few turnouts? Hope my transmission comes back on. *crossing fingers*

Nadine

Record Breaker
Anybody getting anything? :confused: If so, please give those of us without transmission a play-by-play. Thanks! :love:

Nadine

Record Breaker
I'm getting really ill not knowing what's going!?! :eek: :confused: I keep clicking on ALL 11 of those links trying to get transmission without success. The only thing that works is the scores on the ISU site. But I'm worried a bit b/c Zhenya's TES is 3 pts. lower than the guy behind him...

Nadine

Record Breaker
Seriously, I feel like vomiting (already have a slight flu). Not knowing is the worst thing in the world. :cry: WHAT'S HAPPENING!?! :confused2:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
He landed 4T, 3A-3T, 3A, 3L,3S-2A Seq, 2A, doubled the 3Lz and 3Lz(step out)-2T-2L

Last edited:
Plushenko's program was totally empty. Basic choreography, no transitions, skated right through the music.

His jump technique is incredible and he can still land his stuff but as far as PCS go, this is even less of an effort than his Vancouver programs.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Thanks so very much, Mirunna, for the info. :love: Just not knowing what's going on is the worst thing in the world....

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I'll just have to watch for Zhenya's video by other means now , streaming has totally stopped
Bush or Dimitriev Jr. would be better for Euros /Worlds, don't send Voronov pls.

ciocio

On the Ice
Artur was very, very robbed!!!!! Russian judges have no shame to award Plushenko's programs, worst he ever had, those marks. :eek:
Why did Evgeni drop Zhulin's program, it was great!!!!!???????? :disapp:

Nadine

Record Breaker
OMG, ZHENYA DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love:

I was praying and acting like a spazz while looking at the ISU site for scores. I thought I was going to faint. Seriously. Thank goodness I'm not skating, I couldn't handle it, honestly.

:bow:ALL BOW DOWN TO THE ONE & ONLY KING OF FIGURE SKATING ~ MR. EVGENI PLUSHENKO!!!!!!!!:bow: HIS 9TH NATIONAL TITLE! :cool:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Good job Plushy! Not his best, but considering all his health issues it was amazing. Plushy could land a quad with a broken leg. Seriously, he is amazing