Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Men Competiton

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I thought Plushenko's performance was great. If he had better music (especially in the short program) his choreography, etc., would seem better.
    What Choreography? Except for posing and arm flinging it was non-existent. Oh yeah he blew a kiss to.

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Ahhh, I love how after the program is skated, Zhenya goes over to his long-time friend & coach, Mr. Mishin, and places a kiss on him.

It reminds me of that famous picture where Mishin is sitting down in a chair and behind him are Alexei Urmanov, Alexei Yagudin, and Evgeni Plushenko. All Olympic Champions, and all coached by the legendary Mishin. It doesn't get any better than that.
    I don't think I've ever seen that pic. Any chance you have a link?
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by enlight78 View Post
    What Choreography? Except for posing and arm flinging it was non-existent. Oh yeah he blew a kiss to.
    If done to better music, the posing, arm-flinging and kiss-blowing would seem like better choreography than the same program skating to unhelpful music. JMO.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    If done to better music, the posing, arm-flinging and kiss-blowing would seem like better choreography than the same program skating to unhelpful music. JMO.

It makes sense to find helpful music to fit the skating/choroeography.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aemeraldrainc View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen that pic. Any chance you have a link?
    Thanks in advance.
    Hi, here's one pic, but it's not the one I'm thinking of, which was posted on a fan board some time ago IIRC: http://mishinlab.ru/mishin_photos.htm (btw there are also pics of a very young Artur Gashinski as a child; posted under TOMORROW).

And I finally had the chance to see Zhenya's FS in beautiful HQ. My first visceral gut reaction was "very very good", enjoyed it way better than his SP, especially the footwork sequence where he's doing these beautiful gorgeous Mazurka/half-Axel type jumps in the air, he loves to Fly! That section I watched at least twice because I loved it so much. I can eventually see this becoming a Masterpiece just like "Tribute to Nijinsky". Right now it's at the mid-way stage, sketch, not finished (the way "Nijinsky" was at the very beginning). Tons of promise in there. I'm hopeful.

ps: and I also like Zhenya's new appearance, the unshaven look, with his hair styled differently.

Custom Title
    Addendum: the link I posted up above doesn't go directly to the picture, it's posted under TODAY, just scroll to it and you will find Mr. Mishin sitting down surrounded by all three Olympics Champions, ENJOY!

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 12-26-2011 at 10:39 PM.

Custom Title
    I have tremendous respect for Plush and I am happy to see him back in action, he adds drama to the event. However, even if he were to skate this program clean at worlds and assuming that everyone else does the same thing I don't see him winning. Chan, Dai, Jeremy have far better interesting programs.

nm

Custom Title
    Lol, Plushenko getting a 90+ in PCS. I'm sure that the Russian Federation is protecting him by not sending the message to the ISU to judge him according to the rules. However, I'm sure some judges, particularly the North Amercians, will not buy it in ISU championships.

One more thing, is it just me or are the Russian Nationals an exhibition of the ugliest and most distracting costumes in skating?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterB View Post
    I have tremendous respect for Plush and I am happy to see him back in action, he adds drama to the event. However, even if he were to skate this program clean at worlds and assuming that everyone else does the same thing I don't see him winning. Chan, Dai, Jeremy have far better interesting programs.
    I agree and that would be the right thing to do.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Protocols..
    Oh I m sorry for the images yesterday but pages would not appear otherwise. I did the same yesterday at first and wrote only the.jpg links without [Url] but if you click on each link this way the image is very very small without zoom.

Congratulations to Plushenko, well done!

Congrats to Artur and Voronov!
    Last edited by demarinis5; 12-27-2011 at 07:27 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Plushenko's program was totally empty. Basic choreography, no transitions, skated right through the music.

His jump technique is incredible and he can still land his stuff but as far as PCS go, this is even less of an effort than his Vancouver programs.
    I love how Plush once again pissed some people off. Oh, that old man should be resting in piece, getting cash from shows, or at least whining about stomachache that prevents him from competing. And no, he is HERE I AM! The fact is clear: he is doing what no one could do before him (will be able to do after ?). It might provoke the feeling of unsatisfactory self-realization in somes. Well, I'll leave conclusions to shrinks.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast