Men Competiton | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Men Competiton

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
It will be interesting to see what kind of scores Plushenko gets internationally for that kind of effort. I sure hope it's not very high...

havefun

Rinkside
Seriously, I feel like vomiting (already have a slight flu). Not knowing is the worst thing in the world. :cry: WHAT'S HAPPENING!?! :confused2:
Dont worry. All you missed was toe picking around the ice with a hunchback and flailing arms, between jumps. :laugh:

katia

On the Ice
I liked Gachinsky's free program, he is getting into it and each competition his skate is improvement over the previous one. I only hope he will not make any mistake at European Championships, he may have chance to win a medal.
I am disappointed in Plushchenko. His program seems quite empty, also it does not have much relation to music. I am surprised that he got such a good marks, on the other hand, perhaps I am not, after all he is a legend.:biggrin:

I thought Plushenko's performance was great. If he had better music (especially in the short program) his choreography, etc., would seem better.

enlight78

Medalist
I thought Plushenko's performance was great. If he had better music (especially in the short program) his choreography, etc., would seem better.

What Choreography? Except for posing and arm flinging it was non-existent. Oh yeah he blew a kiss to.

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
Ahhh, I love how after the program is skated, Zhenya goes over to his long-time friend & coach, Mr. Mishin, and places a kiss on him. :bow: :love:

It reminds me of that famous picture where Mishin is sitting down in a chair and behind him are Alexei Urmanov, Alexei Yagudin, and Evgeni Plushenko. All Olympic Champions, and all coached by the legendary Mishin. It doesn't get any better than that. :cool:

I don't think I've ever seen that pic. Any chance you have a link?
Thanks in advance.

What Choreography? Except for posing and arm flinging it was non-existent. Oh yeah he blew a kiss to.

If done to better music, the posing, arm-flinging and kiss-blowing would seem like better choreography than the same program skating to unhelpful music. JMO.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I don't think I've ever seen that pic. Any chance you have a link?
Thanks in advance.

Hi, here's one pic, but it's not the one I'm thinking of, which was posted on a fan board some time ago IIRC: http://mishinlab.ru/mishin_photos.htm (btw there are also pics of a very young Artur Gashinski as a child; posted under TOMORROW). :)

And I finally had the chance to see Zhenya's FS in beautiful HQ. :love: My first visceral gut reaction was "very very good", enjoyed it way better than his SP, especially the footwork sequence where he's doing these beautiful gorgeous Mazurka/half-Axel type jumps in the air, he loves to Fly! That section I watched at least twice because I loved it so much. I can eventually see this becoming a Masterpiece just like "Tribute to Nijinsky". Right now it's at the mid-way stage, sketch, not finished (the way "Nijinsky" was at the very beginning). Tons of promise in there. I'm hopeful. :)

ps: and I also like Zhenya's new appearance, the unshaven look, with his hair styled differently. :cool:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Addendum: the link I posted up above doesn't go directly to the picture, it's posted under TODAY, just scroll to it and you will find Mr. Mishin sitting down surrounded by all three Olympics Champions, ENJOY! :thumbsup:

MasterB

Final Flight
I have tremendous respect for Plush and I am happy to see him back in action, he adds drama to the event. However, even if he were to skate this program clean at worlds and assuming that everyone else does the same thing I don't see him winning. Chan, Dai, Jeremy have far better interesting programs.

koheikun90

On the Ice
Lol, Plushenko getting a 90+ in PCS. I'm sure that the Russian Federation is protecting him by not sending the message to the ISU to judge him according to the rules. However, I'm sure some judges, particularly the North Amercians, will not buy it in ISU championships.

One more thing, is it just me or are the Russian Nationals an exhibition of the ugliest and most distracting costumes in skating?

lavender

Record Breaker
I have tremendous respect for Plush and I am happy to see him back in action, he adds drama to the event. However, even if he were to skate this program clean at worlds and assuming that everyone else does the same thing I don't see him winning. Chan, Dai, Jeremy have far better interesting programs.

I agree and that would be the right thing to do.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Plushenko, well done!

Congrats to Artur and Voronov!

Last edited:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Plushenko's program was totally empty. Basic choreography, no transitions, skated right through the music.

His jump technique is incredible and he can still land his stuff but as far as PCS go, this is even less of an effort than his Vancouver programs.

I love how Plush once again pissed some people off. Oh, that old man should be resting in piece, getting cash from shows, or at least whining about stomachache that prevents him from competing. And no, he is HERE I AM! The fact is clear: he is doing what no one could do before him (will be able to do after ?). It might provoke the feeling of unsatisfactory self-realization in somes. Well, I'll leave conclusions to shrinks. :cool: