Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 261

Thread: Ladies Competition

  1. #91
    Huge Scott Moir Fan Macassar88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    981
    I do hope that Adelina is back for sure, but I'll reserve judgement until the Free Skate to see whether it wasn't just a fluke or not.

  2. #92
    Huge Scott Moir Fan Macassar88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    981
    I don't know if it's just me, but does anyone else feel that Lipnitskaya's flexibility is actually causing her programs detriment? The positions she can get are very impressive, but I feel that her choreographer is just throwing some of them in at random times for the wow factor which distracts from the rest of her skating.

  3. #93
    Huge Scott Moir Fan Macassar88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    981
    I really don't like Tuk's new outfit. I preferred the all black one.

  4. #94
    Spiral Lover tulosai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    2,804
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I really don't like Tuk's new outfit. I preferred the all black one.
    I actually really enjoy the new outfit. The more I looked at the gloves, though, the more I wished that they were both black so I suppose I do somewhat take your point, but I thought this costume added a bit of sparkle and she looked great in it. I'm eager to see if she's also changed the LP outfit.

  5. #95
    Custom Title DianaSelene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Radionova is a star!! So relaxed, poised and confident! How old is she, 12,13? Jumps aside, she has the it factor written all over her.
    There goes the Euros/Worlds team for Shelepen
    I really wanted her on the team thanks to her consistency which apparently let her down at the event she most needed it
    She will turn 13 on Janary 6.

  6. #96
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    It seems to me that Eliza skates just okay under pressure. She had no pressure on the gp circuit until the gp final where she had expectations to win. Russian Nats is even more pressure and she falls. Olympics will be even worst if she even gets there from Russian Nats.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I actually really enjoy the new outfit. The more I looked at the gloves, though, the more I wished that they were both black so I suppose I do somewhat take your point, but I thought this costume added a bit of sparkle and she looked great in it. I'm eager to see if she's also changed the LP outfit.
    lets hope she doesn't use her green neon glittery terrible outfit she wore at the Grand Prix Final

    I don't know if it's just me, but does anyone else feel that Lipnitskaya's flexibility is actually causing her programs detriment? The positions she can get are very impressive, but I feel that her choreographer is just throwing some of them in at random times for the wow factor which distracts from the rest of her skating.
    Julia is extremely talented and you can do a lot for her artistry not just showing her already visible flexibility talents
    I wish she will drop Morozov soon as a choreographer and maybe switch to Tarasova
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 12-26-2011 at 05:56 PM.

  8. #98
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I don't know if it's just me, but does anyone else feel that Lipnitskaya's flexibility is actually causing her programs detriment? The positions she can get are very impressive, but I feel that her choreographer is just throwing some of them in at random times for the wow factor which distracts from the rest of her skating.
    Agree. It is like ok we get it already. BUT amazing polish for her age. Reminds me alot of Sasha Cohen with the straight back and gorgeous lines and toe point.

  9. #99
    Huge Scott Moir Fan Macassar88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    981
    Quote Originally Posted by havefun View Post
    Agree. It is like ok we get it already. BUT amazing polish for her age. Reminds me alot of Sasha Cohen with the straight back and gorgeous lines and toe point.
    I disagree about her toe-point. She has an excellent toe point on some skills, but in her I spin, she has a flexed food. Also, she could do with some more extension on some moves. I would prefer a straight leg that isn't raised as much to a slightly bent one that it higher.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    I rewatched her sp
    not only were Julia's Ispin very straight right up but her spins were the fastest yet I have seen from her

    no sasha cohen ?
    this ia an interesting note of Julia Lipnitskaya's Role Models

    The 13-year-old lists Italy’s Carolina Kostner and teammate Adelina Sotnikova as the skaters she looks up to.

    “Adelina had some troubles with jumps this season, but she still keeps fighting till the end. It deserves a lot of respect,” she explained.
    http://www.goldenskate.com/2011/12/s...ian-nationals/
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 12-26-2011 at 05:40 PM.

  11. #101
    Spiral Lover tulosai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    2,804
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    It seems to me that Eliza skates just okay under pressure. She had no pressure on the gp circuit until the gp final where she had expectations to win. Russian Nats is even more pressure and she falls. Olympics will be even worst if she even gets there from Russian Nats.
    I'm withholding judgment for now about this. It's odd to me that, if that is the case, it seems to always happen in the short program not in the long. Maybe she has some sort of mental block in the short program. I will say that in this case in particular, I thought the lutz looked good going up, in the air, and even on the landing- I wonder if there was a rut in the ice or something. I only watched once so I may be mistaken but I remember thinking the jump was gorgeous and being very surprised when she ended up falling.

    She is not my favorite of the current crop of Russian ladies, but I join the people who hope she starts skating well in Russia.


    ETA: I also found it very enlightening to read what Julia said about Adelina. I'm happy she has that attitude

  12. #102
    Custom Title Slowdive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    123
    I love love love Makarova's SP! I would wish for a spot on the podium if it weren't for her LP.
    Does anyone have an upload for Ovcharova's performance?

  13. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    ^

    hep, her LP wont help her much this time, even if she gets a clean skate. still GOLD FOR KSENIA MAKAROVA ( so I wont jynx the real winner )

    is this her ?
    horrible sp music, the remix is just irritating and distracting
    she grew and gained weight

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqOyC...Ak5GzCQC5WFYJ0
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 12-26-2011 at 07:00 PM.

  14. #104
    At the rink. Again. mskater93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,173
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Julia is extremely talented and you can do a lot for her artistry not just showing her already visible flexibility talents
    I wish she will drop Morozov soon as a choreographer and maybe switch to Tarasova
    OOoo, I got lambasted about this on the JGP threads...

  15. #105
    Custom Title Slowdive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    ^

    hep, her LP wont help her much this time, even if she gets a clean skate. still GOLD FOR KSENIA MAKAROVA ( so I wont jynx the real winner )

    is this her ?
    horrible sp music, the remix is just irritating and distracting
    she grew and gained weight

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqOyC...Ak5GzCQC5WFYJ0
    Yep that's her...thanks!
    She really needs to get her jumps down if she wants to be a contender for international events.
    I would say she should switch to ice dancing so that she can continue to be uber voidy
    (but, yeah, she has gained some weight)

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •