Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Competition

Custom Title
    I have mixed feelings about the results. On one hand, Julia deserved to win, because she skated both programs brilliantly. On the other hand, Adelina skated beautifully and looked like a real senior, even her mistakes at the second half didn't hurt my impression. So I guess I'm okay with that, only two points difference overall and Julia's winning of the LP seems fair. Congratulations to Adelina for winning her third National title (and she is only 15!) and to Julia for her first National medal! Way to go, girls!
    Guess Makarova and Leonova go to Euros, the third spot will be decided between Shelepen, Biryukova and Korobeinikova

Congrats to Adelina, Julia and Alena! Can't wait to see the videos!

Custom Title
    Evgenia Medvedeva (1999. november 19.)
    Anna Shershak (1998. june 6.)

Custom Title
    Is Julia too young for Youth Olympics?
    I believe Liza and Adelina are going to participate

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bsfan View Post
    I am wondering how Makarova could get 65+ in pcs while her tech score was in 40s.
    Well, objectively, PCS and TES are supposed to be separate. So Makarova could have many underrotations but sell the heck out of her program (which I incidentally don't like) and receive high PCS, which is how it's supposed to work.

Medalist
    But was Adelina deservedly 6+ points in PCS ahead of Julia? maybe 2-3, but I'm not so sure about 6+ (in the LP alone...),

Reminds me of the men's competition...2 good skaters with good almost-clean skates...but one gets a huge PCS boost
    except Adelina is only a year older than Julia and not that much more experienced...Julia herself is pretty exceptional for her age...but on the national level Adelina came in as a 2-time defending champ and is RFSF and Putin's favorite...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Is Julia too young for Youth Olympics?
    I believe Liza and Adelina are going to participate
    no she can compete, but only 2 can compete for Russia
    and it is already assigned to Adelina and Elizaveta

Custom Title
    Julia Lipnitskaya is pretty great but I'll wait a few years to just on the wagon just like I did with Adelina.

Custom Title
    According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Figure_...Youth_Olympics a skater has to be born between 1 January 1996 and 31 December 1997. Julia is born in 1998 and that would make her ineligible.

Custom Title
    Will Adelina compete in JW?It would be great)..Julia vs Adelina vs Liza..hmm - dream team

My main thought right now is that this is going to be an interesting 2 years between now and Sochi. If you had asked me before this competition I would have said something a bit different, but honestly, I think it's anyone's guess who will be on that team. Right now Julia looks the most consistent but (though she definitely HAS grown quite a bit since last year) she hasn't dealt with puberty yet and who knows what that might do. She's my favorite of the current crop of Russian ladies but I am scared to really invest in her because she really is so young. Elizavetta, contrary to my opinion earlier this season, is not that consistent, and also has not dealt with puberty or even really a growth spurt. Adelina is a gorgeous skater and at the moment probably most likely to certainly go to Sochi, but she has not skated a clean or even nearly clean competition this year and it will take more than just Russian Nats to convince me her consistency is back (though I hope it is).

Then there is Leonova, who I figured would be done by Sochi but given everything I could have been wrong about that. There is Shelepen who just had one disastrous competition but who is a lovely skater and very capable of delivering. There is even Makarova who, with the right choreography and much improved consistency could be a contender to go (but probably not to medal).

I am not meaning to insult any of the skaters at all by my comments- I genuinely enjoy all of them- but yeah, this is going to be a fun 2 years

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Oh I was hoping for Liza to podium so Mishin can have a strike but well. She must be tired from the season otherwise she never was off the podium since her first year debut. Adelina rocked the sp, Lp was fine but in fs I loved Julia the most! Sasha Cohen flashbacks
    My heart hurts for Agafanova, she used to be my fave when she medaled at Junior Worlds but she has gonne downhill since then and I m afraid for her future. I still like her a lot.

Custom Title
    LOL Makarova was really pissed when she found out she didn't medal

Quote Originally Posted by Brenda View Post
    But was Adelina deservedly 6+ points in PCS ahead of Julia? maybe 2-3, but I'm not so sure about 6+ (in the LP alone...),

Reminds me of the men's competition...2 good skaters with good almost-clean skates...but one gets a huge PCS boost
    except Adelina is only a year older than Julia and not that much more experienced...Julia herself is pretty exceptional for her age...but on the national level Adelina came in as a 2-time defending champ and is RFSF and Putin's favorite...
    I would have had Julia in first, myself. I do think her PCS should be higher and she is being 'punished' slightly due to her age, both in the short and long programs. I think Adelina's PCS are fair, actually- she is an exceptional skater- but I'd have had Julia's a bit higher than they were which would have pushed her into first. I think that certainly, for example, they should be higher than Elizavetta's. Overall though I think the results were just fine and I am happy for all the skaters.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    Well, objectively, PCS and TES are supposed to be separate. So Makarova could have many underrotations but sell the heck out of her program (which I incidentally don't like) and receive high PCS, which is how it's supposed to work.
    Yes, but I can see that for the SP if she had bombed it (which, for once she hadn't!) since the Averbukh choreography is exquisite and brings out the best of Makarova's lines and presentation abilities even when she isn't jumping well, but the long program is nowhere near as good and the choreography basically has Makarova pose and show one emotion throughout.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast