Ladies Competition | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies Competition

Nadine

Record Breaker
This one reminds me of Kimmie Meissner. :) Except for the turnout on the 3R, she was superb! :clap: Spins, jumps, spirals, presentative, absolutely divine dress, (MY FAV), well-rounded skater. Will keep an eye on her in the future. :love:

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Thank you for comments, guys. I'm at work and can't watch the competition, so online results and your comments are all I have :)
Can't wait to watch Radionova and Lipnitskaya, guess they rocked the house :) Elena will be eligible for JGP next season, let's see if she will follow Julia's footsteps and blow everyone away there.
Poor Polina Shelepen :( She was so consistent all season, it's just not fair! I still hope to see her at Euros, if she will skate her LP clean, maybe they'll give her a chance to take the third spot, IMO, she deserves it!
Liza :( I have no doubts her LP will be much better though.
Fingers crossed for Adelina! :)

Brenda

On the Ice
Korobeinikova really is living up to her "Russian Alissa" nickname in the presentation department...the way she holds her arms especially. I hope she can do a good LP tomorrow and get a Euros/Worlds spot...

oleada

Record Breaker
I am so happy for Adelina! Great skate and deserved lead. Woooo :)

Julia was also very good and I think Radionova was robbed - she should be in third right now! Stunning 3Lz+3T.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^^

guess she finally landed her 3Lz -3Lo , finally she's back !!!
im so happy for Adelina :cry:

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Is there no age limit at RN? The first thing I thought when I saw this young one & her program was kindergarten, her jumps come to a dead stop, but nice flexibility. Really needs more power & speed, which should come as she matures. Jmho.

ps: loved seeing Adelina warming up in the background. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
I'm really going to have to stop looking at the thread after I post b/c I note those that are watching it live (instead of tape delayed like moi) have posted that Adelina won. :)

Mirunna

Record Breaker
This is how you come back after a bad start of the season. All the pressure in the world on her shoulders, now she had to defend her title, to be honest I was sure she will bomb. She is stronger than I thought

Nadine

Record Breaker
Ah, exquisite, just exquisite, my FAVORITE Russian ladies skater by far!!!! :love: :clap: :cool: Seriously, she's miles & miles & miles ad infinitum above everybody else. Like watching a S-T-A-R!!!!!

And the dress is to-die-for. I thought the purple one couldn't be topped, but I was wrong. Her Bolero is my second all-time version after Torville & Dean's.

She makes me feel, and her jumps are divine, big & huge & gorgeous.

If it came down between her & Mao, it would be hard for me to choose, depending on the day and how I feel I could choose either one. But Adelina is the tops for me! Moreso than any other female skater skating today, and that includes everybody.

BRAVO, ADELINA, BRAVO!!!!

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO happy she has finally coped with her g/spurt, nerves atc...She is the 1 to watch out next year!!!

Nadine

Record Breaker
ps: lol Adelina's gorgeous red outfit actually reminded me of a court jester (in a good way mind you), which brought to mind the late Queen Mother, whom was the last person on earth to have an official court jester when she was a child, and that's the truth. :love:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Where is Rosa Sheveleva?

She didn'd qualify for nationals.

Compared with how other skated, I actually think Adelina was underscored! I mean she landed the most difficult jumps, and spins, steps and everything was top notch. She should be more than 5 points ahead of Julia. Comparing their Technical score I wonder if Adelina was hit with UR or "e" on her Lutz

Last edited: