Ladies Competition | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ladies Competition

tulosai

Record Breaker
I will post more later, but for now, I'm happy for Ksenia. I don't share the feeling that she is too close to Adelina. Her TES score is appropriately lower and she looked VERY smooth and elegant during her skate.

I'm honestly surprised (in a good way) by how well Adelina did. Super happy for her that she finally delivered the program she could. I don't like her costume but I haven't liked any of her Bolero costumes. I do like red so I guess for me it's an improvement over the other two :p

I thought Julia did excellently. Probably the best I've seen her preform the program. Her skating is starting to look more and more grown up, I did wonder why she didn't look happier at the end.

Sad for Eliza but she will come back strong in the long. Also sad for Alena- it will be interesting to see what happens with her now.

Watching Shelepen in the K&C was so sad. Obviously not her night and breaking the top 5 or 6 is now out of the question, but I hope she can put this behind her and come back strong tomorrow.

havefun

Rinkside
Congrats to top 3. All skated beautiful, elegant and polished programs. Ksenias program might be the most well choreographed this year. Nice to see it skated to its potential

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I love Ksenia Marakrova's program :love: !

Especially the phrasing on the first combination spin (if only it didn't end with an I spin) :(

jatale

On the Ice
Thanks for the better quality vids, the first vids were just terrible. I was very impressed by Julia, her spins are probably the best I've seen recently especially considering the way she is able to dramatically increase their RPM to blur-level seemingly at will.

TelmoFe

Rinkside
What a great competition... better than Euros, no?

The 1st, 2nd and 3rd place skated amazingly. Leonova will skate well tomorrow, I'm sure.

Macassar88

Medalist
As long as she will be olympic champion one day, I am fine with it! :)

I was thinking the same thing. I'd take quadruple world champion and olympic champion as well as a bazillion other gold medals and adoration of the whole world over a single Russian title.
That said, if she can't get over skating in Russia, she'll be screwed for Sochi. Maybe they'll give her CoR assignments in the future? What other competitions are in Russia?

Macassar88

Medalist
I do hope that Adelina is back for sure, but I'll reserve judgement until the Free Skate to see whether it wasn't just a fluke or not.

Macassar88

Medalist
I don't know if it's just me, but does anyone else feel that Lipnitskaya's flexibility is actually causing her programs detriment? The positions she can get are very impressive, but I feel that her choreographer is just throwing some of them in at random times for the wow factor which distracts from the rest of her skating.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I really don't like Tuk's new outfit. I preferred the all black one.

I actually really enjoy the new outfit. The more I looked at the gloves, though, the more I wished that they were both black so I suppose I do somewhat take your point, but I thought this costume added a bit of sparkle and she looked great in it. I'm eager to see if she's also changed the LP outfit.

DianaSelene

Medalist
Radionova is a star!! So relaxed, poised and confident! How old is she, 12,13? Jumps aside, she has the it factor written all over her.
There goes the Euros/Worlds team for Shelepen :disapp:
I really wanted her on the team thanks to her consistency which apparently let her down at the event she most needed it

She will turn 13 on Janary 6.

lavender

Record Breaker
It seems to me that Eliza skates just okay under pressure. She had no pressure on the gp circuit until the gp final where she had expectations to win. Russian Nats is even more pressure and she falls. Olympics will be even worst if she even gets there from Russian Nats.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I actually really enjoy the new outfit. The more I looked at the gloves, though, the more I wished that they were both black so I suppose I do somewhat take your point, but I thought this costume added a bit of sparkle and she looked great in it. I'm eager to see if she's also changed the LP outfit.

lets hope she doesn't use her green neon glittery terrible outfit she wore at the Grand Prix Final :)

I don't know if it's just me, but does anyone else feel that Lipnitskaya's flexibility is actually causing her programs detriment? The positions she can get are very impressive, but I feel that her choreographer is just throwing some of them in at random times for the wow factor which distracts from the rest of her skating.

Julia is extremely talented and you can do a lot for her artistry not just showing her already visible flexibility talents
I wish she will drop Morozov soon as a choreographer :disapp: and maybe switch to Tarasova

Last edited:

havefun

Rinkside

Agree. It is like ok we get it already. BUT amazing polish for her age. Reminds me alot of Sasha Cohen with the straight back and gorgeous lines and toe point.

Macassar88

Medalist
Agree. It is like ok we get it already. BUT amazing polish for her age. Reminds me alot of Sasha Cohen with the straight back and gorgeous lines and toe point.

I disagree about her toe-point. She has an excellent toe point on some skills, but in her I spin, she has a flexed food. Also, she could do with some more extension on some moves. I would prefer a straight leg that isn't raised as much to a slightly bent one that it higher.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I rewatched her sp
not only were Julia's Ispin very straight right up but her spins were the fastest yet I have seen from her :eek:

no sasha cohen ?
this ia an interesting note of Julia Lipnitskaya's Role Models :biggrin:

The 13-year-old lists Italy’s Carolina Kostner and teammate Adelina Sotnikova as the skaters she looks up to.

“Adelina had some troubles with jumps this season, but she still keeps fighting till the end. It deserves a lot of respect,” she explained.

http://www.goldenskate.com/2011/12/sotnikova-makarova-come-back-strong-at-russian-nationals/

Last edited: