Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Competition

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    I'm impressed by Pisarenko and her girls. I really liked little Sakhanovich this season, and now Gerasimova also shows very good skating. It's good to see new good coaches
    I was impressed with Gerasimova's postiive attitude and I really liked her skating

Anna Shershak was skating great except for a silly fall on nothing and on her last jumping pass, a 2A. She doesn't have the content to compete with the top skaters, but she's really well-rounded, polished and elegant. I look forward to seeing more of her - hope she can get the harder triples. Lovely technique.

Custom Title
    What a debut from Evgenia Medvedeva! She's adorable. She's very childlike in her skating still, but it works for this program. Seven clean triples, including a 3S+3T combination. Unfortunate fall in her step sequence, but it was a minor blip. She's a good spinner too.

Custom Title
    I think the main reason why Shershak still has only 3T and 3S is her height. She is a lovely skater, I really like her posture and elegance. Korobeinikova finally got harder triples in her arsenal and even 3F-3T, maybe Shershak also will

Custom Title
    Not Liza's best...landed her money combo but fell on a 3F and very disruptive fall on the 3S. Best interpretation so far, though.

Not really worried about her, though - she's a fighter.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    What a debut from Evgenia Medvedeva! She's adorable. She's very childlike in her skating still, but it works for this program. Seven clean triples, including a 3S+3T combination. Unfortunate fall in her step sequence, but it was a minor blip. She's a good spinner too.
    ITA. She is a joy to watch And what a lovely program! I'm so glad they finally let her skate at Nationals

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    ITA. She is a joy to watch And what a lovely program! I'm so glad they finally let her skate at Nationals
    Wasn't there another Medvedeva skating recently? Darya perhaps?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowdive View Post
    Wasn't there another Medvedeva skating recently? Darya perhaps?
    Yes but she broke her leg at one point. They are not related, I don't think. Darya M. skated out of St. Petersburg.

Banned
    is Evgenia Medvedeva the Evgenia from Coach Eteri Tutberidze ?

well not that good LP from Lisa as well. but she still has a chance for bronze
    SO Alena Leonova FOR GOLD ( just so not to jynx )

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Yes but she broke her leg at one point. They are not related, I don't think. Darya M. skated out of St. Petersburg.
    I guess they are not related, but Darya also skated at Tutberidze's group and then her family moved to Petersburg.
    Liza looked tired, the beginning of the season was very intense for her. I hope she will get some rest and show her best at Junior Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    is Evgenia Medvedeva the Evgenia from Coach Eteri Tutberidze ?
    Yes, she is

Medalist
    Agree, Shershak has very good lines and presentation for a 13 year-old. And even though she doesn't have the harder triples, she does do the 3T-3T, which is very impressive and really helps her in short programs. And at least she already has one major vertical growth spurt behind her, so learning those harder triples in the next couple of years will be a slightly smoother process than for girls who have to re-learn them with a bigger body and re-train their muscle memory at 15-17. I was very impressed with her on the JGP and hope she continues to improve. If she doesn't get those jumps, maybe she could consider ice dance, her elegance is quite impressive for her age.

Medvedeva is great too, and she only just turned 12 (I think the closeup showed her adult teeth haven't all come in yet, adorable!). She shows a lot of joy when skating and has nicer presentation than some older girls. And to think she didn't even "qualify" for nationals earlier until Tutberidze complained in that interview.

Custom Title
    Are Natalia,Alsu and Maria the same age as Evgenia,aren't they? If so,why the other girls don't participate in Nationals? I guess they have enough talent to debut here.

Custom Title
    Aside from Medvedeva, none of the ladies in this group skated anywhere close to their potential :( Hope the next group is better.

Banned
    ^^

Is this the Natalia you mean ? Natalia Ogoreltseva ?
    she is 11 years old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv8j_6TzTsc

someone mention that reason some cant participate because they are too young
    and can only compete in junior nationals
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 12-27-2011 at 11:43 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ayayukiituka View Post
    Are Natalia,Alsu and Maria the same age as Evgenia,aren't they? If so,why the other girls don't participate in Nationals? I guess they have enough talent to debut here.
    I am assuming you are talking about Alsou Kayouma and Natalia Ogoreltseva. I don't know who Maria is. The issue with Evgenia is that she skated in senior Russian Cup competitions and placed well enough (2nd in one event, winning the LP ahead of Makarova) to qualify for Nationals. However, she was not invited and skters who finished behind her (like Anna Ovcharova) were invited over her. That's what Tutberidze was complaining about.

I don't think Ogoreltseva and Kayoumova placed as well in the Russian Cup and I'm not even sure Ogoreltseva competed as a senior.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    ^^

Is this the Natalia you mean ? Natalia Ogoreltseva ?
    she is 11 years old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqQqihsYP_Y

someone mention that reason some cant participate because they are too young
    and can only compete in junior nationals

Thank you!

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast