Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Competition

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    LOL Makarova was really pissed when she found out she didn't medal
    Her skate could have won her a medal in Euros but with her content she has no chance in Russia

Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I would love if they sent Shelepen but I think it's unlikely :(
    I would actually disagree with this. I think the other Polina has more long term potential. Her skating skills and presentation are better. Shelepen's jump content isn't that much better than the other Polina's, given the other Polina does a 3/3 and a double axel/3toe.

I think the other Polina needs a little more confidence but I think she's coming around. I actually think Ksensia is the weak link on this Russian team, because her PCS won't be anywhere near as high at the international level. IMO.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Oh I was hoping for Liza to podium so Mishin can have a strike but well. She must be tired from the season otherwise she never was off the podium since her first year debut. Adelina rocked the sp, Lp was fine but in fs I loved Julia the most! Sasha Cohen flashbacks
    My heart hurts for Agafanova, she used to be my fave when she medaled at Junior Worlds but she has gonne downhill since then and I m afraid for her future. I still like her a lot.
    I love Agafonova too, her Korobushka SP was so spunky! I'm glad she has other fans besides me, she's been pretty much forgotten in the hype about Russian "Babies." This years programs are kinda bad and it doesn't seem like she gets into them, especially the long program. And she hasn't thought quickly enough to tack on a third combo in most of her competitions this year (in one of her JGPs she only did one combo), but I guess that final 2A here was meant to be a combo probably. She's gotten much better with telegraphing her lutz, it used to be sooo bad! But now her 3Z-3T has disappeared. :( I felt so bad for her when she messed up her combo in the short program, her 3S-3T is usually so reliable. She still has the best spins in this entire field though. She actually makes the haircutter look pretty.
    Wasn't she supposed to switch to pairs when she was younger until she got all her triples so quickly they decided to have her stay in singles? She could still make the switch, she's still pretty tiny and she has pretty good lines that maybe skating with a partner could help bring out that spark that seems to have dimmed a little.

Custom Title
    I have a soft spot for Polina Agafanova too. I thought she was just so adorable when she came on the scene.

Custom Title
    Will Lisa be sent to JW? She is #4 among the juniors here on the final result.
    Last edited by bsfan; 12-27-2011 at 01:55 PM.

Custom Title
    Would you have put Ksenia over Alena?

I have Queen Tut's LP here: http://dickflutzn.blogspot.com/2011/...ins-short.html

will add more as i find

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bsfan View Post
    If you mean Radionova ahead of her , Elena is not age eligible internationally.

Custom Title
    There is a jr nationals that will take place

Banned
    ^

isn't the reigning jr. Nationals champ Elizaveta ?
    it will be interesting if she can defend her junior national title like Adelina did.
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 12-27-2011 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bsfan View Post
    Radionova isn't eligible for Junior Worlds, if she was, she'd have done the JPG this year. The Russians have known about her talent for awhile.

Medalist
    This year Youth Olympics ends Jan 22nd. Junior Nationals starts Feb 1. So I doubt Liza will compete at RJN unless the federation makes her compete for her spot...

At this point I can't imagine RFSF naming anyone other than Adelina, Liza, & Julia to the JW team tho...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Her skate could have won her a medal in Euros but with her content she has no chance in Russia
    Kostner is a shoo-in for a Euros medal and THE major contender for gold.

As for Ksenia Makarova medaling, it depends what other ladies put out there.

Medal contenders include (in no particular order) Gedevanishvili, Viktoria Helgesson, Korpi, Leonova and Makarova.
    Gedevanishvili, Helgesson and Leonova have landed lutz and flip, although Elene and Helgesson not as reliably as Leonova. Makarova has the flip, but not consistently. Korpi has been off form all season and hasn't had the harder jumps, but she does get very high PCS scores so can't be counted out as she is the reigning bronze Euros medalist and beat both Makarova and Leonova last year.

Makarova has a strong SP but her FS is awful and she doesn't have the presence to pull off Marilyn Monroe on the ice. Even the crowd in Russia was less than enthusiastic about her performance at Nationals. She's skated poorly in the GP this year, and that won't help her PCS scores. And she will need high PCS scores to make up for her lackluster technical content (flip---if she lands it, 3t+3t---again, if she lands it, and 3lo). Yes, she could medal if she makes no mistakes and other ladies falter. But I think Leonova has a much better chance of medaling than Ksenia does.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    Well, objectively, PCS and TES are supposed to be separate. So Makarova could have many underrotations but sell the heck out of her program (which I incidentally don't like) and receive high PCS, which is how it's supposed to work.
    But Ksenia DIDN'T sell the heck out of her program. She was so focused on landing her jumps that there was little if any attempt at a Marilyn Monroe characterization. All she did was wave her hands around a bit, not something that Marilyn herself was apt to do.

Look at those ridiculous FS scores:

111.19 47.04 65.15 8.21 7.93 8.18 8.21 8.18

Here's what she got at Worlds 2011 for a similar performance (and similar program---remember "Evita"?):

105.60 46.52 60.08 7.54 7.25 7.54 7.61 7.61

Custom Title
    Yes, I really dislike the program too, I'm just making a point as to why someone could receive high PCS with low TES.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast