Ladies Competition | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies Competition

Nadine

Record Breaker
Darn, I thought this was supposed to start at 2:00PM Russian Time?! :confused2: Therefore I only checked in a couple of minutes ago to find that the first group has already skated. :(

On the positive side, at least Adelina nor Elizaveta has skated yet, for that I am very grateful. :)

ps: made sure to take it easy and get plenty of sleep in order to watch Russian Nationals at 3AM my time here in the PNW in the USA. :cool:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I don't think Adelina's costume can get any worse. The one she wore at the Cup of Russia was an improvement though. But as long as she skates well, she can wear a plastic bag!!!!
What a group this is: Julia, Adelina and Elizaveta, the 3 biggest talents Russia has. Go girls!!

Elizaveta didn't break the curse :disapp::disapp::disapp::disapp:
She must start to skate well in Russia, the Olys ARE in Russia :disapp:

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^^
and the curse continues

it bothers me too, why Elizaveta bombs her scores at Nationals :disapp::disapp:
her SP's are the worst, but im sure she'll bounce back at LP

Nadine

Record Breaker
Wow, you can sure see A LOT of Sasha Cohen's influence in this youngster (but I've noticed this the past couple of years in ALL the Russian ladies, trying to emulate Sasha's presentation/spins/toepoint/line/et al).

Nice job. :)

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Julia Lipnitskaya
2A
3F-3T
3Lz

Are you sure it was a 3F-3T? The screen froze and I could not see it, but if you are right, this is the first time she lands this combo, so congrats to her!
Liza made the same errors as last year in the SP

Nadine

Record Breaker
Except for the fall on Elizaveta's opening triple jump everything else was exceptional imho. But that fall is really going to cost her. :(

Here's hoping she doesn't end up like Alexei Yagudin, whom never won his own Nationals. :(

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Except for the fall on Elizaveta's opening triple jump everything else was exceptional imho. But that fall is really going to cost her. :(

Here's hoping she doesn't end up like Alexei Yagudin, whom never won his own Nationals. :(

As long as she will be olympic champion one day, I am fine with it! :)

Shaba22

Final Flight
Maria Artemyeva
3T-3T - turn out, almost sit down, but only one hand down
3Lz
2A

Brenda

On the Ice
never watched this Maria Artemieva girl before (anyone know how old she is?), but she has some pretty high jumps despite the fall. Reminds me a little of Julia Sebestyen...

Nadine

Record Breaker
I'm just waiting for Adelina Sotnikova to skate, then I don't really want to watch anymore, will wait for the Mens! :cool: