Ladies Competition | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ladies Competition

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I don't know if it's just me, but does anyone else feel that Lipnitskaya's flexibility is actually causing her programs detriment? The positions she can get are very impressive, but I feel that her choreographer is just throwing some of them in at random times for the wow factor which distracts from the rest of her skating.

ITA with this, she is great but I am getting tired of these gratuitous flexibility moves that really have no connection to the program or choreography. She is far too good for these kind of gimmicky moves.

oleada

Record Breaker
Agafonova attempted (and mostly landed) 7 triples: 3Lo, 3Lz, 3S+3T, 3F, 3S+2T, 3T, 2A step out. Good Biellman and layback spin. But the program seemed very uninspired.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
The technical caller is probably very strict, because Agafonova's Technical score is crappy considering what she has landed(and her spins are strong too so I'm guessing multiple UR of DG)

oleada

Record Breaker
Good skate from Sofia Mishina. I remember her a year or two ago and she was awful - she looks like a completely different skater now. Her improvement is obvious. Huge jumps, looked liked doubles. She used her arms very well to the music in her final spin.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
LP Starting Order

Warm Up Group 1

Polina Agafonova
Sofia Mishina
Anna Ovcharova
Polina Shelepen
Maria Stavitskaya
Evgenia Gerasimova

Warm Up Group 2

Anna Shershak
Evgenia Medvedeva
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
Alexandra Deeva
Polina Korobeynikova
Maria Artemyeva

Warm Up Group 3

Elena Radionova
Sofia Biryukova
Alena Leonova
Julia Lipnitskaya
Adelina Sotnikova
Ksenia Makarova

http://fsrussia.ru/upl/results/1112/nat2012/SEG110.HTM

oleada

Record Breaker
Ovcharova is such a fun skater who always gives it her all, but she's going to be hammered by the technical panel :(

oleada

Record Breaker
Shelepen - Unfortunately, not her competition. Landed 3Lz+3T, 3Lo, 3Lz+2T+2T but fell on a 3S and stepped out of a 2A. Overall, I think she's improved as a skater, but still, disappointing skate for her :(

oleada

Record Breaker
I paid for a month's worth of access at tvteka.com (about $10) and they are showing the competition.

oleada

Record Breaker
Gerasimova really fought after falling on her opening 3Lz, landed a 3F+3T (maybe <) as well as all her other jumps.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
I'm impressed by Pisarenko and her girls. I really liked little Sakhanovich this season, and now Gerasimova also shows very good skating. It's good to see new good coaches

oleada

Record Breaker
I'm impressed by Pisarenko and her girls. I really liked little Sakhanovich this season, and now Gerasimova also shows very good skating. It's good to see new good coaches

I was impressed with Gerasimova's postiive attitude and I really liked her skating :)

Anna Shershak was skating great except for a silly fall on nothing and on her last jumping pass, a 2A. She doesn't have the content to compete with the top skaters, but she's really well-rounded, polished and elegant. I look forward to seeing more of her - hope she can get the harder triples. Lovely technique.

oleada

Record Breaker
What a debut from Evgenia Medvedeva! She's adorable. She's very childlike in her skating still, but it works for this program. Seven clean triples, including a 3S+3T combination. Unfortunate fall in her step sequence, but it was a minor blip. She's a good spinner too.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
I think the main reason why Shershak still has only 3T and 3S is her height. She is a lovely skater, I really like her posture and elegance. Korobeinikova finally got harder triples in her arsenal and even 3F-3T, maybe Shershak also will :)

oleada

Record Breaker
Not Liza's best...landed her money combo but fell on a 3F and very disruptive fall on the 3S. Best interpretation so far, though.

Not really worried about her, though - she's a fighter.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
What a debut from Evgenia Medvedeva! She's adorable. She's very childlike in her skating still, but it works for this program. Seven clean triples, including a 3S+3T combination. Unfortunate fall in her step sequence, but it was a minor blip. She's a good spinner too.

ITA. She is a joy to watch :) And what a lovely program! I'm so glad they finally let her skate at Nationals