Who thinks that Sotnikova's come-back in R/Nats is for sure for her? | Golden Skate

Who thinks that Sotnikova's come-back in R/Nats is for sure for her?

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Does she stand a chance against Julia? Will she progress her skating?Or will she stay inconsistent? Your thoughts...

I suppose that she is the only girl who has grown a lot.It affected her skating but she is getting better and better.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Does she stand a chance against Julia? Will she progress her skating?Or will she stay inconsistent? Your thoughts...

I suppose that she is the only girl who has grown a lot.It affected her skating but she is getting better and better.

She's not the only girl whose grown a lot they all have. Adelina was also injured during the summer that affected her training. I think Adelina needs to work on her stamina too.

Julia will likely have to face Senior competition (pressure) and growth spurts soon too. Both girls Julia and Adelina are fabulous talents. (lucky Russia)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Adelina will be fine. during her transition to seniors during GP, she had an injury, had do deal with huge pressure and a growth spurt
but I think she has gotten her confidence back and is now able to adust to her new body,

it will be interesting how she develops as she gets older, Adelina is all around skater that has
a huge potential same for Julia, Liza too but needs to work on artistry and ice coverage I think she was just tired from GP ,but we'll see how they progress.

arinessa

Rinkside
I think Julia will be having problems with her double axel soon, the technique is pretty horrible right now, other jumps are ok but the axel ... and it's unclear how she will grow. Her flexibility is remarkable but I will wait a couple of years to get excited. On another note, I think Lisa started growing, she seems more filled out to me

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Yes, the question was whether she still could do the technical content under pressure and she delivered. Despite the mistakes at the end of her LP, winning Nats will give her more confidence. But, honestly, her comeback was not all that drastic considering her "low point" was 2 bronze medals at the COR and COC. :)

britebells

Rinkside
I'm not worried about her. It's important to remember how young she is, and that this was her first grand prix season. As missdaisy said, her "low point" was actually pretty impressive, especially for her debut season. She's just shown at Nats that she's got it in her. Besides, it seems that she's peaking at the right time-- perhaps this will serve her well when she's eligible for Worlds!

macy

Record Breaker
i think she'll be fine. this is her first year on the senior circuit and there is no doubt that's a ton of pressure. her programs at nationals were pretty good, can't wait to see what they will be like at junior worlds.