Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Spanish Skaters - news & thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by patinage_adulte View Post
    and for the 1st time Spain was represented by .... me at ISU Adult in june 2011
    i finish 2 time in 2nd place (free skating and artistic)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by patinage_adulte View Post
    and for the 1st time Spain was represented by .... me at ISU Adult in june 2011
    i finish 2 time in 2nd place (free skating and artistic)
    i know adult competition is not yet know by people but its very fun to see skater all over the world to compet between 28 and 78 years old at different level .. beginner to master class (ex: Midori Ito)

That's great. I know they have this in tennis, and right now Mike Tyson is in the process of trying to get an over-40 competition started in boxing: http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/mike...itschko-104270 (here's hoping he's successful )

By the way, since watching Javiar Fernandez on the GP this season, in particular his last competiton, I said outright this kid has ALL the goods to dominate the field in the same way Evgeni Plushenko has dominated for over a decade now. He just needs to stop the little nervous hops/bobbles/turnouts on some of his jumps. And imho he alone would be a worthy successor to the Great Plushenko.

Jmho.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Does Spain have a synchro team yet?

Custom Title
    Seeing Javier winning the Euro and winning a medal at Worlds would be a dream coming true, but I agree that one shouldn’t expect it and shouldn’t set him under pressure. He has made a fantastic progress in such a short time. 2012 will be the first year where he is a contender and while I think he has pretty good nerves, it is quite a challenge to deal with that new situation. I think a medal at Euros and top 6 at Worlds could be a reasonable aim.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Hurrah for p_a !

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Plushenko will be able to go to Euros if he wants to go. Forget about the minimum score, it doesn't apply to his case. The only way he won't go is his health or lack of will.
    What do you mean by his case? I really wish ISU goes by the rules and doesnt make an exception, unless there is some normal way he could go without the minimum score I d rather he didnt, basically for health reasons, and I hope RF doesnt push ISU or/and him to go, I dont know what is the agreement for his reinstatement but from his interview posted here I didnt think he really intended to compete this season to euros.

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    Adrian won't be at Euros. Here is the list of the Swedish skaters participating. Sweden has now a pair also! http://iof2.idrottonline.se/SvenskaK...istorEM-trupp/

Here is quite a resent article of Adrian where he says he will retire after the Olympics. Also it sounds like he might not go to the Worlds either, because the lack of preparation:
    http://www.dn.se/sport/schultheiss-ser-slutet-efter-os

Any way someone could translate this?
    Thanks so much in advance.

Sorry for the off topic, but back on topic, I wanted to say that I'm super proud of Javi and I liked him since before it was cool. Hehe. Plus he's really down to earth and approachable(sp?) and will actually respond to his fans on fb and I totally respect that.
    Go Javi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    What do you mean by his case? I really wish ISU goes by the rules and doesnt make an exception, unless there is some normal way he could go without the minimum score I d rather he didnt, basically for health reasons, and I hope RF doesnt push ISU or/and him to go, I dont know what is the agreement for his reinstatement but from his interview posted here I didnt think he really intended to compete this season to euros.
    The rule would be that he has to get a qualifying score in both the SP and LP before competing at Euros and Worlds in order to compete at those competitions. The required minimum scores are very low; there is no way Plush could not make them, but he has to go to a Senior B to get the scores. The 3 ISU tournaments between now and Euros do not have a senior men's or ladies' competition.

There are men's and ladies' events in some Senior B's between Euros & Worlds, though.

^ thank you. I know the case and the fact that there is not b event from now till euros.
    Thats why I asked, I dont think that The only way he won't go is his health or lack of will is correct as the poster said. I dont know what he/she meant by his case but since he doesnt have the score demanded I dont see how he would go unless there is a paragraph I miss.
    Last edited by seniorita; 12-29-2011 at 07:16 AM.

There have been some funny exceptions for past Olympic medallists, but I didn't think there was one for this rule...however, it isn't something I paid that much attention to.

Me too, I honestly never had so far a case of a skater that had to qualify with a minimum score to a competition, more so Plushy :D

Me too, I honestly never had so far a case of a skater that had to qualify with a minimum score to a competition, more so Plushy :D
    I believe Volosozhar and Trankov had to do it last season, and that's why they competed at the Mont Blanc Trophy. I'm not sure if this was the rationale for Samuelson/Gilles going to CoC so early in their partnership, but I suspect it might have been a consideration.

I think the Spanish skaters are all fine in this regard, though

^
    The rule I suppose was to exclude skaters from the early groups that were not in international level. V/T couldnt go to Euros anyway because of Tatiana switching countries and how could they have any score since they were not a pair before?
    Spanish thread is hijacked.

V/T couldnt go to Euros anyway because of Tatiana switching countries and how could they have any score since they were not a pair before?
    That's why they had to go to Mont Blanc - it was pretty much the only international pairs event between Tatiana becoming eligible to skate for Russia (mid-February) and the original date of 2011 Worlds, so it was really their only opportunity to get the minimum score.

True! thread hijack!

More about the Spanish junior skaters, please! (And maybe Sonia LaFuente the Senior ladies champion)

Sonia skated at TEB this year!

Her short program
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2yOmMfTFAk

Her long program
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_ve7IvIlNw

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast