Youth Olympics - ladies event | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Youth Olympics - ladies event

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
There is always the chance of fan videos, especially when well known skaters like Liza & Adelina compete! Let us hope there are some :bow:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^

I think some of the videos maybe uploaded on innsbruck 2012 youtube,
but we may need to wait for a few more days

jiggs

On the Ice
Just got back from the rink!

Watched the last group of ladies' practice in the afternoon, including Risa and So Youn. Risa was pretty much only practicing her 3lutz and it didn't look good at all. Her legwrap on this particular jump is pretty bad and all of her attempts looked UR to me. So Youn was practicing a lot of 3t2t. I missed the first two groups of practice cause of work :(

Ladiezzzzzzzzzz Short Program:
Overall, it was a pretty good competition. Lots of clean skates and only 3 falls in total! There were quite a lot of people and the audience was really appreciative. Austrians don't know anything about skating but that didn't stop them from cheering for all skaters, especially the ones who did not do so well. Poor Eveliina Viljanen from Finland fell twice in her program - very unfortunate falls (one on the take-off of her Salchow, she didn't even jump, kind of à la Mao when she fell on her 3a attempt during 2008 Worlds). She then only did a single axel and fell as well But the audience started cheering for her and tried to support her throughout the program, which was nice!

The skaters that really stood out for me were Adelina and Anais Ventard. But here are my notes for the top 6:

Elizaveta: Wore her new black/white dress with gloves. She really struggled in the warm-up and missed lots of jumps. Did 2a, 3l but then missed at least 3 lutz attempts, two falls and one pop. She then tried 3sal3toe twice and landed one cleanly. During the warm-up, I started to wonder whether she was going to change her jump layout, and she did. I was quite nervous for her after her so-so warm-up but she ended up doing a really nice 3Sal3toe, a shaky 3lutz and a nice 2a (tano) in competition. Overall, I must say I was kind of underwhelmed by her performance. Her ice coverage was not the best, she was quite slow especially compared to Adelina and her jumps IMO were really really tiny (even though she has perfect technique on them). What bothered me most about her performance though is that she seems to constantly look down on the ice. Her eyes just never seem to look up. This is something that I have already noticed when watching her on TV but to me it was even more obvious watching her live. I was quite surprised by her score and would have had her a little lower, in second overall, behind Adelina.

Adelina: Really won me over! I was never totally convinced seeing her on TV ... but wow does she have presence on the ice! Her movements are big and more finished than her competitors' and her jumps are just HUGE! Seeing her live, she also seemed to have more flow out of them than I initially thought. She started with a 2a and a 3lutz in the warm-up and then went for 3t3t. I was quite surprised that she didn't include the 3lz3l because she did it so well in both programs at Russian Nationals. She was flawless in her short program though, did a monster 3t3t combination, 3 flutz (her flutzing was quite obvious from where I was sitting) and a 2axel. She had lots of power in her footwork as well. Seemed very happy with what she did. After seeing her score, I thought hmm they must have downgraded something and checked the protocols as soon as I got home. Someting must have been wrong with one of her spins, but I didn't notice it while watching her. Also didn't agree that Elizaveta's PCS were almost 2 points higher than Adelina's.

Zijun Li: Zijun was really nice to watch. She did 3f2t, 3lz (df and <) and 2axel. Her program is quite lovely but she doesn't have the power or presence that Adelina has. She is soooo tiny too and looks as if she doesn't touch the ice when she skates!

Anais Ventard: She was my surprise favorite of the night! I had never heard of her before but she really stuck out because of her very weird and unique unitard! I found a photo HERE. I was like OMG what is she wearing?? But wow, it really worked out for her program. She was skating to some kind of Spanish Torrero music and she made it work Amazing spins, great footwork, lots of little nuances in the program and her moves are nice and finished. She didn't have the most difficult technical content (2a, 3t2t, 2lz) that's why it's even more amazing that she is in 4th with almost 50 points! The audience looooved her and she really rocked the house. Her layback is insane!!!

So Youn Park: Skated after Anais and I think that really hurt her here. Her jumps were quite good: 3t3t (second 3t df and <), looovely 3lutz, 2a. But after the energetic and lively performance by Anais, so Youn just seemed a little too quiet and reserved.

Risa: I am really worried about this girl - she has such talent but I fear she is going to go down UR/DG-road before even entering seniors. Her jumps are very low, flat and long and she doesn't have any spring in them at all. All of them looked UR to my eyes (in fact I just checked the protocols and even her 2a was <). Her program was quite nice though and she is a lovely skater. Such a shame about those jumps :(

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^

I think it was Adelina's flying sit spin that got downgraded
did you record any videos ?

Last edited:

jiggs

On the Ice
No, unfortunately, I don't have a camera. Saw some people in the audience recording but I doubt that we will get good videos of the competition.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^

thanks anyways for your live updates
at least hope someone uploads them soon, I dont want to wait for like 2 days on YOG site
and its not certain in innsbruck2012 youtube if they will post it

seniorita

Record Breaker
Wow Elisaveta doing 3s-3t , I want to see it!

S. Lambiel said Liza was wonderful today :)

Last edited:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Both Adelina and Liza had to change their combos for Jr competitions because the rule this season is to have a solo 3Lz in the SP. It's amazing both skated clean considering they had to change their 3-3. Good job! I'm happy for both girls

jiggs

On the Ice
Here are my notes from yesterday's pairs practice (only watched the second group).

Yu/Jin Yang: The quality of their elements and skating really stood out in this group. They were almost flawless the entire practice, IIRC the only mistake they did was that she fell on a 2A. They did several nice 3twists. Several SBS 3t. Some nice throw 3l out of a difficult entry. Several throw 3Sals. SBS 2A sequence (his 2A is much bigger than hers, and her second one sometimes looked a little UR). They were also much faster than all the other teams. She is scaringly thin!! Also did some very nice lifts. Should win this easily today!

Fedorova/Miroshkin: Were my sentimental favorite. I had seen them live at the JGP in Innsbruck already and loved them. She is sooo tiny and just looks like a 8 year old when she walks past you, but she is adorable! Practiced a lot of single jumps first (2A, 2f2t), then tried some throws and twists. She fell on the throw 3Sal a couple of times but then got it done. Their runthrough was just cute. Their circus/clown program is so nice and suits them well, they really make it work. Both of them get 100% into character and I couldn't take my eyes of them during runthrough. Their SBS Biellmann spins are quite impressive. Can't wait to see this in competition today with costumes on

Dolidze/Ivanov: She is so tiny also lol. I have to admit this is the pair I watched the least because I was focusing on the other two. I saw them doing SBS 2A and they were practicing a throw 3f or lutz, can't remember exactly. She fell a lot but I also saw some that were ok.

Off to the arena now, hope I can get in for practices. Managed yesterday but apparently practices are closed to the public, maybe I am lucky again today! Will keep you posted.

jiggs

On the Ice
Notes from ladies' practice today. I only took notes of the last group. They totally rocked the practice, lots of 3-3 and a lot of good jumps!

Sotnikova only did steps and footwork today. She has such nice movements and holds her positions much longer than the other ladies on the ice today. Marked her jumps in the runthrough and left the ice straight after, without doing a single jump. I wondered if she is injured or something but she looked totally fine doing steps only. I guess she took it easy today and wanted to rest?

Tuktamisheva is a jumping machine. This girl is insane. From the moment she got on the ice till the very end, all she did was jump. Wrote down: 3l, 2a3t, 2lz3t, 3lz3t, 2lz(popped)3t, 3lz, 3lz3t fall, 3lz3t, 3f, 3f. Runthrough: 3lz3t, 2lz, 2l, 3s2t2l, 2a tano. Did more 3f after runthrough. Missed two or three 2a3t attempts but got it done in the end. She didn't practice any spins or footwork.

So Youn Park also had a good practice, her jumps look very solid and she has nice technique on them. To my eyes, they all seem fully rotated. She did 3s, 3s2t2t, 3f, 3lz2t, 2a3t. Runthrough: 3lz2t, 2a3t, good speed, 3sal2t2t, 3sal, 3f. Did 3t3t afer runthrough.

Zi Jun Li: Her jumps just look effortless and she is very consistent on them. 2a3t, 2a3t2t, 3s2t, 3f3t, 3f fall, did two more perfect 3f3t. Had a perfect runthrough: 3f3t, 2a3t2t, 3flutz, 3sal2t, 3f, 3l, 2a.

Risa was consistent on her jumps as well, but most of the seemed UR to my eyes even from where I was sitting. Had a weird fall on the 2a at the beginning of practice. Did 3f and 3lz but with legwrap and UR. Saw a nice 2a3t that did not look UR to me. Runthrough: 2a3t, 3lz2t, 2a.

Anais was struggling a bit with jumps and between all those ladies doing all kinds of 3-3s she seemed kind of lost. Saw 2a2t2t, 3sal2t. Runthrough: 2a, 2a (df). As always, her spins are amazing and her program looks interesting. Can't wait to see it in competition.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
what happened to Adelina's TES score, is soo low , she must have messed up a lot in free skate :no:
probably popped some of her jumps or step a hand down a lot

Ladies - Free Skating

1 TUKTAMISHEVA Elizaveta RUS 111.27
2 LI Zijun CHN 106.78
3 SOTNIKOVA Adelina RUS 99.64
4 PARK So Youn KOR 88.23
5 SHOJI Risa JPN 88.03
6 VENTARD Anais FRA 86.23
7 BAUTH Jordan USA 81.06
8 STUERZINGER Tina SUI 72.92
9 KERRY Chantelle AUS 71.48
10 VILJANEN Eveliina FIN 71.37
11 KHUSSEIN Darin UKR 69.54
12 CRISTINI Micol ITA 65.57
13 WOLFSLAST Nina Larissa AUT 61.81
14 SALDEEN OLOFSSON Myrtel SWE 58.97
15 KRIISA Sindra EST 58.00
16 SWERTS Lieselotte BEL 54.84

Overall Standing

1 TUKTAMISHEVA Elizaveta RUS 173.10
2 SOTNIKOVA Adelina RUS 159.08
3 LI Zijun CHN 157.70
4 PARK So Youn KOR 136.60
5 VENTARD Anais FRA 136.08
6 SHOJI Risa JPN 135.32
7 BAUTH Jordan USA 123.39
8 STUERZINGER Tina SUI 113.55
9 KHUSSEIN Darin UKR 109.31
10 KERRY Chantelle AUS 108.99
11 CRISTINI Micol ITA 105.44
12 VILJANEN Eveliina FIN 101.10
13 WOLFSLAST Nina Larissa AUT 96.26
14 SALDEEN OLOFSSON Myrtel SWE 92.54
15 KRIISA Sindra EST 92.43
16 SWERTS Lieselotte BEL 85.57

http://www.isuresults.com/results/yog2012/SEG004.HTM

Last edited:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
So Adelina pretty much blew it :(
Zijun Li won the techincal score, 11 points higher than Adelina. This is so sad, I really thought she was on the right track after nationals. Aside nationals, all her international competitions have been disappointing. She is much better than this. Hope she can overcome this mental thing or whatever is happening to her
Liza's score isn't impressive either, but a good comeback for her after nationals. The 3F is becoming her nemesis which is a shame. And I believe, from the clips posted, she is having a growth spurt.(I may be wrong here).

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I have soft spot for Adelina and hoped she would win here too but good for liza winning and Zijun's consistency improvements
growth spurt ? I dont think Liza grew an inch maybe a bit of weight

I hope Adelina gets back her full confidence or else
Julia Lipnitskaya will win Junior Worlds
Adelina is very talented and its disappointing she underperforms :cry:

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
111 is not a bad score, it is just not her season best, I wish I could see as many 111s in the forthcoming Euros!
Elisaveta Olympic Champion:rock:
And Bravo to Adelina also! :hb: