Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 61

Thread: American nationals podium predictions

  1. #16
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    59
    Men's-
    Abbott
    Dornbush
    Rippon
    Obviously an uneducated guess...

    Ladies-
    Nagasu
    Czisny
    Wagner
    Tho' I think that #1 and #2 could easily flip.

    Pairs-
    E/L
    D/C
    M/B

    Dance-
    D/W
    S/S
    H/D, C/B will battle for the spot

  2. #17
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,044
    i am not going to make any predictions why==
    i think they have already made up their minds about who is on the podium.

    they have a short list for each.

    normally i would because the falls, missteps, little bobbles, screw up was the level playing field against the top skaters that competed.

    not so anymore -why you can blow you program and still win . if they want you you to win, medal -they will make it so by the pcs scores to keep you up there. if not they wont.

    just look at the gp series to see that happening.

    so for med the people int he running for the medals for ladies is as follows
    alissa, mirai, rachel, ashely,
    pairs,
    i don't know
    coughlin/denny, evora, ladwig, and maybe a couple of thers
    dance

    d/w shibs, hubbell/donohue, chock/bates, and maybe a couple others

  3. #18
    At the rink. Again. mskater93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,087
    I don't agree with your "predestination theory", fairly. If that were true, Abbott would have been higher than 4th last year.

  4. #19
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    You really went out on a limb with your third pick. Sorry, don't see it happening unless something amazing has happened in the last 2 months.
    Yeah, I guess it was less of a 'most likely podium' but rather who I think will take # 1 and # 2 plus a wishful bronze. That said, I don't think its impossible. Ice is slippery

  5. #20
    At the rink. Again. mskater93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,087
    It would have to be super slippery, cornell!!

  6. #21
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    32
    For the men :
    Dornbush - has a quad now...and projects a lot of confidence when he skates
    Abbott - Hoping he wins, but predicting he wont :(
    Miner - great programs this year

    For ladies, I'll take:
    Czisny - GPF was a fluke...no one skates that badly twice in the same season
    Nagasu - She could actually win if she would just smile a little during the routine.
    Wagner - If Flatt shows up fit and ready, Ashley and Mirai may have to settle for 3rd and 4th.
    Flatt - Her Firebird routine is the best of the group. I hope she nails it.

  7. #22
    she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    3,630
    I just hope Mirai and Alissa do well. If they do, they are of course shoo ins for the podium. That's only a sort of prediction but it's the only thing I am sure of. Like Spun, I also think it would be exciting to see a newcomer on the podium this season.

  8. #23
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    272
    Hoping Jeremy Abott to win the title.

  9. #24
    she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    3,630
    ^ That too.

  10. #25
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,275
    Quote Originally Posted by fscric View Post
    Hoping Jeremy Abott to win the title.
    Jeremy Abbott will be the 2012 US Men Champion.

  11. #26
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Predictions

    Men
    1. Jeremy Abbott
    2. Adam Rippon
    3. Ross Miner
    4. Joshua Farris
    5. Richard Dornbush

    Ladies
    1. Alissa Czisny
    2. Ashley Wagner
    3. Rachel Flatt
    4. Mirai Nagasu
    5. Samantha Cesario

    Pairs
    1. Denney/Coughlin
    2. Evora/Ladwig
    3. Vise/Baldwin
    4. Marley/Brubaker
    5. Casteli/Shnapir

    Dance
    1. Davis/White
    2. Shibutani/Shibutani
    3. Chock/Bates
    4. Hubbell/Donahue
    5. Kreingairut/Giuletti-Schmidt (sp?)

    Hopes
    1. That Flatt medals (top three, not pewter)
    2. That Donlan/Spiroff make the top five
    3. That K/G-S come third
    4. That Farris and Aaron surprise and do well in the men.
    5. That Wagner and Czisny make the world team.

  12. #27
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Predictions

    Men
    1. Jeremy Abbott
    2. Adam Rippon
    3. Ross Miner
    4. Joshua Farris
    5. Richard Dornbush

    Ladies
    1. Alissa Czisny
    2. Ashley Wagner
    3. Rachel Flatt
    4. Mirai Nagasu
    5. Samantha Cesario

    Pairs
    1. Denney/Coughlin
    2. Evora/Ladwig
    3. Vise/Baldwin
    4. Marley/Brubaker
    5. Casteli/Shnapir

    Dance
    1. Davis/White
    2. Shibutani/Shibutani
    3. Chock/Bates
    4. Hubbell/Donahue
    5. Kreingairut/Giuletti-Schmidt (sp?)

    Hopes
    1. That Flatt medals (top three, not pewter)
    2. That Donlan/Spiroff make the top five
    3. That K/G-S come third
    4. That Farris and Aaron surprise and do well in the men.
    5. That Wagner and Czisny make the world team.
    Interesting IP. I think you're the only person out there that would put Rachael in third, given her poor GP standing. What's your thought process behind this?

  13. #28
    Custom Title macy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by fallingsk8er View Post
    For the men :
    Dornbush - has a quad now...and projects a lot of confidence when he skates
    Abbott - Hoping he wins, but predicting he wont :(
    Miner - great programs this year

    For ladies, I'll take:
    Czisny - GPF was a fluke...no one skates that badly twice in the same season
    Nagasu - She could actually win if she would just smile a little during the routine.
    Wagner - If Flatt shows up fit and ready, Ashley and Mirai may have to settle for 3rd and 4th.
    Flatt - Her Firebird routine is the best of the group. I hope she nails it.
    I agree about Rachael's program, even though she didn't do well on the gp I thought it had a lot of potential. if she skates a clean short and long she will be at least top 4.

  14. #29
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by fairly4 View Post
    i am not going to make any predictions why==
    i think they have already made up their minds about who is on the podium.

    they have a short list for each.

    normally i would because the falls, missteps, little bobbles, screw up was the level playing field against the top skaters that competed.

    not so anymore -why you can blow you program and still win . if they want you you to win, medal -they will make it so by the pcs scores to keep you up there. if not they wont.

    just look at the gp series to see that happening.

    so for med the people int he running for the medals for ladies is as follows
    alissa, mirai, rachel, ashely,
    pairs,
    i don't know
    coughlin/denny, evora, ladwig, and maybe a couple of thers
    dance

    d/w shibs, hubbell/donohue, chock/bates, and maybe a couple others
    I think that's true on the international level. I wonder if the judging is more "fair" (note the quotes) at the national level. It seems that maybe they should've held up Jeremy and Adam last year. Did anyone really think Ryan Bradley and the two kids could keep 3 spots?

    Anyway: Men
    1. Jeremy. Unless he really, really bombs.
    2. Ross Miner
    3. Adam Rippon

    Women
    1. Alyssa. Possibly held up by PCS
    2. Ashley
    3. Rachael
    4. Mirai --though I hope not, I don't trust her. She should be dominating,she's got the most talent

    Pairs
    Several indistinguishable teams will practically tie, then switch partners.

    Dance
    1. Obviously, duh!
    2. Shibs
    3. Maybe Chock and Hubbell

  15. #30
    At the rink. Again. mskater93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,087
    I cracked up at your pairs prediction! SOOOOOOO true

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •