Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir

^ I seem to be the victim of a tag-team by SkateFiguring and Katia. I had better retreat from my former position. :bow:

Now I will look up the proper meaning of the phrase, "oh the poor babies!"

Anyway, that's water over or under the dam or bridge. What actually caught my eye in the article posted by npa was David Dore's take on the old 6.0 judging system.

David Dore: Listen, there was nothing wrong with the other system, it was good for hundreds of years.

Last edited:

katia

On the Ice
mathman,
you mean that system was present during the Middle Ages? How interesting!!!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Since numeral systems are usually decimal or duodecimal, a 6.0 system should encompass even longer period per unit, like the proverbal dog year. Hundreds of 6.0 years could be a thousand normal years!

KKonas

Medalist
In teleconference with Virtue/Moir today, Tessa revealed that they changed one lift in the SD, the curve lift in the middle of the program has been changed to a rotational lift at the end. Also they changed the first lift in the FD as well as eliminated some stops within the FD.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Eliminating the stops and changing the first lift are excellent changes. The first lift, because they never seemed secure in it, and it was consistently the lowest scoring of the 3 lifts. And the stops, because they are times that add no points, only resting spots.

I do wonder why they changed the 2nd lift-perhaps because it isn't that distinct from part of the 3rd lift? I'd like to know the rationale for changing that lift.

KKonas

Medalist
Eliminating the stops and changing the first lift are excellent changes. The first lift, because they never seemed secure in it, and it was consistently the lowest scoring of the 3 lifts. And the stops, because they are times that add no points, only resting spots.

I do wonder why they changed the 2nd lift-perhaps because it isn't that distinct from part of the 3rd lift? I'd like to know the rationale for changing that lift.

They changed the SD lift to a rotational at the end because they felt it would make a more exciting finish to the program.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker

What do you mean? KKonas' comments was that they changed the one lift in the SD and the first lift in the FD. The second lift in the FD remains the same according to his comment, right?

KKonas

Medalist
What do you mean? KKonas' comments was that they changed the one lift in the SD and the first lift in the FD. The second lift in the FD remains the same according to his comment, right?

Just to clarify. Only two lift changes - one in the FD (the first lift) and one in the SD deleting the curve lift in the middle of the program to add a rotational lift at the end of the SD.

jcoates

Medalist
Nice to see that the collective consensus about the problems with their dance seem to be in line with both what V/M and their coaches think and also apparently with the feedback they sought after the GPF. Maybe we do know something about skating after all. :)

I continue to insist that this will be a close race to the end of the season.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Well, they do exactly what they said they were going to do after the GPF and COP offers clear indications on how to improve their scores. And the intense rivalry provides great impetus.